Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

I have updated the AquaZed (water zombie) and removed the hair. Looks much better now. I saw the screamerboss had the original sounds in the entityclasses, so I fixed that.

Ask Sphereii if they can put it on for you as a modlet.

Yes, I did that today :)

That would be much appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

No prob ^^

Guest EmperorDoodles

Hi there, I just installed this mod into my game on Alpha 18.2 and it's fantastic! However, I do need help with an issue I've been having. When I am attacked by any zombie that shoots fire and such, the moment they shoot the fire my console window opens with 2 error lines that read:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's difficult to play with the console window popping up constantly like that. Thank you.

Hi there, I just installed this mod into my game on Alpha 18.2 and it's fantastic! However, I do need help with an issue I've been having. When I am attacked by any zombie that shoots fire and such, the moment they shoot the fire my console window opens with 2 error lines that read:

ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

Parameter name: key

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as it's difficult to play with the console window popping up constantly like that. Thank you.

Hmmm weird. Then we need to pinpoint the problem. Have you tried with only my mod installed in the mods folder with a fresh installed 7 days to die 18.2?

OK, well some explanation on the install would be awesome because its not clear and don't wanna spend a week to figure out how. It looks very exciting and can't wait to try it. Normally its pretty easy to install mods but there is lines that I'm not sure what the hell is it.

Like In Blocks.xml

<configs>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=cntVendingMachine]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=cntVendingMachine2Broken]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=electricfencepost]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

</configs>

Am I supposed to modify something in my file or I just add that to the end of my Blocks.xml (before </blocks>)? same for entityclass.xml.... Looks like things has changed in the past 2 years I didn't mess with files and mods.

I could use some help Please.

OK, well some explanation on the install would be awesome because its not clear and don't wanna spend a week to figure out how. It looks very exciting and can't wait to try it. Normally its pretty easy to install mods but there is lines that I'm not sure what the hell is it.

Like In Blocks.xml

<configs>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=cntVendingMachine]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=cntVendingMachine2Broken]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

<set xpath="/blocks/block[@name=electricfencepost]/property[@name=Buff]/@value">buffShocked2</set>

</configs>

Am I supposed to modify something in my file or I just add that to the end of my Blocks.xml (before </blocks>)? same for entityclass.xml.... Looks like things has changed in the past 2 years I didn't mess with files and mods.

I could use some help Please.

No, you do not have to do anything. Just place my mod in your 7daystodie/mods folder. I removed the original shock sound 'electric_arc_lp', cause it kept looping the shock vomit sound (the particle was bound to electric_arc_lp) from the shocker zombie. So I added new buffs that is directed towards a different shock sound.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

No, you do not have to do anything. Just place my mod in your 7daystodie/mods folder. I removed the original shock sound 'electric_arc_lp', cause it kept looping the shock vomit sound (the particle was bound to electric_arc_lp) from the shocker zombie. So I added new buffs that is directed towards a different shock sound.

Oh wow, that really changed. So, if I created something in the past I can no longer add it to Item.xml or whatever xml it was? Is there a link I can read a bit more about that change for mods?

I didn't have a folder called Mods so I created one at same place where is Data, config, licences... I took all your xml and put it in and the other 2 in the resource folder, so thats it?

Regarding your zombies boss, I'm gonna try it in a few minutes but what about if I don't want them during red moon or wandering horde.... I'd like to have them spawning in town and wasteland and burn biome.

That looks very exciting.

Thanks for answering.

Edit; I don't see any in game

Edited by Petite (see edit history)

Oh wow, that really changed. So, if I created something in the past I can no longer add it to Item.xml or whatever xml it was? Is there a link I can read a bit more about that change for mods?

I didn't have a folder called Mods so I created one at same place where is Data, config, licences... I took all your xml and put it in and the other 2 in the resource folder, so thats it?

Regarding your zombies boss, I'm gonna try it in a few minutes but what about if I don't want them during red moon or wandering horde.... I'd like to have them spawning in town and wasteland and burn biome.

That looks very exciting.

Thanks for answering.

Edit; I don't see any in game

The folder 'mods' should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common\7 Days To Die\

About the other thing. Yes you can remove specific zombies, but you then have to do it manually in the entitygroups.xml.

Also, you won't see many custom zombies before gamestage 100.

The folder 'mods' should be in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\Common\7 Days To Die\

About the other thing. Yes you can remove specific zombies, but you then have to do it manually in the entitygroups.xml.

Also, you won't see many custom zombies before gamestage 100.

Ah, but its for the server so defenitly not go there for the server. Is the players need to have it installed too?

Edit; Got it working.

Edited by Petite (see edit history)

Ah, but its for the server so defenitly not go there for the server. Is the players need to have it installed too?

Edit; Got it working.

