Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

hey Robeleto, thanks for this awesome mod! game is getting stagnant but thanks to ur mods its fun again.

Just 1 thing, can you teach me how to remove invisible zombies + animals + fly? These are just annoying to deal with without the fun factor.

I can point you in the right direction.

In Robeloto_CustomZombies folder in Mods folder, open up config folder. In config folder there is file named entitygroups.xml. In that file you can just remove the lines with zombies you dont want.
You maybe also need to look into quests.xml and make sure the zombies you deleted is not to find in that file, if it is, just replace them with some other zombies or remove the quest completely, or remove the file quests.xml, you can play without the quest.xml.

If you dont know the names of the zombies, just check pics or vids at first page of this thread.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

22 hours ago, bida2 said:

I wouldn't mind the invisible zombies / animals so much if they uncloaked on attack.

The copter zombie desperately needs a hit box increase, I'm shooting at the engine and 9 times out of 10 that doesnt score a hit.

Its weird. I know I fixed that, but now when I test it again. The hitbox is not properly aligned. I am going to fix this ASAP!

Edit: Now it should be fixed.

Edited by Robeloto (see edit history)

On 9/6/2020 at 1:04 AM, NoX-Deadville said:

Very kind of you , we would like to use only the below ones if you clould remove the others not on list below. Thanks!

Giant
Gunner
Burning Man
MoePuker
AquaZed
Mummy
Ironman
Anaconda
ChickenDemon
Copter Corpse
Anesthesia

This version is now uploaded! :)

I love your mods, finally I fear the enemies again, thank you! Found a bug though, you changed broken bones and splinted broken bones debuff, and since installing your mod i can no longer use splints or casts on broken bones. Also a tiny nitpick, the hitbox from mumie zombies is weirdly big when they are lying on the ground, one trapped me in a tiny room, but i was able to throw him over but still couldnt  jump over him.

Thx for your hard work, you have a good sense on how to design these enemies, like the fact that enemies give audio cues before they launch their heavy attacks.

Edit: iron golem zombie gave me broken arm, and i was able to splint it, but i only see the timer on it when in character screen. The broken leg i wasnt able to cure was because i fell.

Edited by Araxyllis
My info wasnt totally acurat (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Araxyllis said:

I love your mods, finally I fear the enemies again, thank you! Found a bug though, you changed broken bones and splinted broken bones debuff, and since installing your mod i can no longer use splints or casts on broken bones. Also a tiny nitpick, the hitbox from mumie zombies is weirdly big when they are lying on the ground, one trapped me in a tiny room, but i was able to throw him over but still couldnt  jump over him.

Thx for your hard work, you have a good sense on how to design these enemies, like the fact that enemies give audio cues before they launch their heavy attacks.

Edit: iron golem zombie gave me broken arm, and i was able to splint it, but i only see the timer on it when in character screen. The broken leg i wasnt able to cure was because i fell.

Thanks for the info! I will take a look into this!

Edit: The broken arm/leg issue is now solved. The mummy one I will fix later tonight.

Alternate versions of my CustomZombies and NerfthemAll is uploaded now under alternate versions.

10 hours ago, Araxyllis said:

The Hitbox of the skullbird is wrong, he was right in my face, but 95 % of my bullets went right through him, killing him with melee was the only viable solution, which sucks for a flying enemy that deals absurd amound of melee dmg

Fixed :)

On 9/21/2020 at 1:24 PM, Robeloto said:

Fixed :)

I installed the update immediatly because i really love your mod, but the skullbirds still dont work correctly. I have even more and weirder issues with them now. If i get further then 10 meters they always get invisible, i think thats because of my low grafic settings, and the skull grafic is deemed not important enough to be rendered from more than 10ish meters, they will still shoot though. Also the hitbox is absolutly not fixed, I spawned some in a testworld and deactivated their AI to test this. Their hitbox is bellow their head, you may be able to hit them when you shoot from directly below, but from the side you either have to spray like a madman, because if you aim you wont hit anything.

I also tried removing the enemy from my game by deleting all instances of skullbird from entitygroups.xml, but i still found one later, was that because he already was in the game? Is that the way to go to remove certain enemies from your mod? I found your special versions of the mod, but all of them removed zombies I liked, I only disliked the tiny fly, zombiecopter and the skullbird so far, I hope you find a way to make all enemies easily toggleable in a config in the future if not i hope its not rude if i ask for a special version without these 3 enemies myself.

13 hours ago, Araxyllis said:

I installed the update immediatly because i really love your mod, but the skullbirds still dont work correctly. I have even more and weirder issues with them now. If i get further then 10 meters they always get invisible, i think thats because of my low grafic settings, and the skull grafic is deemed not important enough to be rendered from more than 10ish meters, they will still shoot though. Also the hitbox is absolutly not fixed, I spawned some in a testworld and deactivated their AI to test this. Their hitbox is bellow their head, you may be able to hit them when you shoot from directly below, but from the side you either have to spray like a madman, because if you aim you wont hit anything.

