A17.2 RWG is unusable

Wigbert

Thankfully I have a world from A17.1 that's OK.

It's the first time I have been able to generate a 16K map without crashing.

It took me 2hours 2minutes 9seconds to generate this Worthless Nightmare.

And yes.. of course I spawned in the middle of the ocean. It took me 40 minutes of real time swimming to reach land and see that yes... the RWG previewer did not lie. There are no roads. No cities. ...... Hope they fix this soon.

Capture1.JPG.3316f844f220ad4147ba18b705ee1a67.JPG

Thankfully I have a world from A17.1 that's OK.

It's the first time I have been able to generate a 16K map without crashing.

It took me 2hours 2minutes 9seconds to generate this Worthless Nightmare.

And yes.. of course I spawned in the middle of the ocean. It took me 40 minutes of real time swimming to reach land and see that yes... the RWG previewer did not lie. There are no roads. No cities. ...... Hope they fix this soon.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27578[/ATTACH]

I'm still playing in my 17.1 world. Wow, if all newly-created 17.2 worlds are like this I think that this a MAJOR game-breaking bug that needs to fixed ASAP.

IMHO, the TFP should stop whatever they're working at the moment and patch this immediately. We cannot find issues when the world itself is screwed up.

The Seed thread on steam here along

https://steamcommunity.com/app/251570/discussions/10/1777136225034133218/

Best until now has a 284 KB Prefabs.xml (Thats 30 KB more than the best seed from the other versions before)

And someone wrote his seed generated a 342 KB prefab.xml map, but this needs a check, i guess he made a 16x16 or he was really really really really really really really really lucky

- - - Updated - - -

The problem is the guy who does the RWG algorithm recently described it as "background" project that he puts work into "when and if he has time". I'd quote the thread but it was a couple of weeks ago. It is way down in the priorities list if you take that on face value.

Fataal wrote around a month ago that he has a other game breaking bug as Priority, last statements sound as if he moved on to RWG ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But yes i hope 16x16 will be performant enough to replace 8x8 as default. And then if we get a island please a 16x16 .

With arround 170 Squarekilometers it would be a decent one

maybe HekHarris and Royal Deluxe are from different countries and using a different keyboard-Language-set

maybe the spacebar-key has different ASCII-bindings

just a thought

whatever - this is truely strange

seednames has to give the exactly same results - no matter where and who is seeding

I do like the idea of islands, but I also understand it messes with the whole Arizona thing. Then again, Navezgane can be the Arizona thing... RWG doesn't have to be. I just hope that it would still allow for rivers and small lakes within. I'm seeing a lack thereof.

This is a good way to think of it. It can be thought of a the zombies being a "global" problem and RWG is used to simulated different areas across the world.

Guys (and also girls if there are any here)... i am still waiting for someone to "build" a seperate map like Navezgane, which we all can play... Perhaps looking more like RWG, but specifically designed with 2-3 big cities in mind and a lot of interesting stuff inbetween?

Guys (and also girls if there are any here)... i am still waiting for someone to "build" a seperate map like Navezgane, which we all can play... Perhaps looking more like RWG, but specifically designed with 2-3 big cities in mind and a lot of interesting stuff inbetween?

You mean a map like

D87D9C0440D4BA44D8E3C5A0CBFDADE7AA85CC64

but handmade with details ?

Well thats arround 500-5000 hours of work. Ask 2022 again

You mean a map like

D87D9C0440D4BA44D8E3C5A0CBFDADE7AA85CC64

but handmade with details ?

Well thats arround 500-5000 hours of work. Ask 2022 again

I wouldn't say it would take so long. I think around 50-150 hours at most. First you need a good terrain and then start placing POIs on it. Also, you could pick out them by name, as long as you know their width and length. If most of them have similar sizes, it wouldn't be hard to hand pick them, even thematically.

Archived