Players would need to have the mod installed if you don't use the xml only version. Without the mod installed they won't hear any custom sounds from the zombies.

Robelotos, is it possible to create a zombie (military skin) which throws grenades (xml only)? :D

Yes, I do think so. And I have actually been thinking on that a few weeks ago. Using the vomit class and the meshfile

<property name="Meshfile" value="#Other/Items?Weapons/Ranged/Grenade/GrenadePrefab.prefab"/>
. But I do not know how to make it so the grenade won't explode right away after the impact. I do not think you can set the class
<property name="Class" value="ItemClassTimeBomb"/>
to a zombies handitem. It would probably need some scripting and I have never done that before. I can ask someone with scripting experience how difficult to make this would be.

• 3 weeks later...

Big update!

V 2.5 pushed. new zombies, added localizations.txt, new quests!

In this version there are 4 new enemies. Chroma, Freezer, King and Ironman. Pup (the small dog) is removed and new looks on ChickenDemon, Burningman and DiamondPhoenix (previously named GoldenPhoenix). Added Localizations.txt for buffs etc. Quests are added. Only 2 so far, but more is coming. MummyQuest and GhostQuest.

Love this mod, adds such a challenge and variety. Keep it up.

Thanks for the feedback! I will add in more quests soon. I will try to add in more variety in the quests. As for now it is go to X coordinates and kill these entities and then turn in to trader. I will try to make some custom prefabs with chain quests. If anyone want to help with this, feel free to pm me! :)

Edit: I am also trying to make it possible so that these zombies could be added to the awesome Darkness Falls mod by KhaineGB,as some people have requested. It will be a version that only works with Darkness Falls. It is not on my top priority, but I am on it atleast!

I love this mod, it give a great challenge. Didnt dl the last update with the 3 new zombies yet but I will after I got an answer for this.

1- Bosses are supposed to spawn when players are around game stage 100, right? If I'm correct why they spawn on new players?

2- For some reason the golden bird spawn massively on roof, like a simple prefab with 10 of them, is it normal?

3- Your entitygroup.xml (or any other xml) is it overwriting the original entitygroup.xml of the game or it just or it just add your zombies to the game file?

4- Here is a bit of my log and wondering about the count of zombies if you can help, I had another log showing count of 56. Is it the number of zombies spawning? That would be a lot.

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.585 INF 8993.681 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -803, 38, -1209, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieDarlene, count 20

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.805 INF 8993.9 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -806, 40, -1215, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieJoeRadiated, count 20

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.926 INF 8994.021 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -795, 38, -1217, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieDarlene, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9014.117 INF 8994.215 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -806, 38, -1212, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieArlene, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9014.270 INF 8994.366 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -800, 38, -1224, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieSoldier, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:19 9014.345 INF 8994.442 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -793, 38, -1215, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieJoeFeral, count 22

thanks for your time and that awesome mod.

I love this mod, it give a great challenge. Didnt dl the last update with the 3 new zombies yet but I will after I got an answer for this.

1- Bosses are supposed to spawn when players are around game stage 100, right? If I'm correct why they spawn on new players?

2- For some reason the golden bird spawn massively on roof, like a simple prefab with 10 of them, is it normal?

3- Your entitygroup.xml (or any other xml) is it overwriting the original entitygroup.xml of the game or it just or it just add your zombies to the game file?

4- Here is a bit of my log and wondering about the count of zombies if you can help, I had another log showing count of 56. Is it the number of zombies spawning? That would be a lot.

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.585 INF 8993.681 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -803, 38, -1209, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieDarlene, count 20

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.805 INF 8993.9 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -806, 40, -1215, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieJoeRadiated, count 20

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9013.926 INF 8994.021 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -795, 38, -1217, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieDarlene, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9014.117 INF 8994.215 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -806, 38, -1212, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieArlene, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:18 9014.270 INF 8994.366 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -800, 38, -1224, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieSoldier, count 22

2020-02-26T08:39:19 9014.345 INF 8994.442 SleeperVolume -807, 38, -1229. Spawning at -793, 38, -1215, group 'sleeperHordeStageGS216', class zombieJoeFeral, count 22

thanks for your time and that awesome mod.

I think it is because I have added Phoenix to the vulturegroup. I can remove it from there and update the entitygroups today. Phoenix is not really meant to be a boss. Just a bigger bird, but he is quite the challenge so I will nerf him a bit too.

