Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

Two things I've noticed but not sure if anyone else has...

I've had my motorcycle hit by zombies once or twice and completely broken...and repair kits won't repair it at all. I've only seen this with the motorcycle though. (Saw it last night, and saw it two xp's back as we.)

4x4 for me. I looted a POI. When I went out, there was a dead zombie bear spread out in front of my 4x4. The 4x4 had 0 life points. I used a dozen repair kits before it was fixed. But when I started driving, the health of the SUV fell to 0. I tried to repair it again, but same thing. The creative menu was needed this time ...

Who cares about these guys ?

Either way you make one guy mad ejecting worthless paint into his inventory and he has to throw it out, or make the guy who wants the paint mad by not ejecting it. You can make a jillion gallons of paint cheap, I'm not sure I like the change that you can scrap die to paint yet. Not sure we need a dye slot, you could just drag and drop it and be done, its permanent. Dye with another color if you don't like it. That might be less management/clutter.

People were suicide farming 100s of blood bags, so there was a buff that was added on death, that TFP didn't approve of, death should clear all buffs for consistency. Without that inconsistency they could farm all the blood bags they want for a one time maximum loss of 50% xp.

Furthermore, the large first aid kit violated one of 18's key principal designs which is all good crafts require a loot only trinket. As it was they were 100% farmable which also goes against everything we've done making odd loot only trinkets to craft anything decent.

More blood kits are in loot now, so it should be fine, just no endless best medical item in the game.

Thanks for the response. Glad to know that they'll be more findable to compensate. it was a little too easy to get too many medkits.

Either way you make one guy mad ejecting worthless paint into his inventory and he has to throw it out, or make the guy who wants the paint mad by not ejecting it. You can make a jillion gallons of paint cheap, I'm not sure I like the change that you can scrap die to paint yet. Not sure we need a dye slot, you could just drag and drop it and be done, its permanent. Dye with another color if you don't like it. That might be less management/clutter.

Makes sense now ^^.

- - - Updated - - -

You are hurting my feelings. ;)

I hate myself for that :)

Have you been mining beneath your base, by any chance?

Edit: Watched your video. Another possibility is a chunk loading problem. I think we have seen that before.

I didn't do any mining anywhere near that base. It was most likely that chunk loading issue as I've heard of that oops from previous bug reportings.

it happened to me in A17, i partially demolished a house and built my base there, the first floor was identical but the second floor was bigger than the original and it would simply start demolishing itself after a while,i came to the conclusion that the game refused to accept my design as it would forcefully try to load the old house, sometimes i would even see my base as the old house for few seconds when far away from it

Yea, it was a design just built in the middle of nowhere, didn't tear down a prefab and build over top.

I'm just glad it wasn't the other side that caved, that would have been the end of that play through LOL

It annoys the hell out of me that there are 10 or so pissed off guys out there who camp at steam and thumbs up (making helpful) every bad review they can find. This makes the tiny amount of bad reviews there actually is parked on top of the first default review page you see. If you guys have some ♥♥♥♥s to give, you could go there and click thumbs up the positive reviews so we can drown out these 10 guys who are probably mad they got Banned and are marking every bad review helpful.

Steams system is stupid. No one review is more helpful than the next, and haters can skew the perception. Lets fight hate with love and give the positive reviews some love guys, thanks.

It annoys the hell out of me that there are 10 or so pissed off guys out there who camp at steam and thumbs up (making helpful) every bad review they can find. This makes the tiny amount of bad reviews there actually is parked on top of the first default review page you see. If you guys have some ♥♥♥♥s to give, you could go there and click thumbs up the positive reviews so we can drown out these 10 guys who are probably mad they got Banned and are marking every bad review helpful.

Steams system is stupid. No one review is more helpful than the next, and haters can skew the perception. Lets fight hate with love and give the positive reviews some love guys, thanks.

Heard

Dont worry about those guys. The overwhelmingly positive reviews speaks higher volumes then those guys. Keep on balancing and making things better.

For the last time... you can no longer use the soil types in the creativmenue (asphalt, sandstone, destroyed stone .... ) until 17.4 that has worked. in 18.0 a new road with asphalt impossible

So use gravel? Why is it so important? We could possibly swap gravel for asphalt. I don't think we can add another though, shader limits.

I'm not going to make you bad on Steam. It annoys me only that important parts of the creative menue are broken

Its not broken, its changed. We don't support asphalt any more, the blocks are there for level designers.

Would you guys prefer we trade gravel in for asphalt?

Dont worry about those guys. The overwhelmingly positive reviews speaks higher volumes then those guys. Keep on balancing and making things better.

Yeah but if 1% of the guys here did what I asked.... they would be buried at the bottom where they belong.

...all of us.

*reloading my .44*

Boys, it is happening, we are doing it against stupidity, this is not a drill.

On the bright side, @madmole, you are breaking records guys :)

35,324 In-Game. I just don't want it spoiled by literally 10 butt hurt guys and steams dumb review system.

I'm not going to make you bad on Steam. It annoys me only that important parts of the creative menue are broken

Unfortunately there are things that all of us used and at some point go dropped off, in a matter for better additions and experience.

But there will be steam workshop some day, that will fill few wholes here and there.

I always put a thumb down to the bad reviews... ok to do the contrary for the good ones :)

Edit : You should open a pinned thread for that.

Archived