Attention to stolen work

Mayic

Greetings everyone!

I wanted to bring this to everyones attention, but it seems that the author of "Realism Mod" has stolen my work and imported it into his. I am attempting to contact a few of the asset authors now to see if he got permission from them, as some of them are from Sketchfab and open/royalty free, but I noticed that all of my personal edits, including those done to assets I paid for the rights of, are inside this work.

It appears that my code is also inside his XML files. Funny enough, my poor job at trimming alpha layers in photoshop is what tipped me off, when I saw his Jalapeno plants had the same exact white outline mine had. These files are directly edited on my PC, along with nearly all of them imported into my modlets.

This is the Project here: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/211

I have contacted Nexus, and I do not see it posted up on here, but if this author does not remove this work, and all of my work from his project, I will be taking legal action.

Funny enough, this mod was just brought back online, after the author provided zero xml files, and just a simple .txt file with asset files, and demanded people donate to his patreon for access to the full XML version, offering a "lite" version for trial before purchase.

:distrust:I don't want/need credit, just ask, thats it. Half of these I've paid for, and spent well over 300$ so far on my projects. I do this because THIS is gaming to me now. I can't sit around and mindless smack stones when I can play god. This is what I love to do, and I love making amazing things for everyone to have fun with. Modding is art, and I want people to take my art and make it their own, but directly stealing my work, then charging people for it? ♥♥♥♥ that.

Proof of my Jalapeno edit being the exact same as his:

Better view:

(I have since fixed it in the update, so it's no longer broken like his. First version it was cut out like you see in this video)

Accusation: Cutting corners. Some of his work is original, but ripping my personal edited assets for his mod without permission, some of which are paid for. Didn't ask for permission to use any of the work, didn't source original authors or provide and reference to them (or even a contact me for master list notice with paid/royalty free tag)

Geez, some people...

That sucks you have to go through the hassle involved with it all, I hope it doesn't deter you from continuing with your work! And good luck getting it all sorted!

Oh and thanks for bringing this to our attention, modding is an art form for sure and people should stand up for each other when this nonsense happens.

Geez, some people...

That sucks you have to go through the hassle involved with it all, I hope it doesn't deter you from continuing with your work! And good luck getting it all sorted!

Oh and thanks for bringing this to our attention, modding is an art form for sure and people should stand up for each other when this nonsense happens.

Oh not at all :) It'll happen again, I'm sure of it. It's nothing to lose sleep over or even raise the blood pressure for :p

I just wanted to bring this to the communities attention. The biggest problem I have with it, is now my Farming Modlet and Firearms Modlet won't work with his, since our unity name pathing is the exact same (because he ripped my files). So guess who now has to update the names? ME! :( He can't, since he didn't create them in Unity. He'd have to import them first.

I would also like to note, that on his patreon, he has several "Up and coming" projects that are directly stolen from many of us here. So I don't think he has any plans on stopping his little game anytime soon. Looks like this guy from Turkey might be a thorn in our side for a while.

https://www.patreon.com/ravenwits

3 of 50 patrons

I plan to make;

Travelling/Roaming Traders.

New Zombie Types

New Animal Types like tamable Horses and Cows that gives Milk Buckets!

New item animated weapons

A minimap

Brinewashed Leather Clothes

New Elemental Traps

A raft that you can sail!

Food Spoilage

Chicken Coops

and much more!

Nexus was me :) I've gotten his Paypal and Nexus account both removed. Speaking personally with the admins on Nexus right now, providing them proof.

I'm actually impressed with how fast they handled this issue. Patreon just sent back a generic message that they're looking into it. I'll update that report with Nexus's and Paypals decision to ban him, speed things up a bit.

I feel bad that I have to be so ruthless to this guy, but his responses to me were nothing but pure bull♥♥♥♥. He just lied through his teeth, created a new scene in unity and uploaded my plants with a file rename (No joke, look at this https://img509.yukle.tc/images/7563pepper.png Who the ♥♥♥♥ creates a new scene for every asset? Not to mention those plants are not lined up, at all. You import them into the game like that, and they wont be centered to the blocks). Then tried saying his download (showing January 29th) predated my mod...

