Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

actually issue has been addressed and works rather well... no need for indestructible blocks that can/would be exploited. i thought MM showed pics of new bridge ramps/wedges. i thought i seen some people here say they like how they looked, so someone showed them. :)

Link to draw bridge PWEASE

Any chance you can add more Useful data to some blocks like who placed it and when and maybe a trigger so I can have code that can register to listen for that type of block? I know some blocks like secure chest have more info about the owner but bedrolls seem pretty dumb.

Oh, that's a thought! Have bedrolls keep some extra info, just like secure chests, so that they can show whether they have been replaced by a newer one or not... It's always frustrating to see a bedroll that won't display an owner, and have to wonder if the owner either placed another or is just offline for now. :-s

A19 confirmed then? Not Beta 1.

In general (all development teams are different, so this may not be how TFP is doing it) the phases are defined like this:

ALPHA - Features are still being added to the game, some features may be removed still, lots of placeholders for features still to come.

BETA - The game is feature complete, optimization begins in earnest, nothing major is added or removed.

RELEASE - The game is done. Bug fix patches can still be published afterward but this is it for most teams.

7DTD is obviously still in ALPHA, and will be for quite a while in my opinion, since TFP haven't even started to add some major features yet (Bandits, Storyline, etc.). They can't start Beta 1 until all major features are in the game.

Like in Minecraft, right? There you can go to a special dimension and beat a boss to get the credits flowing, but you can keep playing afterwards.

Talking about Minecraft, maybe like it, have it that each Level 5 or so plays the A16 level up sound, and other Levels play the A17 level up sound.

A lot more like Fallout 4 lol. Pick a side, kill da bad guy (in your opinion), roll credits, keep playing.

Quivers go on your back or attached to vehicles like Chariots in a historical context.

Maybe we could incorporate them with Bandoliers that were added to the game, just makes more sense...

It's a visual thing, I want to see a Quiver of Arrows or Spears on my back...

I also think it is Cumbersome to retrieve the same Spear over & over again or trying to collect it from a miss throw in a pack of running Z's. In the heat of battle I want to throw Spears without constantly retrieving it again, I would rather make a new 1 than bother with running up to a Z that I am trying to kill from a distance to collect it & runaway to throw it again.

Is the Spear stackable? I feel it should be if it isn't...

Spears have quality so they can’t stack. You don’t have to throw them. They work well as a longer reach jabbing weapon. In fact I find it more satisfying to combo it up with a few jabs and then a throw— and then you are retrieving it only once in awhile.

I'd love to see 7DTD's ending. You beat the Duke and while there's still zombies around, you're the king of the apocalypse now, baby :cool2:

Nope, you might kill Noah for the duke, and your still the duke's bitch. Invert it if you want to kill the duke. Maybe we can start a random quest called anarchy afterwards where you can team up with an up coming crooked disgrunted captain and take out the other faction leader, the one you allied with after you kill the "bad one".

Can We Get A Quiver Please

This has bugged me for a while & with the addition to Spears I think it would be nice to have 1...

We currently carry Arrows in the BP, Why? An Archer does not reload by grabbing Arrow's out of a BP...

I want to craft Quivers for Arrows or Spears, maybe we could add it to the Books for Archery to make Quivers that hold more Arrows or Spears.

I would also like to add the Spear Quivers to the Mini-Bike & Motorcycle so you could throw them while riding.

If we could add a bittch seat to the Motorcycle the passenger could throw Spears...

Quivers have been used for a long time to hold Arrows & Javelins or Spears...

Its a detail most games do without, especially ones made by small teams.

Did the Military Helmet texture get fixed for A18? in A17.4 if you press B. the image on the head slot does not match the one you are wearing.

head slot looks like a USMC MARPAT and the character image looks like Digi camo.

New icons were made.

Hi Madmole, a very important consultation, seeing the amounts of new ammunition, perforators and others, I think it is necessary to add a work table to manufacture special ammunition, because it is not very obvious to manufacture them without a work table to create ammunition

Its called a workbench.

Are there any future plans for more vehicles? I ask this...because I am honestly happy with what we already have. The one vehicle that I was originally (full disclosure) annoyed by was the Gyrocopter. Now that I have discovered the Nitrogen modded maps, I couldn't live without a gyrocopter to help me get over large mountains or land on that island in the middle of a lake or carefully maneuver to the top of a skyscraper. I love the balance of speed between the different vehicles and don't think to myself...if we just had a "plane, etc". So, are there any new vehicles still under consideration for development?

