Harvesting with wrench without perk gives too much loot

Hek Harris

Ask Ockham : there is always a simpler reason. Every time I drive a vehicle, I do not take any extra gas. So, from time to time, I disassemble a car to refuel. I could of course throw the rest of the loot ... But I keep it. It's crazy, isn't it?

One word: Trader

Buy ammo for the money

Things I consider to be too scarce on our 4 player server....

Bones (needed to make paper, for Shotgun ammo)

Oil (for repair kits)

Gas (for 4 vehicles running all day)

Lead (for all ammo)

Are you playing with mining disabled or something? How can you be short of gas of all things?

That's what I do with my money (I don't mine for gun powder). And look at the screens I posted : money is never an issue. But thanks to try to help.

^^

Thats why i again consider to add Endgameweapons that you can only buy for really much money.

Like a

* 75 Bullet Ak (what means RPK) for 400 000 Coins

* 10 Bullet Sniper rifle for arround 400 000 Coins too

* Sowhow improved smg (hell i dont write again 400k, lets say somehing in direction of a full equipment of money)

With A17 maybe additional improved vehicles

Or nearly undestroyable blocks

Are you playing with mining disabled or something? How can you be short of gas of all things?

There is a definite shortage of gas in A17. If you are running multiple generators, mine a lot using auger and drive around to explore, you run out pretty fast. There are only so many cars and gas stations to wrench. "Yeah, science" perk lvl 4 (?) talks about advanced fuels, but none seems to be in game yet.

I'm not sure how abundant oil shale is, I'll give it a few more tries. If I can't find sufficient quantities of it, I'll have to add some recipe to make gas out of wood or corn or something.

There is a definite shortage of gas in A17. If you are running multiple generators, mine a lot using auger and drive around to explore, you run out pretty fast. There are only so many cars and gas stations to wrench. "Yeah, science" perk lvl 4 (?) talks about advanced fuels, but none seems to be in game yet.

I'm not sure how abundant oil shale is, I'll give it a few more tries. If I can't find sufficient quantities of it, I'll have to add some recipe to make gas out of wood or corn or something.

I have 4-6 people on my server at almost all times it's live. Day 120+ 2 horde bases, all the vehicles, augers and chainsaws for everyone... 10+ generators going at all times.... multiple chests full of gas and 10k+ oil shale waiting... if you don't have an oil shale mine, you're doing it wrong. Just saying.

EDIT: just go to the desert and dig straight down to the bedrock and pick a direction, it's been that easy to find shale for me and others I've talked to.

EDIT: just go to the desert and dig straight down to the bedrock and pick a direction, it's been that easy to find shale for me and others I've talked to.

Have you any problems with screamer or other zombies while mining at bedrock level ?

Have you any problems with screamer or other zombies while mining at bedrock level ?

Here and there when using the auger, I just use frames to go up and down the mine entrance and replace some frames on my way down. Screamers will try to break them instead of dig to get me and I can just shoot up through the frames to kill them before they scream.

Just for information, I think the "harvesting" ability is wrongly set. Without affecting a single point in this skill, I am drowning in the materials (day 40).

Unless we can reduce this yield by lowering the loot rate?

D6EEB369F5D45869E7540E1E2E56A2436F2AA152

17CA6B8F43912BD4CFEB4162AB695D78B6E10F0A

It is not the wrench that gives too much loot, it is just you that have looted too much.

Not joking. I could fill up a chest with stacks of small rock and claim mining gives too much stone,

but we all (well, most of us) would know i mined much more then i needed.

Like engines ?

Does having extra engines in a chest help you survive better? One motorcycle is all I need.

The key item(s) late game is ammo, ammo and more ammo. I would say most people don't have a lot of ammo unless they both push ammo gathering/production and use melee as much as possible. You spent your spare time wrenching cars instead of building up ammo stocks.

Admittedly I did drool a bit seeing all that oil. :)

It is not the wrench that gives too much loot, it is just you that have looted too much.

Not joking. I could fill up a chest with stacks of small rock and claim mining gives too much stone,

but we all (well, most of us) would know i mined much more then i needed.