I also tried removing the enemy from my game by deleting all instances of skullbird from entitygroups.xml, but i still found one later, was that because he already was in the game? Is that the way to go to remove certain enemies from your mod? I found your special versions of the mod, but all of them removed zombies I liked, I only disliked the tiny fly, zombiecopter and the skullbird so far, I hope you find a way to make all enemies easily toggleable in a config in the future if not i hope its not rude if i ask for a special version without these 3 enemies myself.

I will take a look into this. I may have only tested to shoot him from below. Thanks for the feedback Araxyllis! :) You can ask for a special version. Just go ahead! It is no problem.

Edit: Yes, when they are already in the game, you cannot remove them. I think you need to start a new game.

Edit2: I may have to remove SkullBird completely. I also noticed that SkullBird could not be seen from about 10m~ away. It is the prefab that behaves this way. Have more time tomorrow so I will do what I can to try to fix it, else I will remove him. =/

@Ranger Mod seems to work with the creature pack mods and/a19 (but has issues with  a separate spider mod which I removed). I got an error on the log about the skullbird not being there but it loaded fine (alt version with just the 11zeds). Trying it now on new nitrogen map. Thanks for mod. 

edit (later same day LOL): even with a fresh load (new game) and the new mod (with config overwrite for just 11 zeds) from here: https://7daystodiemods.com/custom-zombies-mod-by-robeloto/

I get an error about Skullbird but it loads, when I invite a friend to game (same mods) they can't load into the game due to this. If I delete the mod from both computers the game loads fine (error is "Exception: Entity with name 'animalskullbird' not found"). FYI

Edited by Dre (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Dre said:

@Ranger Mod seems to work with the creature pack mods and/a19 (but has issues with  a separate spider mod which I removed). I got an error on the log about the skullbird not being there but it loaded fine (alt version with just the 11zeds). Trying it now on new nitrogen map. Thanks for mod. 

edit (later same day LOL): even with a fresh load (new game) and the new mod (with config overwrite for just 11 zeds) from here: https://7daystodiemods.com/custom-zombies-mod-by-robeloto/

I get an error about Skullbird but it loads, when I invite a friend to game (same mods) they can't load into the game due to this. If I delete the mod from both computers the game loads fine (error is "Exception: Entity with name 'animalskullbird' not found"). FYI

Sorry. I did upload all the new files, but somehow the entitygroups.xml for the 11 zed version did not update. So I did it again and now skullbird should be completely removed for that version. It should not even have been in that version in the first place, but I missed one entry and that becomes a problem if the entity is removed. Now it should work. I have not much time atm to test everything out sadly.

On 9/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, LULZ said:

Great mod I love custom zombies. Can you remove all animal zombies from file I just want regular zombies?

I have uploaded the version without animals. Just replace your entitygroups.xml with the no animal version entitygroups.xml.

On 9/26/2020 at 5:10 PM, Robeloto said:

Sorry. I did upload all the new files, but somehow the entitygroups.xml for the 11 zed version did not update. So I did it again and now skullbird should be completely removed for that version. It should not even have been in that version in the first place, but I missed one entry and that becomes a problem if the entity is removed. Now it should work. I have not much time atm to test everything out sadly.

You are a awesome. Thank you. I'll get it pushed out to my players in a bit (2.19gb of mods on a custom 10.2k nitrogen map with the whole 45 combo pack POI. This mod will add a lot to the game. Cheers. 

On 9/29/2020 at 4:42 AM, Dre said:

Which version has the least (or no) screen effects (zombies that cause the screen to blur etc)? OR alt which ones should I delete in xml to get rid of these effects? Thanks. 

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="2" fade="2" effect_name="Distortion"/>

Look in buffs.xml for these lines. Change the intensity to a "0" and it will show no screen effect.

44 minutes ago, Robeloto said:

<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfBuffStart" action="ModifyScreenEffect" intensity="2" fade="2" effect_name="Distortion"/>

Look in buffs.xml for these lines. Change the intensity to a "0" and it will show no screen effect.

My wife says thank you!, made her feel sick or something (she's the die hard 7 days fan and we both play a lot). I'll make the change and get it running. 

FYI for anyone: This mod works fine from what I can see with all the current creature pack mods for a19 with the two mods together (Robeloto super zombies and creature packs for zombies, bandits and critters) you have a TON more variety for zombies/enemies. We paired them with the massive wandering horde mod (60 zombies in hordes) and the never ending bloodmoon mod (along with nitrogen, poi pack and others). Makes for fun days. Best 7 days play though yet (out of over 400 hrs)

I have two questions on this... 

1. if I use the server xml only, I don't need to install anything on clients, correct?

2. how do I comment out specific zombie types (for example, I don't want the flying  nor the invisible ones)

thanks in advance!

On 10/1/2020 at 2:58 AM, dhyde79 said:

I have two questions on this... 

1. if I use the server xml only, I don't need to install anything on clients, correct?

2. how do I comment out specific zombie types (for example, I don't want the flying  nor the invisible ones)

thanks in advance!

Try the alt versions author did edits to remove all invisible (and I think the zed only one has zero flying). 

Outstanding work; donation sent.  I was working on stuff and found you had already done something I was trying. Now I can use this to help make the game more interesting!

However, the giant zombie uses the new biker model and is just a huge biker atm and I'm not hearing noise with white noise...but it gives me alot to work with.

Edited by h0tr0d (see edit history)