Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

how can i remove certain zombies from this and just have afew, some of these are not what i want in the server I have...

Update, I figured out what I had to do.....

however, neither for the phoenix work well, the fire phoenix just look like a big vulture with no special ability and the diamond one just has an electric bolt on its self and does nothing

Actually update, they do randomly catch fire or electric and kill them selves...

Edited by TomGun42 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, TomGun42 said:

how can i remove certain zombies from this and just have afew, some of these are not what i want in the server I have...

Update, I figured out what I had to do.....

however, neither for the phoenix work well, the fire phoenix just look like a big vulture with no special ability and the diamond one just has an electric bolt on its self and does nothing

Actually update, they do randomly catch fire or electric and kill them selves...

Dirty fix as I said earlier. Gonna update later tonight,

Edit: Now updated and Burning Phoenix should work as before. The fire spit might look different, but the old one produces error, so this one will have to do atm. :)

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

after playing for a little bit, we were encountering new zeds from day one. sure was interesting! HOWEVER a couple of notes. 

the one that gives you the chroma debuf wasnt skinned properly. he looked like the yellow shirted zombie with electric hands, but behaved like a spider. also lacked sounds, if he was supposed to have any. 

the gyrocopter zombie is.... wonky as all hell. his hitbox is inconsistent for something so large. also, there is no driver of the vehicle, so itsd just a possesed helicopter attacking us 😛 

other then that we met the drowner, the metal pick guy, and the burner. quite fun! altho, the muddy puker guy seamed to explode into pink untextured giblets without any warning. 

also! a curious question, are there feral and rad versions of these guys planned? just to make them even more monstrous. 😛 

10 hours ago, Colin248 said:

after playing for a little bit, we were encountering new zeds from day one. sure was interesting! HOWEVER a couple of notes. 

the one that gives you the chroma debuf wasnt skinned properly. he looked like the yellow shirted zombie with electric hands, but behaved like a spider. also lacked sounds, if he was supposed to have any. 

the gyrocopter zombie is.... wonky as all hell. his hitbox is inconsistent for something so large. also, there is no driver of the vehicle, so itsd just a possesed helicopter attacking us 😛 

other then that we met the drowner, the metal pick guy, and the burner. quite fun! altho, the muddy puker guy seamed to explode into pink untextured giblets without any warning. 

also! a curious question, are there feral and rad versions of these guys planned? just to make them even more monstrous. 😛 

About the question: I am not sure. They will prob be a bit too hard or just too much zeds. I will think about this though.

18 minutes ago, deadbolt said:

Robeloto,

Thanks a lot for the hard work! Zombies look cool! Unfortunately there are multiple errors on my test server at the moment, I attached player logs here to show you:

output_log__2020-08-24__23-25-02.txt 653.5 kB · 1 download

Thank you guys! I will try to fix this ASAP!

About the Gyrocopter hitbox. The hitbox should be where the engine is.

3 hours ago, TomGun42 said:

So the new A19 XML download fixes the Firebird and diamond bird?

Oh when the shocker zombie fires his bolts and they hit the ground, purple lumps apear

I know. Been busy today, so we will see if I can fix all problems tonight. If not I will try tomorrow!

7 hours ago, deadbolt said:

Robeloto,

Thanks a lot for the hard work! Zombies look cool! Unfortunately there are multiple errors on my test server at the moment, I attached player logs here to show you:

output_log__2020-08-24__23-25-02.txt 653.5 kB · 4 downloads

Everyone needs to have downloaded the mod if it is not the XML version that is hosting.

edit: I hate updates like this, so much gets broken haha. xD

edit2: I have updated the mod now. Fixes on the explosions, so no more purple lumps. MoePuker explosion is fixed. Chroma appearance is yet to be fixed.

Removed the DiamondPhoenix lightning particle as it drains fps and is only annoying ^^

I'd love to add this to my server however i'd like a way to disable their block damage, or at the very least greatly lower it for their projectiles. For example i don't mind their block damage being "normal" with their fist but for shooting fire and explosives i'd like the damage extremely lowered or turned off and purely do player damage. Am i missing something in the xml or is that not a possibility? 

Edit: i somehow completely missed "explosion.blockdamage" i shall edit this now in hopes that solves my problem :) thanks for the fun mod.