100% spot on, I have a chest full of stone... nerf it please. I have a chest full of gas, nerf it please. I have a chest full of "paper"... nerf it please. How about, just a thought, move on to different things to loot when you have enough of that item? For the record, I never have enough, if I have a chest full of engines.... I'll make another chest lmao.

It is super abundant in my experience. It's easier to find a vein because you have to dig in sand not stone. I mined a couple thousand shales in one night with an iron pickaxe and it turns into almost ten times as much fuel - so tens of thousands of fuel in one night.. :)

Does having extra engines in a chest help you survive better? One motorcycle is all I need.

I know. But as I explained in an other post, I disassemble cars essentially for gas. Engines could be sold, but I don't need money. They could be dropped, but I don't like to waste.

The key item(s) late game is ammo, ammo and more ammo. I would say most people don't have a lot of ammo unless they both push ammo gathering/production and use melee as much as possible. You spent your spare time wrenching cars instead of building up ammo stocks.

Nope. And that was the point of my post... Let's say (6 cars / a day) x 40 days : 240 cars. 7 secondes for a car's tier, less than a minute / day.

Admittedly I did drool a bit seeing all that oil.

I use bow and clubs for my fights, shotgun when things go wrong. I buy all my ammos at the traders + the ones I loot. So, I have less need for repair kits, except the 7th days.

Once again, nobody plays the same way ;)

One word: Trader

Buy ammo for the money

Joking? On Navesgane (a map where I know the location of the 5 traders and they are all quite nearby) they have nowhere near enough ammo, so suggesting that traders can supply enough ammo for 4 players on level 5 difficulty is just a cruel joke. I estimate we need 500 Shotgun rounds and 400 AK rounds per player for the average 4-man horde night. Good luck getting that from the traders.

Joking? On Navesgane (a map where I know the location of the 5 traders and they are all quite nearby) they have nowhere near enough ammo, so suggesting that traders can supply enough ammo for 4 players on level 5 difficulty is just a cruel joke. I estimate we need 500 Shotgun rounds and 400 AK rounds per player for the average 4-man horde night. Good luck getting that from the traders.

Wuut you play with 4 people on a unmodded map ^^

So again, I am failing to see what you are reporting as wrong with the perk. It works correctly as far as I can see.

Does modding the xml work if you are playing on a server hosted by others?

He's saying you get too much loot without the perk. Not saying the perk is broke. He wants to nerf wrench loot.

He's saying you get too much loot without the perk. Not saying the perk is broke. He wants to nerf wrench loot.

And he is horribly wrong, just because he spends all day wrenching cars doesn't mean you get to much loot from them. He's complaining about engines? They are RNG based not skill based, so he just got lucky. Has absolutely nothing to do wit hthe wrench itself or the perk.

And he is horribly wrong, just because he spends all day wrenching cars doesn't mean you get to much loot from them. He's complaining about engines? They are RNG based not skill based, so he just got lucky. Has absolutely nothing to do wit hthe wrench itself or the perk.

Regardless, that is what he meant I think. Not that the perk is broke.

Nope. And that was the point of my post... Let's say (6 cars / a day) x 40 days : 240 cars. 7 secondes for a car's tier, less than a minute / day.

Reading before getting angry is not a shame ;)

I know. But as I explained in an other post, I disassemble cars essentially for gas. Engines could be sold, but I don't need money. They could be dropped, but I don't like to waste.

The solution is quite simple. Just carry spare gas around with you or fill up your vehicle before you start.

I am not sure but I think there are not even that much cars on the whole Navezgane map.

That means after 40 days you are left with no cars to to wrench anymore if you play on Navezgane.

I use bow and clubs for my fights, shotgun when things go wrong. I buy all my ammos at the traders + the ones I loot. So, I have less need for repair kits, except the 7th days.

Once again, nobody plays the same way ;)

And I guess you are also not into mining. Using the auger costs a lot of repair kits too.

Ok my friends, no reason to try to guess whatever about my way of playing, that wasn't the point (hopefully, I didn't show my other safes ^^). Don't panic, devs won't modify the "wrench" perks, they know a lot of people are experiencing a hard time with A17. I just wanted to know if my feeling was shared : it's not, so let's move on an other topic and focus on, let's say, the terrible lack of bones in the A17 ;)

Archived