Stable...

Natech98

What is stable about 20-30 solid FPS on medium/low settings with a decent PC? WHAT IS STABLE ABOUT IT???

I know my GPU isnt THAT good but when it cant run lowest of the low at 60 fps on a R5 2600x 1050Ti 16gb DDR4 ram, I legit get angry. I've been waiting for this update for SO long and here it is officially and it SUCKS MORE than A17 STABLE release. Now instead of lagging NEAR Poi structures where my fps tanked in A17 to mid 20's, I get 60 so thats a big plus but NOW anywhere away from poi structures I tank to those same mid 20's.. Just flip the switch back and go back to the laggy poi's so I can enjoy the new stuff with stable FPS.

This is turning into a joke with how they are developing the game I swear, I am not gonna go and buy a 600$ GPU to ♥♥♥♥ing run an alpha game LOL. An alpha game I tried to stick with since it's first release with steam, I fully quit after A17 and tried to return for this but oh man I am amazed at how utter ♥♥♥♥ it runs.

What is stable about 20-30 solid FPS on medium/low settings with a decent PC? WHAT IS STABLE ABOUT IT???

I know my GPU isnt THAT good but when it cant run lowest of the low at 60 fps on a R5 2600x 1050Ti 16gb DDR4 ram, I legit get angry. I've been waiting for this update for SO long and here it is officially and it SUCKS MORE than A17 STABLE release. Now instead of lagging NEAR Poi structures where my fps tanked in A17 to mid 20's, I get 60 so thats a big plus but NOW anywhere away from poi structures I tank to those same mid 20's.. Just flip the switch back and go back to the laggy poi's so I can enjoy the new stuff with stable FPS.

This is turning into a joke with how they are developing the game I swear, I am not gonna go and buy a 600$ GPU to ♥♥♥♥ing run an alpha game LOL. An alpha game I tried to stick with since it's first release with steam, I fully quit after A17 and tried to return for this but oh man I am amazed at how utter ♥♥♥♥ it runs.

While I agree that the game is getting more and more disappointing with each alpha, you may wanna wait a bit regarding performance. When A17 stable came out, I still had some fps issues here and there...even tho my PC can handle most games. However, when A17.4 came, it ran pretty smoothly. So you may wanna wait a bit.

While I agree that the game is getting more and more disappointing with each alpha, you may wanna wait a bit regarding performance. When A17 stable came out, I still had some fps issues here and there...even tho my PC can handle most games. However, when A17.4 came, it ran pretty smoothly. So you may wanna wait a bit.

I've been playing A18 since the public unstable builds after streamer weekend, most of the streamers btw have monster systems to hide the bad performance the game has which I assume the devs do the same when testing the game themselves on 2080Ti's or lowest of 1070's. FPS wasnt always a big issue with me in the past Alpha's A16 runs like butter even on an old HP 300$ laptop from walmart. Everything changes when A17 hit and thinks tank even for my desktop rigs, A17.4 runs still at a unstable 45-55 fps on medium/low. A18 made it WORSE, you will see once the next patches come for A18 that everyone with a low end system or medium end system will complain about this. I'm sure they are deleting or moving threads like mine because I cant find a single post with a claim such as mine. I know for a fact(many friends even friends with 1080Ti systems) that many people have this issue and it's not being fixed.

Seems the only fox is to shell out your cash on a shiny new GPU to counter these problems and even then you still get small issues with frame drops and texture errors.

Even on one PC, the household potato, I am getting 40-70 fps with rx570 with 8gigs of ram lul

For sure better than a17.

Its for sure, not better than A17.. Performance just keeps getting worse with each major Alpha stage. I've loved playing A16 alot with friends but once A17 hit most of us couldnt even run the game and we all have mixed systems, most of theirs being way better than mine and getting bad FPS overall.

Performance just keeps getting worse with each major Alpha stage.

For you. My old rig (built a new one this year) was a Core i7-960 with 12GB RAM and a GTX 760, and I got plenty fine frame rates out of Alpha 17 at default recommended or slightly higher settings. My new rig (i7 9700K, 32 GB RAM, and a RTX 2060) handles max settings with equal FPS, but that's a different story. You sound like you need a complete wipe and reinstall of 7D2D, or have some other issue going on, because very few people have had FPS issues with the A18 stable. If you're having that many issues, post in the support forum with your full specs. Someone should be able to at least attempt to help with your specific issues.

He waited ten minutes after the release and then decided to use an alt account and opened the "stable" thread ;)

Alt acc? Wtf is wrong with you. Also to the guy above you I deleted everything file wise to 7d2d and wiped it down clean. Gave a fresh install of A16.4 it ran fine, fresh again with 17.4 it ran between 45-50 fps on high with SS reflections disabled(cause it was a major problem during that update), THEN I ran a fresh stable A18(b155) CANT EVENT GET 40 FPS on LOW SETTINGS all options ticked off and texture quarter.

I know this isnt my system, My brother is running a mirror build but with a 1660Ti GPU and it runs like crap on his too, same fresh installs ran between both systems. His ran 10-12 fps higher on the same LOW settings as me. Back to Project Zomboid for me, they are bringing better promise than these devs ever did.