Edited by atomicdonut10 (see edit history)

after playing a bit with this mod, im realy liking it! the new zombie types are mixing up gameplay well. 

HOWEVER. certain zombie seam a bit too strong to be appearing right out the door. white noise for example, who can sprint in daylight and blur your vision with that haze effect, is quite lethal from the get go, considering you cant even find proper firearms from day 1 anymore. 

i would recomend bumping up the stage these guys appear at to be a later gamestage. (by guys, i mean the zombies in general you add. finding a fire serpent in the vents of a POI was terrifying, but also took a while to take down, again, due to our lack of gear) doesnt even have to be that high. just so it isnt mercilessly pummeling us from day 1. 

EDIT: there also seams to be a wierd quirk of this mod where zombies home in on players in the night. rather then wondering casualy, they beeline for you. is this intended? 

Edited by Colin248 (see edit history)

On 9/2/2020 at 9:11 AM, atomicdonut10 said:

I'd love to add this to my server however i'd like a way to disable their block damage, or at the very least greatly lower it for their projectiles. For example i don't mind their block damage being "normal" with their fist but for shooting fire and explosives i'd like the damage extremely lowered or turned off and purely do player damage. Am i missing something in the xml or is that not a possibility? 

Edit: i somehow completely missed "explosion.blockdamage" i shall edit this now in hopes that solves my problem :) thanks for the fun mod.

Yes, u can do it like this. In the future maybe this will be scripted through DMT and can turn on/off puke-block damage and/or inactivate some zeds.

21 hours ago, NoX-Deadville said:

Hi

Mod seems very interesting however i would really like to remove some zombies. Is the only way to go into the entitygroups.xml and remove all name related lines to those zombies? Or is there an easier way ?

Thanks!

Br

The easiest way is doing it like you have mentioned. As you see what I wrote to atomicdonut10. I would like to make it easier for you guys. You can write here what zombies you would like to remove and maybe I will do an easier version without these.

20 hours ago, Colin248 said:

after playing a bit with this mod, im realy liking it! the new zombie types are mixing up gameplay well. 

HOWEVER. certain zombie seam a bit too strong to be appearing right out the door. white noise for example, who can sprint in daylight and blur your vision with that haze effect, is quite lethal from the get go, considering you cant even find proper firearms from day 1 anymore. 

i would recomend bumping up the stage these guys appear at to be a later gamestage. (by guys, i mean the zombies in general you add. finding a fire serpent in the vents of a POI was terrifying, but also took a while to take down, again, due to our lack of gear) doesnt even have to be that high. just so it isnt mercilessly pummeling us from day 1. 

EDIT: there also seams to be a wierd quirk of this mod where zombies home in on players in the night. rather then wondering casualy, they beeline for you. is this intended? 

Thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot as I don't have much time to test it atm! I will bump these hard zeds up to higher gamestages. About the zombies homing in on players on the night, are you certain you haven't accidently  turned this on in the serverconfigs?

<property name="EnemyDifficulty"                value="1" /> 

I will try to update the mod before I go to bed tonight.  

Edit: Updated now.

Oh! one more thing, out of all the zeds me and my team have faced off against so far, the copter corpse is the worst. only due to the fact its hitbox is bizare, wierd, and theres no clear way to tell where we are shooting it, or if we even are. 

from the way i can see it, you attached a copter to a vultures body. thus giving it the ability to fly. however, without a proper hitbox, this is just... awefull. this zombie is terrible. X3 ive got no clue if you can make the copter a part of its body? (along with the corpse in the front being a critical weak point) but if you cannot, i would highly recomend disposeing of it. 

out of all of them so far, its the only one i think NONE of us would miss being removed so far. the idea is neat but... its just annoying to fight something you dont even know if your harming it. 

16 hours ago, Colin248 said:

Oh! one more thing, out of all the zeds me and my team have faced off against so far, the copter corpse is the worst. only due to the fact its hitbox is bizare, wierd, and theres no clear way to tell where we are shooting it, or if we even are. 

from the way i can see it, you attached a copter to a vultures body. thus giving it the ability to fly. however, without a proper hitbox, this is just... awefull. this zombie is terrible. X3 ive got no clue if you can make the copter a part of its body? (along with the corpse in the front being a critical weak point) but if you cannot, i would highly recomend disposeing of it. 

out of all of them so far, its the only one i think NONE of us would miss being removed so far. the idea is neat but... its just annoying to fight something you dont even know if your harming it. 

