Screamer is showing up every 10-15 minutes.....

azmothman

Yep turn off heat is the norm. But i was out mining away from my base and all heat sources with my auger and they kept showing up, didnt realise auger mining attracted them thought it was heat exclusively, was a nice surprise but the novelty wore off lol. Note i was in a big hole not enclosed deep down dont know if that makes a difference but this is a new one for me (A17.0)

"Heat" isn't temperature - it's a reference to how much zombie attention you are generating.

Campfires, forges, torches, cement mixers, sound (augers, chainsaws, guns, tree chopping, etc) and I *think* workbenches and table saws all contribute to increasing this value.

-A

Yeah it seems some algorithm got changed as even with zero heat sources the screamers are extremely frequent. I like the screamers but it's like damn as it restricts what we can do with the influx.

I have even tried setting the serverconfig.xml to the lowest difficulty and the number of Zombies but it seems like wherever we go there are a ton of zombies and screamers.

The frequency is probably a bit over the top to be honest. On day 10 with 2 friends of mine doing random stuff around, with 1 forge running and around 10 torches, we get screamers "constantly", around every 10 minutes i'd say, maybe even more.

It's not that those hordes are difficult to deal with but it feels more like a chore than it does feel like a challenge / event. It should probably be tweaked a bit to either :

- trigger less often with "early game setups"

- trigger less often overall but with added difficulty

I understand the concept of heat and it's quite a good idea actually, but it would be better if it truly was a "uhoh moment" where you have to put aside what you were doing and quickly switch gears to be ready for a big fight, rather than being an endless small stream of annoyance.

Archived