It is still an Alpha game. As far as I know, "stable" in this context means that you should not have to restart your current save game with any further A18 updates. Not that there won't be bugs or that it will be fully optimized by any means.

Try fiddling with individual settings. You can't just hit "medium" or "High" and get the best results. Shadows and reflections both are real killers. Play around and try different combinations of settings and I'm sure you'll get it purring along. It's a LOT better already than hen the first experimental came out and it's not released as a stable branch yet so more work is ongoing.

Alt acc? Wtf is wrong with you. Also to the guy above you I deleted everything file wise to 7d2d and wiped it down clean. Gave a fresh install of A16.4 it ran fine, fresh again with 17.4 it ran between 45-50 fps on high with SS reflections disabled(cause it was a major problem during that update), THEN I ran a fresh stable A18(b155) CANT EVENT GET 40 FPS on LOW SETTINGS all options ticked off and texture quarter.

I know this isnt my system, My brother is running a mirror build but with a 1660Ti GPU and it runs like crap on his too, same fresh installs ran between both systems. His ran 10-12 fps higher on the same LOW settings as me. Back to Project Zomboid for me, they are bringing better promise than these devs ever did.

Turn off occlusion, anisotropic filtering, and/or distant terrain. One or some combination of those options should alleviate your FPS issues.

In the command console within the game:

Distant Terrain = gfx dt

Anisotropic Filtering = gfx af 0 (I think)

Occlusion = not sure? Perhaps under graphics options? Not at home to check right now, sorry.

Edit:

Make sure your graphics drivers from nVidia are up to date. When A18e first dropped, I had terrible FPS on my current rig, but within a few days a new driver update had dropped. Installing that brought my FPS up noticeably, although certainly not to the level later game patches did, but still. Just something else to try if you haven't already. Again, this sounds like an issue with your specific system(s), so it's worth checking with the support guys to try to figure this out.

Even on one PC, the household potato, I am getting 40-70 fps with rx570 with 8gigs of ram lul

For sure better than a17.

This has been my experience as well. Core i7, 3.4GHz, 32GB, 4GB RX560. Game runs fine at "medium". And in any case "stable" has nothing to do with FPS of any particular setup. It's about not requiring world wipes between patch releases.

Its for sure, not better than A17.. Performance just keeps getting worse with each major Alpha stage. I've loved playing A16 alot with friends but once A17 hit most of us couldnt even run the game and we all have mixed systems, most of theirs being way better than mine and getting bad FPS overall.

How does saying "no not better" with no examples or system specs support your theory there bud?

I told you what that potato does, and it 100% is better than that potato ran a17.

You cant just say "Nuh-uh because reasons, I said so" that is not a rebuttle.

We are talking a 4gig card and 8gigs of Ram, and runs great, maybe you should try some stuff to get your FPS up if you arent getting atleast what I am getting on that system. I am even running at 1080p

P.s. your videocard is crap, you need to upgrade that junker. I been playing a18 since experimental and my performance for the most part is far better, with the exception of 3 problems area's I have noticed:

I have FPS issues in the Snow, burnt forest and Desert Biomes, and near water. I go from steady 60 in forest, but second I go near water, or the snow/burnt forest/desert biomes my fps halfs to about 30-35. I personally blame the fog in those 3 biomes as the culprit of it. As for the water I have no idea, even turning it from high to low, doesn't fix the fps issue, so I get the feeling its more the ground texture near the water causing the problem, it does look like the same one in the desert.

Whats weird is while my pc is not that great i5-7500 3.42ghz quad core, 24 gb ram, geforce 1070 with 8 gb vram on the card I should have more than enough ram/vram to not be having lag due to textures. Till its fixed I generally try to avoid those biomes, I mean its perfectly playable, it just feels like its lagging a bit.

i have a 4th gen i7 , 16 gig of ram, a gtx 1080 ti, and a 2 gig hard drive and im getting 75-110 max fps have seen it dip down to 50 ish a few times but only real fast and its back up. hovers around 80 ish mostly . i have all max settings EXCEPT v-sync is off, depth of field is off, motion blur is off.A18.1_2019-10-25_17-39-19.thumb.jpg.ba0aa68ff19f8f627da7193dd9633f98.jpg

sorry my steam fps didnt show up on picture and i have easy anti cheat off because i always play solo.

How did I miss deleting or moving this thread criticizing the bad performance of A18? Oh well...too late now since it has been seen by too many people.

It will probably be fine being as it is the only "A18 has bad FPS" thread in existence.....

my pc is not that great i5-7500 3.42ghz quad core, 24 gb ram, geforce 1070 with 8 gb vram on the card

hahahah not that great.

~ $325.00 for the video card

~ $240.00 for the CPU

~ $105.00 for the ram

That is a solid system with a cost that puts someone into the gamer category. You can't presume to know this persons financial position. Also it is not unreasonable to complain about the game becoming unplayable for them when it was fine just a few months ago. But I am happy that you can afford an expensive card.

"Stable" also means "minimal bugs and performance issues for a majority of players." Will there be outliers in this scenario? Yes. Are you one of them? Maybe so. Post more information in the support forum and try other fixes.

Archived