Mod-wise for vehicles, I assume we'll have a speed mod, storage mod, extra passenger mod, and maybe an extra defense mod? Are there any mods for vehicles being tossed around?

I don't comment much here but I read a lot and after 2700 hours in this game I still love it.

I still get exited by playing a new game and trying to survive as long as I can and then start over... lol

Anyway... I love to read and see what work is still being done and can't wait for more updates.

Keep up the good work! Amazing!

Awesome to hear you have so many hours!

After watching the powered drawbridge video (LOVE IT, BTW) I had a thought about the damaged base ramp dilemma.

Maybe a duplicate of the ramps could be created with a unique new name, like vehicle ramp.

They would be indestructible, BUT pick up able by the creator if a LCB was in range. That way they would take no damage, but could still be removed for future construction or redesign. Its the easiest solution to the base ramp problem, but of course does not fix the RWG poi bridge's ramp issue.

If you look on the official pimp channel you'll see bridges are fixed. I just didn't use the new blocks for my demo.

After watching the powered drawbridge video (LOVE IT, BTW) I had a thought about the damaged base ramp dilemma.

Maybe a duplicate of the ramps could be created with a unique new name, like vehicle ramp.

They would be indestructible, BUT pick up able by the creator if a LCB was in range. That way they would take no damage, but could still be removed for future construction or redesign. Its the easiest solution to the base ramp problem, but of course does not fix the RWG poi bridge's ramp issue.

What is damage base ramp dilemma?

Quivers go on your back or attached to vehicles like Chariots in a historical context.

Maybe we could incorporate them with Bandoliers that were added to the game, just makes more sense...

It's a visual thing, I want to see a Quiver of Arrows or Spears on my back...

I also think it is Cumbersome to retrieve the same Spear over & over again or trying to collect it from a miss throw in a pack of running Z's. In the heat of battle I want to throw Spears without constantly retrieving it again, I would rather make a new 1 than bother with running up to a Z that I am trying to kill from a distance to collect it & runaway to throw it again.

Is the Spear stackable? I feel it should be if it isn't...

Do you throw away your modded pink pump shotgun? No. So why would you throw away your spear? Its something you are heavily invested in, its not just a stick you don't care about. We could always consider "throw away spears" like arrows, but they wouldn't be moddable and at this point, nope not happening for A18.

Are there any future plans for more vehicles? I ask this...because I am honestly happy with what we already have. The one vehicle that I was originally (full disclosure) annoyed by was the Gyrocopter. Now that I have discovered the Nitrogen modded maps, I couldn't live without a gyrocopter to help me get over large mountains or land on that island in the middle of a lake or carefully maneuver to the top of a skyscraper. I love the balance of speed between the different vehicles and don't think to myself...if we just had a "plane, etc". So, are there any new vehicles still under consideration for development?

Mod-wise for vehicles, I assume we'll have a speed mod, storage mod, extra passenger mod, and maybe an extra defense mod? Are there any mods for vehicles being tossed around?

We might do a proper helicopter so 4 people can travel together. quickly but costly.

I doubt we'll do speed mods because of chunk generation speed. Probably fuel economy for sure, the rest we will wait to talk about.

Loving the new textures in the desert and forest biomes. The splat maps really set of how they work together and with the new player melee/gun reloading and healing animations they are starting to look right and more organic.

In the recent play through vids, the spears ranged attack seems to be spammed at close range negating the need for its melee attack. Could there be a chance for the spear to break or "not stick" to the zombies at close range to balance the 2 modes?

Also new animation updates - does this include any zombie movement updates other than the already announced falling rag doll effect?(so Mocap has more mixed rag doll effects for hit detection and explosions ).I'm guessing this might come with bandits in A19?

I always thought it'd be cool and more immersive if regular bandages only healed your max hp up to like...70 or 75% health. First aid bandages could be 90 or 100 and fak could be 100 for sure.

If you have a major injury, internal bleeding, multiple large scale wounds, a bandage isn't going to fix that completely...it's just a bandage after all!

Would encourage you to play more carefully and get/require better first aid instead of being able to rely on natural healing over time plus a million bandages to reach full health again.

Thoughts?

In the recent play through vids, the spears ranged attack seems to be spammed at close range negating the need for its melee attack. Could there be a chance for the spear to break or "not stick" to the zombies at close range to balance the 2 modes?

As far as I have seen the spear does not consume any stamina at the moment. That's why the testers spam the power attack.

The spear will certainly still be balanced and then the throw will surely consume a lot of stamina.

Archived