You should aim for the gascan/engine and not the corpse! ;)

Gonna tweak the hitbox a bit to be exactly in the middle of the engine.

edit: Hitbox is now resized. It is quite bigger. Also lowered the HP a bit. The hitbox is on the engine.  You can try this out for yourself in Developer Mode so you know where the hitbox is. Spawn CopterCorpse and then press the key to turn off the zombie AI so he stands still in the air making it easy to shoot it. Aim for the engine.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:31 PM, Robeloto said:

Yes, u can do it like this. In the future maybe this will be scripted through DMT and can turn on/off puke-block damage and/or inactivate some zeds.

The easiest way is doing it like you have mentioned. As you see what I wrote to atomicdonut10. I would like to make it easier for you guys. You can write here what zombies you would like to remove and maybe I will do an easier version without these.

Thanks for the feedback. It helps a lot as I don't have much time to test it atm! I will bump these hard zeds up to higher gamestages. About the zombies homing in on players on the night, are you certain you haven't accidently  turned this on in the serverconfigs?

<property name="EnemyDifficulty"                value="1" /> 

I will try to update the mod before I go to bed tonight.  

Edit: Updated now.

Very kind of you , we would like to use only the below ones if you clould remove the others not on list below. Thanks!

Giant
Gunner
Burning Man
MoePuker
AquaZed
Mummy
Ironman
Anaconda
ChickenDemon
Copter Corpse
Anesthesia

After playtesting further and getting to day 14 horde night and going through the disaster that was, i regret to inform we will be removeing the mod from our play session. its not that we dislike the mod, far from it! the new enemies of all kinds are enjoyable to fight when raiding points of interest. 

however, many of them have a block damage thats absured, comparable to the demolist. one base destroyer type is bad enough, but way too many of your creatures are able to tear anything appart like tissue paper. this is quite a problem, considering we didnt get to meet any of the true boss level enemies that could show up. 

i would recomend keeping the custom zombies out of horde night, it realy ruins the balance with the complete cluster of bizzare and quirky enemys that show up. or at least limit them somehow so only one spawns at a time? not sure if it can be done, but the last two horde nights were missery. 

only other criticism would be towards the haunted skull enemy. its hitbox is a bit too precise. copter corpse seams fine now tho! 

im likely to retry this mod again someday, i realy do enjoy the verity it brings to the table. but as of right now, putting it on hold. was enjoyable whilst it lasted! 

1 hour ago, Colin248 said:

After playtesting further and getting to day 14 horde night and going through the disaster that was, i regret to inform we will be removeing the mod from our play session. its not that we dislike the mod, far from it! the new enemies of all kinds are enjoyable to fight when raiding points of interest. 

however, many of them have a block damage thats absured, comparable to the demolist. one base destroyer type is bad enough, but way too many of your creatures are able to tear anything appart like tissue paper. this is quite a problem, considering we didnt get to meet any of the true boss level enemies that could show up. 

i would recomend keeping the custom zombies out of horde night, it realy ruins the balance with the complete cluster of bizzare and quirky enemys that show up. or at least limit them somehow so only one spawns at a time? not sure if it can be done, but the last two horde nights were missery. 

only other criticism would be towards the haunted skull enemy. its hitbox is a bit too precise. copter corpse seams fine now tho! 

im likely to retry this mod again someday, i realy do enjoy the verity it brings to the table. but as of right now, putting it on hold. was enjoyable whilst it lasted! 

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

Yeah im cording whith that on the ordes was just imposible defend a base afther day 21 the two ideas will resolve the problem, 

Guys, this mod is not for beginners. I made this solely because the original game was way too easy. 😃 But I will consider making a version with low block damage.

SkullBird hitbox is now larger and easier to hit. I will nerf some blockdamage tomorrow, but not too much. Maybe will try to make a version with low blockdamage this week if I am not too busy.