It's fun to watch people get caught in a mouse trap. Maybe I'm a little bit of a sociopath for getting enjoyment out watching this one particular person crash and burn, but he fully deserves whats coming to him. Modding is simple, there is a lot you can get away with.... But ♥♥♥♥, did this guy learn nothing from Bethesda like 2 years ago? DO NOT CHARGE MONEY FOR YOUR MODS! You are a piece of human garbage if you do that/consider it an option, and have no purpose in this community. (my opinion on the matter, not so unpopular). You're going to piss someone off, and it's going to backlash right into your face. Stealing work ONTOP of charging for mods? Whew buddy... Just, ♥♥♥♥ing dumb, really really REALLY dumb... There is no way he could of predicted that ending well. (Not to mention, the community in niche, do you honestly expect to profit here if you stick a pricetag on it? If I was scummy like that, I'd be doing FO or something like that)

And all he had to do, was just simply come here, or even contact us on Discord, and I would of gladly of given him permission to use my work (minus the stupid price tag). I buy assets constantly that I don't use and lend out to others, or give them the originals (Jax has all my guns for RH), but jacking them just makes things a far bigger pain for me personally, because now my projects won't work with his (especially when he rips my SCAR XML data line for line).

It's like, ffs, it's not hard to contribute and be a decent person in a community. There is really just two unwritten rules. Don't be a ♥♥♥♥ and jack peoples work without asking, and don't charge people. Thats basically it, and leave the ego at the door, but thats just my personal one, this community tends to adhere to that though, which is amazing.

I mean damn, even I completely ♥♥♥♥ed up super bad when I launched Farming Mod without checking to see what Stasis did. I felt like a ♥♥♥♥, stepping on his toes. But we found a way to make things work, and honestly, now Stasis is probably one of the most talked to people on my discord as far as me sharing ideas and work and throwing concepts off each other. He's an outstanding guy, and I'm glad we met, and handled what could of been an epeen measuring contest, the proper way.

Oohhh I wasn't aware we could rip people's mods off and charge for it. Damn one sec :-P . How's what a horrid person reminds me of the crap Bethesda pulled In fallout 4 many great modders pulled their mods and stopped modding cause numbnuts stole their work and posted it in creative club and selling it as their own.

This annoys me how people can stoop low as trying to claim work as their own. Mayic your mods are awesome and hope this doesn't deter you.

I feel bad that I have to be so ruthless to this guy

No reason to feel bad, He was/is trying to get paid for other peoples hard work, that is just not acceptable. Letting it slide would set a really bad precedence.

I mean damn, even I completely ♥♥♥♥ed up super bad when I launched Farming Mod without checking to see what Stasis did. I felt like a ♥♥♥♥, stepping on his toes

People making similar mods is nothing new, and people usually have a different way of doing things so a bit of variation within the same concept is just nice :) And the fact that the two of you have started working in a way that the mods work together is just awesome, and not something everyone would bother to do. (Most good modders I suppose would, but still).

Just my two-three (maybe 4) cents :)

No reason to feel bad, He was/is trying to get paid for other peoples hard work, that is just not acceptable. Letting it slide would set a really bad precedence.

People making similar mods is nothing new, and people usually have a different way of doing things so a bit of variation within the same concept is just nice :) And the fact that the two of you have started working in a way that the mods work together is just awesome, and not something everyone would bother to do. (Most good modders I suppose would, but still).

Just my two-three (maybe 4) cents :)

I agree ^^

At no stage did you or stasis copy each others work or step on eithers toes.

Big difference between 2 people making similar mods and one person simply copying another's work and claiming it as their own.

As discussion in discord there is only so many ways 2 mods the same can be coded and if It is the same code and you wrote it yourself no issue but the nexus idiot simply copied your own work and published as yours.

Thankyou Quasimiyao :D Honestly, means a lot. That is always my big worry when coming into a new section of the community. I did a lot of amazing work in Rust back in legacy, and I've been holding my guns (literally :p ) for a while now with 7 Days to Die modding. Second I saw modlets and xpath I dove headfirst straight into it for well over a month. Ended up getting injured at work, and had plenty of time to literally spend 14+ hours a day coding :p Can't say I've ever been happier to break 4 bones before haha. I didn't come up for air until after Farming modlet release. I mean heck, I didn't even promote Firearms that much on here I was in such a bubble.

I'm glad I'm taking it a bit slower now. I almost made the same mistake until I saw Sorcery (that mod is so ♥♥♥♥ing awesome, hands down, one of the coolest I've used so far).

