User Initiated Fixes

Roland

A request for a thread that could be a repository of fan created fixes for common problems with A17 has been made. If you feel you have a fix that the developers should know about please post the code changes here and I will make our QA Lead aware of this thread.

I can't promise TFP will choose to fix bugs and glitches using your method but you never know and maybe something will come of whatever gets posted here.

Isn't every mod a fix for perceived issues with vanilla?

I don't understand.

LOL!!

I'm not sure if sarcasm was implied or not, but I think, and correct me if I am wrong Roland, he means if we have actual C#/Unity patches and not XML changes, to list them in the thread and TFP may implement it.

Yes, it is not clear what is meant here.

I do not think that developers will be interested in changes in the gameplay/balances that make mods.

May be this: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?37165-Unofficial-XML-Fixes

For example, I could to report a bug that i'm sure exists in vanilla, but it's extremely rare there because of some circumstances that hide it. But with the help of xml-changes - it is possible to show.

This error regarding calculate structural integrity.

But perhaps the developers are aware of this, and therefore do not make such a density of decoration in the world. Although, it seems fixing this - it is a short work.

Isn't every mod a fix for perceived issues with vanilla?

///

Well, You understand that the mod is only a subjective vision of one person, and therefore can not help vanilla. But here are the general tendency in many mods - this is an indicator of what is really lacking vanilla (for example - indicators of water and food on hud)

xml edits i suggest to add in the basegame

..... decided to post not every change of my mod.

But i guess arround 50% of my changes would be good for the vanilla gameplay.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?103985-Vanilla-modlet-collection

i edited the quote to show which i mean

Making the startgame less tedious

* Broader Gameoptions (Adapted Red Eagles Modlets)

* Bigger storeroom for Vehicle (Adapted Stedmans Modlet)

* Additional Cloth recipes

Reduce the impact of RNG on Gameplay

* Trader advertisements (Red Eagles Modlet)

* Questline that reduces RNG luck influence by offering Beaker,ToolnDie Set, Magnum, Ak, Chainsaw , Auger and vehicles during longer gameplay (In Quest Modlet + enabled by swapable modlet)

Support Nomads (additional to the raised storage)

* Golden Coin

Support Admins of small servers

* Respawning Boulders

* Respawning Cars (Adapted mat1k Modlet)

* Respawning (over cross) Trashbags, Bird nests, Gore piles

* Respawnable gun safes that give now more Steelingots (1 with low perks on average)

* Boxes that give XP(cm menue only) (In Quest Modlet)

* Boxes that give Skillpoints(cm menue only and in Starterclasses) (In Quest Modlet)

Some nice additions and Balance

* More Coffee in Vending machines

* 0XP Bandana

*Edit: More money in startgame by more closed registers and a bit more money from them

If there is really interest i offer to make a list of edits i would make to the vanilla game if i would be in charge.

(Copy and paste ready posts that i would testplay before i post)

(such edits would be mostly less strong because mods (specially moddlets) are allways a optional value to the vanilla value)

Whatever.

Someone was put out that they fixed stuff for TFP and didn’t feel like their efforts were acknowledged. Someone else suggested a thread for posting fixes. I provided the thread. That’s my whole involvement other than sending a link to Hated so he can have a look.

<shrug>

Here is how I see it, and anyone can chime in and correct me. Because the source code is not provided, we have to assume the fixes that are requested are XML fixes/changes.

So... This is where I paste my blood moon fix? :)

So yes? lol I think this definitely is a great example :)

Clockwork's topic has been around for quite a while now.

AFAIK almost all the fixes have already been incorporated into the game (surprise) but as time goes on after a patch release the "fixes" submitted to a topic like that become increasingly gameplay changing and therefore "mods", not "fixes".

I can only assume that the topic was deemed to hard to find.

There is a "Mod List" sticky but it only leads to a Google document with a barely readable font and colour scheme so maybe that's the reason.

You are right gazz.

With XML edits possible fixes are nearly all implemented.

Most stuff thats left TFP stated as intended, so these fixes are declarable as mods.

Most stuff i would change in A17.3 -> A17.4 are sadly no simple XML changes

* Max possible vehicle storage slots 90 -> 600 and the Vending machines UI for this storages

(Would make Maphopping viable what is the current biggest issue since we have the small maps)

* Missing Trigger for quests: "Destroy x Blocks of Y type"

* Prefabs on server need a manual download for clients

* Lootabundance adjustable with buffs for each player

* Possibility to adjust Ability / Perkpoints costs directly and not only with a multiplyer

(Allow to implement a decent midgamegate)

But this change i can offer to make. (And this change is not modable so easy without changing vanilla)

Set the current Vending machines to never respawn

New vending machine with 7 day respawn. For Vending machines in the open near streets (Buzzs bar, Stripper bar,...)

New vending machine for trader compounds, daylie reset.

Add a few container to Trader Compounds (Broken Storage Container) as temporary storage in singleplayer (QOL change)

So... This is where I paste my blood moon fix? :)

I'm gathering this thread is for the whiners who say modders are better than tfp and that modders fix the "broken" game?

No. This thread is because someone said they submitted fixes to bugs to TFP and were told, "We're not going to use that". Someone else found that sad and thought there should be a thread with fixes that TFP could choose to use or not. So I made this. At least now I have an answer for when someone asks why threads such as this one don't work... ;)

Archived