Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

madmole

Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Alpha 18 Dev Diary!!

• A18 Stable is Out!
    • :)

No they should leave you alone unless injured or blood moon.

Yeah, drive for any length of time and it's guaranteed that Terminator Vulture will get you. ("That vulture is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead.") To the point where I check that I have pistol selected before I get on my motorcycle because it's going to happen.

This is also something that's been the case since at least A17, and possibly sooner.

Just Curious, anyone else having an issue with the farm plots showing a seed is placeable but when you right click to place it, the seed /plant drops maybe a 1/8th inch and then poofs out of existence or drops to the ground? (i have found this happening to about 25% of my farm plots that are next to a building that had a window frame i tore out, and another 25% didn't the remaining 50% of the planted just fine. reloads would not fix the issue, i had to move ALL the farm plots to the middle of a flat area and threw then on the ground in 3x1 x 3x1 rows. didn't have any issues planting after that. (this hurt because i can't make the seeds i lost and i have to find more. lol)

Oh I was saying how it should be, it is how you describe it, we need to fix it.

Yeah I can confirm, vultures dart from whereever they are however far they are when I'm on the motorcycle. I just thought they get pissed off you're moving fast / jealous of your wheels haha. Full hp on me and bike, makes no difference.

We'd have to link the recipe to a new block that can be shoveled so the POI ones cannot be shoveled. You can't pick up your concrete, and its arguably kind of expensive to make.

i understand your point, after thinking about it a bit, i guess its only annoying early game when nitrate and rotten flesh are hard to gather. later on when u have decent tools and a nitrate mine going, and good weapons + GS is high enough to be killing vultures all day , its a no brain-er.

but game-play wise you usually want to move the farm plots early on when its hard, and by the time it gets easy u no longer need to cuz base design changes are happening less often.

im happy to hear you properly fixed it. great , ty !

Did you attack them? If you re-engage by attacking anything even a rabbit the horde will smell that blood and come for you.

Nope...I was sneaking back trying to get my backpack...next thing I know, I'm being hunted down like a dog just like it used to be. I'm wondering if that's bugged if you are in mp and a party member is still fighting?

Regardless, while it was far from our best horde night, it was fun....the whole point of playing anyway.

I generate a 8K map around 10 minutes. Just generated a new seed and came across the same generation issue. Again in the desert, if that matters.

Unless you have a 2030 cpu it will take longer than 10 minutes to do properly. I have a really fast pc and it takes 15 minutes I think to cook an 8k world, if it goes faster you got the bug. Post your system specs please.

Or just generate it with a dedi, it takes longer but doesn't screw up. Or play pregen01 or 2.

We are doing some balance, people are getting good gear too soon. This will restore crafting as all the brown guns you find will be crafted into something better, until the loot catches up with you, then later game you will probably loot something better than what you crafted early game. Its not going to be brown forever and there will still be a chance for purple on day 1, but generally we're stretching the crappy gear out a little more is all to make crafting more of a thing again.

That sounds like a good plan, so we have a reason to look at crafting gear.

I honestly haven't looked at crafting armor or weapons at all... Just mods, and basics needed as well as vehicles.

I'm ok with the change. Its 14 parts to craft a T6 and you might roll a piece of crap. It takes quite a bit of work to save up 14 parts just to roll the dice once.

that's reasonable. for that quality.

also i think you guys should add more chest so areas like houses could have a reinforced Wooden chest due to them being easy!

Yes those will come in the future and be loot or buy only for sure. 20 or 30k? What do you guys think a legendary should cost at a trader?

Well, first of all, I think the price should vary between tiers. A Legendary Pistol should cost less than a Legendary SMG, for instance. My vote: 25k for a legendary T1/T2 weapon, and 30k for a T3 Legendary Weapon.

I believe it should be these prices (or somewhere along these lines) because it's relatively easy to get a decent amount of money once you get T4/T5 Fetch quests. (Get in, find the level the supplies are on (usually by the aid of a pre-built stairwell), get the supplies, get out, and get paid.)

Suggestion: Maybe there could be an extremely rare, highly coveted loot container that has a higher chance (say, 5%) of containing a Legendary Weapon. They would only exist within a few, unique POI's where the final loot chamber (which houses this special loot container) is inaccessible - due to indestructible blocks - outside of a special key, or code, which is inserted into the final door/control panel. The trader, or a rare map/paper you find, will give you this code/key, and then, and only then, will you be able to enter this loot room. (Perhaps the trader could also give this key/code as a T5 quest reward, or or maybe even part of a special type of T5 quest.)

That might work. So the meat head perk gives you 20 to 100% more health when consuming meat. Adds a meat shake recipe from a blood bag, egg and meat, can eat raw meat and eggs with no food poisoning etc. You know as a body building meat head this is an easy sell.

I'm not sure he needs the huntsman that should almost go to perception or agility as most hunters use a rifle or bow.

Thats still pretty low amount of hp even if you double it. Making a bloodbag makes you more hungry and egg and meat with just 1 point into cooking and you already have bacon and eggs, so you'd have to regain quite a bit of stamina to make it worth the bloodbag food loss + bacon and egg loss. Already another skill to help with food poisoning. Sounds like an incredibly complex way to pretty much get back where you started with just having cooking and getting more HP and hunger back even if you dont have a bonus to meat harvest

Archived