And Stallionsden, I give you, and only you, permission to rip and sell my files, if you donate all the money to the craziest most bat♥♥♥♥ organization the community votes for. Lets be pieces of ♥♥♥♥ while being good! No but seriously, that is what triggered me in the first place. I heard about the mod getting taken down for him selling the files, I had no idea he was actually doing that. (The bastard prevented me from dominating the front page of Nexus for 7 Days to Die to :( I really wanted it to be "Mayics Mods Nexus" for a few days hah). Then I hear it went back up today, and wanted to quickly rush over to the comment section to see the dumpster fire of pissed off Russians who downloaded 200mbs of asset files and a giant middle finger in the forum of a .txt file. Then I saw the SCAR and chuckled (its a free asset on Sketch). Then the Jalapenos, with my very very poorly done edits on them. Then his patreon, where he basically had his theft agenda planned out hah.

It's one thing to claim "Hey, I downloaded the same asset as you. Whoops!" which COMPLETELY happens, there is only so many good free ones out there (hence me cracking open the wallet a bit). But damn, to rip someone elses work, then bake a halfassed excuse of why you're a piece of human garbage... Whew, reminds me of my dayjob a little to much hah.

This wont deter me at all though :D But you best damn be sure I'm attaching some type of identifying mark on all my assets from now on. Thankyou ♥♥♥♥ty editing for getting rid of this guy hah.

7563pepper.jpg.0153929e1f6595c19d5e75483dabf87d.jpg

Thankyou Quasimiyao :D Honestly, means a lot. That is always my big worry when coming into a new section of the community. I did a lot of amazing work in Rust back in legacy, and I've been holding my guns (literally :p ) for a while now with 7 Days to Die modding. Second I saw modlets and xpath I dove headfirst straight into it for well over a month. Ended up getting injured at work, and had plenty of time to literally spend 14+ hours a day coding :p Can't say I've ever been happier to break 4 bones before haha. I didn't come up for air until after Farming modlet release. I mean heck, I didn't even promote Firearms that much on here I was in such a bubble.

I'm glad I'm taking it a bit slower now. I almost made the same mistake until I saw Sorcery (that mod is so ♥♥♥♥ing awesome, hands down, one of the coolest I've used so far).

And Stallionsden, I give you, and only you, permission to rip and sell my files, if you donate all the money to the craziest most bat♥♥♥♥ organization the community votes for. Lets be pieces of ♥♥♥♥ while being good! No but seriously, that is what triggered me in the first place. I heard about the mod getting taken down for him selling the files, I had no idea he was actually doing that. (The bastard prevented me from dominating the front page of Nexus for 7 Days to Die to :( I really wanted it to be "Mayics Mods Nexus" for a few days hah). Then I hear it went back up today, and wanted to quickly rush over to the comment section to see the dumpster fire of pissed off Russians who downloaded 200mbs of asset files and a giant middle finger in the forum of a .txt file. Then I saw the SCAR and chuckled (its a free asset on Sketch). Then the Jalapenos, with my very very poorly done edits on them. Then his patreon, where he basically had his theft agenda planned out hah.

It's one thing to claim "Hey, I downloaded the same asset as you. Whoops!" which COMPLETELY happens, there is only so many good free ones out there (hence me cracking open the wallet a bit). But damn, to rip someone elses work, then bake a halfassed excuse of why you're a piece of human garbage... Whew, reminds me of my dayjob a little to much hah.

This wont deter me at all though :D But you best damn be sure I'm attaching some type of identifying mark on all my assets from now on. Thankyou ♥♥♥♥ty editing for getting rid of this guy hah.

<<<<---- quickly creates false organisation (Stallions much needed funds organisation) haha deal lol :-P.

I read alot of it on discord altho had no idea what it was exactly about til i read your post here lol haha .. will keep an eye on it and keep annoying him with nice stolen work and other nice english words lol... Still look forward to all the great work you add to this community and dont let a nut halt your awesome work :-)

it seems that the author of "Realism Mod" has stolen my work and imported it into his.

I had wondered about this when I first saw it come up as a new mod. I watch the new mods like a hawk looking for a mouse. I am autistic and this game has become my latest obsession. A lot of lurking around and reading things is making me aware more and more of who is who and done what. I won't hesitate next time to reach out to clarify when I suspect something like this has taken place. I appreciate the hard work that you have put in and contributed to making my countless hours of play more enjoyable.