About the sleepers. I have not made any changes to the spawning or the count of how many will be inside a prefab. There are custom prefabs that are really hard with boss spawning and massive sleeper spawn that people have made. If you used the compopack that is an answer to why there are so many in some prefabs. Or you have some other mod that increase the difficulty and spawning. Stay out of those if you do not want to die. I discovered EDEN custom prefab on one of my first days and it was a mistake to try to loot that lol. But very good loot at the end. =)

I think it is because I have added Phoenix to the vulturegroup. I can remove it from there and update the entitygroups today. Phoenix is not really meant to be a boss. Just a bigger bird, but he is quite the challenge so I will nerf him a bit too.

About the sleepers. I have not made any changes to the spawning or the count of how many will be inside a prefab. There are custom prefabs that are really hard with boss spawning and massive sleeper spawn that people have made. If you used the compopack that is an answer to why there are so many in some prefabs. Or you have some other mod that increase the difficulty and spawning. Stay out of those if you do not want to die. I discovered EDEN custom prefab on one of my first days and it was a mistake to try to loot that lol. But very good loot at the end. =)

Thanks! I use compopack so I will take a look to it.

What about that question

Thanks! I use compopack so I will take a look to it.

What about that question

No, nothing is overwritten. It is just adding! :)

I have added Quest music to my modlets. Check it out and give me some feedback maybe? :)

https://github.com/Robeloto/7D2D_A18.3_Modlets

In items.xml

<item name="[b]meleehandZombieGunner[/b]">
<property name="Extends" value="meleeHandMaster"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<property name="Degradation" value="99999" param1="true"/>
<property class="Action0">
<property name="Range" value="2.1"/>
<property name="DamageEntity" value="18"/>
<property name="DamageBlock" value="10"/>
<property name="Buff" value="buffArmBroken,buffInjuryStunned01"/>
</property>
<property class="Action1"> <!-- UseAction -->
<property name="Class" value="Vomit"/>
[color=#9b59b6][b]<property name="Delay" value="0.5"/> [/b][/color]
<property name="Range" value="200"/>
<property name="Infinite_ammo" value="true"/>
<property name="Magazine_items" value="GunVomitProjectile"/>
<property name="Sound_warning" value="ak47_reload"/>
<property name="Sound_start" value="ak47_fire"/>
<property name="Sound_end" value="ak47_fire_end"/>
<property name="Buff" value="buffInjuryBleedingZombie,buffInjuryStunned0 1"/>
</property>
<effect_group name=[b]"meleehandZombieGunner[/b]" tiered="false">
<passive_effect name="ModSlots" operation="base_set" value="0"/>
<passive_effect name="DamageFalloffRange" operation="base_set" value="50"/>
<passive_effect name="MaxRange" operation="base_set" value="100"/>
[color=#9b59b6][b]<passive_effect name="MagazineSize" operation="base_set" value="20"/>
<passive_effect name="BurstRoundCount" operation="base_set" value="4"/>[/b][/color]
<passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesVertical" operation="base_set" value="3"/>
<passive_effect name="SpreadDegreesHorizontal" operation="base_set" value="5"/>
<passive_effect name="SpreadMultiplierIdle" operation="base_set" value="1"/>
<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value=".45" tags="buffArmBroken"/>
<passive_effect name="BuffProcChance" operation="base_set" value=".25" tags="buffInjuryStunned01"/>
</effect_group>
</item> 

different ways, this one is for the delay between the firerounds

<property name="Delay" value="0.5"/>

or

limit his magazine size, he will stop after 20 shoots (20x4)

<passive_effect name="MagazineSize" operation="base_set" value="20"/>

or this, he fires 4 projectiles at the same time, 1 will result in better performance

<passive_effect name="BurstRoundCount" operation="base_set" value="4"/>

Edited by Slawa (see edit history)

Thanks for explaining it Slawa!

I have made 8 new enemies!

Burning Phoenix - Blazing man skin on the Phoenix, looks very cool

Cloaker - A vulture with the Predator skin

Feral Shocker - Feral version of shocker, also added a different shocker skin

Predator - If you have seen the movie, you will recognize his cloaking ability!

Radiated Creature - Very fast glowing creature, you can't outrun it!

Radiated Fly - Glowing white, Makes more damage and has a bit more HP than normal fly

Stealth Raion - Not sure if I will add this one, but she looks like shadow, except she is a lion

White Noise - Looks a bit like white noise, fast zombie that will give you a certain buff...

Going to update it soon, just some minor things to fix

Edited by Robeloto
typos (see edit history)

How did you do the chroma buff screen effects? I've been wanting to make a mod that does that when you eat something.

This is the screeneffects I've found using UABE. Then you just add one of these under buffs. The one I used for Chroma is

<effect_group>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="2" effect_name="Underwater"/>
<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffRemove" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="0" effect_name="Underwater"/>
</effect_group>

Make sure you capitalize them exactly as they show or else it won't work, for example: FadeToBlack..

se.jpg.7765cb007ffc45d9dd695543a46cfe59.jpg