3 minutes ago, Robeloto said:

Guys, this mod is not for beginners. I made this solely because the original game was way too easy. 😃 But I will consider making a version with low block damage.

this is good! i am by no means a beginner to this game, ive played for many, many hours. i enjoy the hell out of it. but with many games, theres always a ballance to try and strike. my main draw to your mod was for the new types to turn general gameplay on its head, and it achived that! from the candy girls debuff, to the invisible vultures that would catch me off guard when simply trying to get through a POI. your mod has great potential. 

but the ballance of it must be taken into account. in the base game, the demolist represents a great threat to any base design, as he can cleave through blocks if there isnt a straight way to his targets. cops can take care of players trying to use, high vantage points, along with vultures to harass and distract them. but everything is in (semi) moderation. 

throwing 8-10 different zeds that can melt blocks pretty dam quickly (looking at YOOOU MUMMY AND IRON WORKER) as well as be as tanky as a rad cop, doesnt give much room for defence in the early game without going to exploit loop builds, something me and my players dont realy want to do. 

this mod has fantastic potential, brilliant potential, freind. and with the gamestage being a valuable tool, as well as other features currently in game, i have no doubt you can make this a dam fine mod. just try to take each enemy you create with a bit more... moderation. il be watching this mod eagerly to see how it shapes up! :D

On 9/6/2020 at 1:04 AM, NoX-Deadville said:

Very kind of you , we would like to use only the below ones if you clould remove the others not on list below. Thanks!

Giant
Gunner
Burning Man
MoePuker
AquaZed
Mummy
Ironman
Anaconda
ChickenDemon
Copter Corpse
Anesthesia

I will try to make a version with those this week. Cannot promise anything though!

1 minute ago, Colin248 said:

this is good! i am by no means a beginner to this game, ive played for many, many hours. i enjoy the hell out of it. but with many games, theres always a ballance to try and strike. my main draw to your mod was for the new types to turn general gameplay on its head, and it achived that! from the candy girls debuff, to the invisible vultures that would catch me off guard when simply trying to get through a POI. your mod has great potential. 

but the ballance of it must be taken into account. in the base game, the demolist represents a great threat to any base design, as he can cleave through blocks if there isnt a straight way to his targets. cops can take care of players trying to use, high vantage points, along with vultures to harass and distract them. but everything is in (semi) moderation. 

throwing 8-10 different zeds that can melt blocks pretty dam quickly (looking at YOOOU MUMMY AND IRON WORKER) as well as be as tanky as a rad cop, doesnt give much room for defence in the early game without going to exploit loop builds, something me and my players dont realy want to do. 

this mod has fantastic potential, brilliant potential, freind. and with the gamestage being a valuable tool, as well as other features currently in game, i have no doubt you can make this a dam fine mod. just try to take each enemy you create with a bit more... moderation. il be watching this mod eagerly to see how it shapes up! :D

I know what you mean, some friends I have is of your opinion. It is hard to please everyone hehe. I actually had a low block damage before in older versions. The thing is it was a pain with having so much different versions of the mod and I had to update them all. But I will try to make one soon. Maybe this week or later. And hope you will enjoy that more! ;)

9 minutes ago, Robeloto said:

I will try to make a version with those this week. Cannot promise anything though!

I know what you mean, some friends I have is of your opinion. It is hard to please everyone hehe. I actually had a low block damage before in older versions. The thing is it was a pain with having so much different versions of the mod and I had to update them all. But I will try to make one soon. Maybe this week or later. And hope you will enjoy that more! ;)

you cant rush art freind. and what you do is very much a creative process like that. 😛 take your time, dont rush it. all im saying is, tone it back a bit with the zeds being good at so many things. X3 or if they are, counter ballance it by making them much rarer a sight. 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:45 AM, Colin248 said:

you cant rush art freind. and what you do is very much a creative process like that. 😛 take your time, dont rush it. all im saying is, tone it back a bit with the zeds being good at so many things. X3 or if they are, counter ballance it by making them much rarer a sight. 

I have updated the mod now with slightly lower block damage. Some are decreased a lot , such as giant, but most are only decreased by 100 to 200 blockdamage. I am going to make another version soon with higher nerfed block damage when I got more time! :)

Theses npcs are sick, give us more please!!

9 hours ago, Robeloto said:

I have updated the mod now with slightly lower block damage. Some are decreased a lot , such as giant, but most are only decreased by 100 to 200 blockdamage. I am going to make another version soon with higher nerfed block damage when I got more time! :)

Theses npcs are sick, give us more please!!