Picking up mines

Spatch

I found a POI dungeon house that has mines on the floor.

I thought for a second I was able to pick them up.

What I was picking up were just cooking pots.

I suspect the dev who built the POI placed regular cooking pots on the ground.

I'd report it as a bug, but I don't want to bug them with something this silly at the moment.

I'd report it as a bug, but I don't want to bug them with something this silly at the moment.

Cooking pots are usually used for cooking

Cooking grenades is an explosion thing

Explosions can happen with mines

Mines were wrenchable in A17 says Roland

Roland is a Troll

Trolls will happen in A18

ILLUMINATI CONFIRMED!!!! 😅

Follow-up question:

I just want them gone but shooting at them with a rifle and arrow did not set them off. Did I maybe just miss the mine when I shot at it or is shooting them no longer a thing?

Usually the gunfire lets them explode. This still works in A18. But there are also some POIs with fake mines. At the hospital there is e.g. an entrance in front of the hubcap mines. But these are only hubcaps. I tested it with several zombies which I lured to the entrance and I also shot at the mines. Nothing happened.

Sometime you shoot at a mine multiple times and it don't explode but if a zombie walks over them they explode. You seems to have to hit a certain spot on this tiny mine.

Those are mines, if you step on them you'll blow up. For some reason we can pick them up and when we do they turn into regular pots. Been this way since A16 I believe.

Those are mines, if you step on them you'll blow up. For some reason we can pick them up and when we do they turn into regular pots. Been this way since A16 I believe.

I see. It's very possible I just never noticed it was like that in A16 and A17. I would say then that there is some bug that needs fixing. Either you should be able to pick up all mines (and in doing so a cooking pot mine should give you a cooking pot mine), or no mines can be picked up.

level 5 of a perception perk states you can pick up mines.

Also, just an FYI, if you're walking on mines and saying "this is broken!" - make sure you didn't pick up and read the "you don't set off mines" magazine that exists....considering the huge amount of random magazines you might pick up and read and learn, especially learning different magazines over different playthrus, it's easy to mix up which magazine perks you have or don't have, which could easily lead to noticing you walked over a mine and thinking "man, these are so broken!"

Archived