Oh not at all :) It'll happen again, I'm sure of it. It's nothing to lose sleep over or even raise the blood pressure for :p

I just wanted to bring this to the communities attention. The biggest problem I have with it, is now my Farming Modlet and Firearms Modlet won't work with his, since our unity name pathing is the exact same (because he ripped my files). So guess who now has to update the names? ME! :( He can't, since he didn't create them in Unity. He'd have to import them first.

I would also like to note, that on his patreon, he has several "Up and coming" projects that are directly stolen from many of us here. So I don't think he has any plans on stopping his little game anytime soon. Looks like this guy from Turkey might be a thorn in our side for a while.

https://www.patreon.com/ravenwits

3 of 50 patrons

I plan to make;

Travelling/Roaming Traders.

New Zombie Types

New Animal Types like tamable Horses and Cows that gives Milk Buckets!

New item animated weapons

A minimap

Brinewashed Leather Clothes

New Elemental Traps

A raft that you can sail!

Food Spoilage

Chicken Coops

and much more!

Wow he even stole my Raven motif

Wow he even stole my Raven motif

"His" ovehaul seem to be a collection of mods from pretty much every established modder in this community.. I downloaded the package and took screenshot of the Nexus mods page while it was still up, so anyone suspecting their work is included there can check even if its not available for download atm. I can send you the pack if you didnt get a chance to confirm that your stuff is in there aswell.

I had wondered about this when I first saw it come up as a new mod. I watch the new mods like a hawk looking for a mouse. I am autistic and this game has become my latest obsession. A lot of lurking around and reading things is making me aware more and more of who is who and done what. I won't hesitate next time to reach out to clarify when I suspect something like this has taken place. I appreciate the hard work that you have put in and contributed to making my countless hours of play more enjoyable.

Thankyou very much for the vigilance, honestly, means a lot, probably not just to me either. Thankyou for that.

I'm glad 7 Days to Die became your latest obsession, this game has so much potential right now it's insane. I'm treating it like Skyrim and GTA in terms of modding with my work. And I'd like to put something in special just for you. You name it, I'll get it done :) Anything at all. For reference

This is what I've been up to ingame since Farming dropped. And I just made 80% of the Eye of Sauron last night ingame, just gotta finish the cats eye slit particle effect and its done https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/332955017159901185/546638517594488833/unknown.png

"His" ovehaul seem to be a collection of mods from pretty much every established modder in this community.. I downloaded the package and took screenshot of the Nexus mods page while it was still up, so anyone suspecting their work is included there can check even if its not available for download atm. I can send you the pack if you didnt get a chance to confirm that your stuff is in there aswell.

Anyone who has their work stolen, contact me in private please. Paypal is most likely going to allow me to claim damages (which for this specific case, I'm ripping this kids throat out). I'd like to forward them everyone elses information as well, so they can divvy whatever 5$'s they find in his paypal lol. Honestly, won't amount to anything at all, lucky to get a $1 out of it, but money is not the issue, its the principal of "if you try this again, and try to profit off of other peoples work, we will hit you where it hurts, legally. You will not scam a dime from this community, so don't even try it. Do honest work" Like I said, I'm going for his throat after my conversation with him on Nexus. He also banned and purged any negative reviews or hints to his mod being paid for, as one of my testers and good friends Blaydon can confirm. Those two right there are the only reason I'm putting even an ounce of effort into ♥♥♥♥ing this kid over. And I say ounce literally, because I've just had a type a few paragraphs, click a few buttons, and thats about it.

i think that first of all his mod is off the forums, here is in my opinion where 99% of the people comes for mods and news, so that has to decrease his chances to keep doing it. and now he has a lot of eyes on him, wont be easy to keep going with "borrowed" assets. the good side of this was to be able to check how strong this community is. keep working, keep doing great stuff everyone, and if something like this happens again just turn on the bat signal again and make it public so we can all get involved to fix it.

That really just sucks! I'd hate to see you have to do all that work. Can you just put a note in the read me and on the modlet page that his mod is not compatible with yours because he stole it from you? That would serve him right.

edit: I see you already have some good ideas about what to do with the little pr**k.

Archived