Robeloto's A20 modlets

Robeloto

For next update.

Gonna try to make a Zombie from Ultima VII by request.

More new sounds to the zombies.

Burningmans flame vomit on the ground will now hurt you.

Blazingman has now the same vomit as Burningman, but more deadly.

Debuffing Gunner and CopterCorpse to 20 in maximum ammo. Reason: Heavy lag, dunno if it is just me, but I do not wanna chance on that.

Prob some more debuffs

Fixing the alternate entitygroup versions.

+more

If anyone has a request I will maybe implement it into the next version. ^^

I wish to say few things about the CopterCorpse what I found annoying in A19. I played A20 also but not nearly as much because I missed the compopack and I decided to wait until released. If some of this issues fixed since pleas ignore that part of the comment. Our problem was:
- Sometimes it spawned inside buildings.
- Constantly got trough halfway in multiple blocks of flat roofs and managed to attacking us.
- Sometimes found a way to get in and out of buildings.
- Make no sense for a Copter with gun to get close and try to make direct contact like a bird do, as long as the "prey" alive.
- Often at blood moons 6-7 of them got crowded on the roof in one spot. It was not just annoying but very effective to decrease frame rate. The player usually have no time until the end to deal with the situation.

My suggestion is to make it only circle and shoot the player from a distance and newer bring it close. Make it more effective to hit from a distance, then it will be feared. Or even remove it from blood moon spawn altogether.

Thank you very much to create the Ultima VIII Z. I'm really looking forward to see it in game. If you need more sound samples similar to the original I can fish some from the Internet.
The Ice cream man could be another suggestion to create. Maybe not too difficult to stretch out the arms and legs of a spider Z:

https://youtu.be/P5Q7apxWucc

Edited by Rukminesh (see edit history)

17 hours ago, Rukminesh said:

I wish to say few things about the CopterCorpse what I found annoying in A19. I played A20 also but not nearly as much because I missed the compopack and I decided to wait until released. If some of this issues fixed since pleas ignore that part of the comment. Our problem was:
- Sometimes it spawned inside buildings.
- Constantly got trough halfway in multiple blocks of flat roofs and managed to attacking us.
- Sometimes found a way to get in and out of buildings.
- Make no sense for a Copter with gun to get close and try to make direct contact like a bird do, as long as the "prey" alive.
- Often at blood moons 6-7 of them got crowded on the roof in one spot. It was not just annoying but very effective to decrease frame rate. The player usually have no time until the end to deal with the situation.

My suggestion is to make it only circle and shoot the player from a distance and newer bring it close. Make it more effective to hit from a distance, then it will be feared. Or even remove it from blood moon spawn altogether.

Thank you very much to create the Ultima VIII Z. I'm really looking forward to see it in game. If you need more sound samples similar to the original I can fish some from the Internet.
The Ice cream man could be another suggestion to create. Maybe not too difficult to stretch out the arms and legs of a spider Z:

https://youtu.be/P5Q7apxWucc

Yeah, I hear you and I have experiencing the same issue. It is so annoying and even if it is a cool zombie, it is just frustrating.

The first time he annoyed me, that was when I lowered him on all zombiegroups and set him to be more apparent on blood moons or scout hordes. But seems he will get stuck anyway a long the way sometimes. He doesn't fly in mind having a gyrocopter prefab stuck on him, lol.  I might remove him sadly. It is an invisible vulture which hitbox is in the engine. So it will behave like a vulture. Even my bigger vultures sometimes get stuck because they spawn according to their default sizescale.  I can try to make him use a zombietemplate instead of an animaltemplate and then use the class: entityvulture. And instead of using a vulture mesh I can try to use a smaller zombie mesh or something. I will try to fix it and if I can't do it, I might remove him or make entitygroup versions with him removed.

I don't think I change the AI data (how the zombie behave) much just by xml. But I will try. And I am not sure why it is lagging so bad, when fireelf doesn't lag that much when he shoots arrows. I might change the bullets to smaller ones or ones that doesn't slow down the fps.

Yes I will try to make the Ultima VII zed soon. But instead of making a big version. I will do update in smaller ones, so can't promise he will make it in next update. When the version hits 3.0, I want to make some bigger change. And I am already in progress of making a video overview of the zombies, but I think it is better to wait it out until version 3, when I probably have even more new zombies added.

Icecream man sounds cool. I just thought of sweet tooth from twisted metal 2. One of my fav games too. The Spider zombie is a very weird (but cool) one, atleast the new Spider zombie. Which heads seem to rotate in a creepy way sometimes. And in rare cases the head just hang on the back, like someone broke the neck off.

Thanks for the input and suggestions. :)

8 hours ago, DigitalHunter said:

is this server side only ? or do the players need this mod as well ?

The full mod only uses custom sounds.

https://github.com/Robeloto/7D2D_A20_Modlets

Then I have an pure XML-version (server side) that is inside the CustomZombies Alternate versions folder. This is what you want.

Here: https://github.com/Robeloto/7D2D_A20_Modlets/tree/master/CustomZombies Alternate versions

Download here: https://github.com/Robeloto/7D2D_A20_Modlets/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

And thank you! Your post reminded me that I need to write this down in the start thread so people know I have different versions. :)

I think this is a question like: What wallpaper sould I buy? The right answer is: Depend on the room. In this situation, what you want to create.

For me the number 10 is one of the best. That lady look like an old corpse out from a coffin. The other is number 2 with some tweaks, and 33 because it could look like a proper dress.

On 2/21/2022 at 5:10 AM, Rukminesh said:

I think this is a question like: What wallpaper sould I buy? The right answer is: Depend on the room. In this situation, what you want to create.

For me the number 10 is one of the best. That lady look like an old corpse out from a coffin. The other is number 2 with some tweaks, and 33 because it could look like a proper dress.

Thanks for your input! :)

Just did a small update now.

V.2.95 is out.

Most important was that I made Theflyingplague zombie attacks to work better.

Mini has the appearance of zombie number 32 in the picture.

24 in the first image reminds me of the child ghost in PHASMAPHOBIA. also robeloto an idea I had is if you remember the behemoth zombie that Khaine brought back in his behemoth mod wouldn't it be cool if you remade the behemoth with a new color name and sound that fitted better with its huge size?

looking at number 6 in the image which looks like a metal screamer I think that would be a good screamer that spawns all radrobot zombie types when screaming. Also I thought of the idea of different zombie tiers or ranks whatever u prefer to call it. u sort of already did this with the 2 radrobot zombies and the 2 giant types as well as the several phenix types. but have you thought about what other zombies already featured in this mod would look cool with higher and lower tiered versions? similar to how TFP have the zombie tier system that impliments regular ferral and radiated zombies. I also know some of your custom zombies are meant to be at a more BOSS level which I enjoy the most about this mod, but having higher tiered versions of those BOSS zombies can be a good reference to older nostalgic fighting games of all types that feature several bosses that are simply higher ranked versions of each other.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey, I don't know if this is going to be clear because I'm French. I can't install the mod. I put the "7D2D_A20_Modlets-master" folder here 7 Days To Die/Mods, but it doesn't work. I have a server on Nitrado. Do I have to take the folders in the "7D2D_A20_Modlets-master" file and place them manually in "Mods" or do I leave the folder as it is now? sorry i speak very little english.spacer.png

Hi guys great mod, great work, great community! 

So as a fan with no tech skills at I'll I've launched a server but want to tweak the settings.  The video was useful but where do we go to edit the settings of the zombies as in making them higher probability etc?  I want to make them spawn on screamer only and not have them active during other times due to our server difficulty so if you guys can le me know how to

1) Spawn only on screamers

2) edit the probability

3) Actually disable a mod full stop?

That would be greate  

18 hours ago, CanaMwd said:

Do I have to take the folders in the "7D2D_A20_Modlets-master" file and place them manually in "Mods"

yes, you need to pull out each individual "robloto_" folder and place them into the MODs folder.

the one exception is the folder called CustomZombies Alternate versions. there are three mods inside there that does not activate unless you follow the instructions and move those files to the correct places. also, you only use Robeloto_CustomZombies_XML_VERSION if you do not to use Robeloto_CustomZombies. you should not use both at the same time. hope that helps.

On 6/6/2022 at 7:06 PM, ErrorNull said:

yes, you need to pull out each individual "robloto_" folder and place them into the MODs folder.

the one exception is the folder called CustomZombies Alternate versions. there are three mods inside there that does not activate unless you follow the instructions and move those files to the correct places. also, you only use Robeloto_CustomZombies_XML_VERSION if you do not to use Robeloto_CustomZombies. you should not use both at the same time. hope that helps.

Thanks to you for answering.
A last question the Localization.Txt file which is in the folder "7D2D_A20_Modlets-master" I have to place it somewhere?
I can't wait to try this mod it looks awesome!

6 hours ago, CanaMwd said:

the Localization.Txt file which is in the folder "7D2D_A20_Modlets-master" I have to place it somewhere?

i am not sure about that. usually files like the localization.txt and entitygroups.xml should already be inside the folder called CONFIG that is inside each mod folder. not sure why it's outside there. i'm sure there is a reason, that Robeloto will be best to answer.