Strafing speed significantly reduced.

Backpedaling removed.

Running while reloading removed.

Stamina greatly reduced.

Ladder movement speed greatly reduced.

Crouching doesn't crouch anymore.

Encumbrance added to slow you down.

Jumping/punching etc cost more stamina.

Stamina is reduced by consumables rather than being a fixed pool.

Not being able to cancel a reload in progress by switching items.

Building/upgrading blocks is significantly slower.

Why are you dead set on slowing down the agility of the player in A17? It feels like the worst FPS I've ever played. It's awful.

Hi Poojam, I don't know what you are expecting to receive as response with this posts.

Since its just a pile of complaints without any context.

So let me give you my pile of reponses :strawberry:

Did not notice

Backpedaling removed.

Have you tried running full speed backwards IRL?

I like this new way.

Have you tried doing a very accurate thing while running once?

Stamina greatly reduced.

It's only reduced for startes, long term is better then before

Yeah, I noticed this too.

Has not been a problem yet so far

That's why they called it "sneaking" and not crouching anymore I guess.

Yup, awesome feature! Perk it up BRO!

Only in the beginning, Perks bro, perks..

I do not understand what you mean exactly

This should be fixed

It feels like the worst FPS I've ever played. It's awful.

It's not meant to be a FPS. So yeah, it could be titled worst FPS you ever played.

Hi Poojam, I don't know what you are expecting to receive as response with this posts.

It feels like the worst FPS I've ever played. It's awful.

It's not meant to be a FPS. So yeah, it could be titled worst FPS you ever played.

FPS stands for First Person Shooter, which is what you are in the game.

First paragraph on the Kickstarter Page says "An open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games. "

You didn't answer why to any of these. I didn't ask for your opinion, or whether you noticed, or whether you liked them or not. I asked why?

FPS stands for First Person Shooter, which is what you are in the game.

First paragraph on the Kickstarter Page says "An open world, voxel-based, sandbox game blending the best elements of FPS, Survival Horror, Tower Defense and Role Playing Games. "

You didn't answer why to any of these. I didn't ask for your opinion, or whether you noticed, or whether you liked them or not. I asked why?

I hope you understand that you can not expect COD or Battlefield gameplay elements from a small company that is working on their first project ever.

Also, I can not answer to WHY since I am not working at TFP so I don't know why they do things.

Why did microsoft never release windows 9?

Some things are just being done.

Enjoy it or stay in the past.

Are you seriously pissed to have gotten a polite response, just because it wasn't the one you expected? Do you really expect a dev to respond?

I'm not pissed. I'm annoyed that iejen seems to think he can respond by saying I posted nothing but complaints, and then he proceeds to tell me his opinion on the validity or his preference of the items I pointed out. I didn't ask for validation or whether anyone liked these things or not. I asked why were they done?

He then wanted to argue about it, and I suggested he go find his own thread to pollute. I see that you're going to post something equally as annoying.

And yes, I do expect a dev to respond. Or someone to link to a post where a dev indicated the motivation regarding changing any of these things. I genuinely want to know.

Backpedaling removed.

Because they were seen as too OP. The game has elements of FPS but is not a FPS like Doom or Serious Sam. It was seen as too arcade-like for the game.

Because there is a perk specifically designed to increase movement speed while reloading. Your base character is not experienced enough to do it well while frantically running.

Stamina greatly reduced.

Stamina is still 100. There was no reduction. You can still max it out at 200 by purchasing Agility. There are other perks that slows the decay rate and increase recovery rate.

Because of an oversight most likely. There was a bug just before experimental that caused ladder climbing to be nearly instantaneous and so the numbers were altered and maybe altered too much. Best to report these things.

Because some players do enjoy inventory management and deciding what they should take and what they should leave behind and now whether the movement is too slow or fine if you can take it all. The first row of encumberance is hardly noticeable. There is also a perk that you can buy to remove those encumbrance slots.

Because they should cost stamina. How much is a balancing issue. I also don't agree that jumping should be louder and able to wake up sleepers than banging down a door. Devs will work through these things.

Because the devs wanted a dynamic pool of Stamina based on fullness.

Because it is not a high priority issue. Report it. Maybe you'll help

Why are you dead set on slowing down the agility of the player in A17? It feels like the worst FPS I've ever played. It's awful.

Because in the words of Drax.. "No, you're a Dude, THAT is a man".

When we start the game we are just an average Joe. By purchasing perks we become stronger, faster, better. A16 had us starting out at too high a level for basic if there were going to be perks that would increase those abilities. So we start off slower than we were used to in A16 but by purchasing the right perks you can feel fast and more agile.

I dunno, I find the perception tree to be mostly useless, the weapon specific perks need more to them. Without a single point in perception and a compound bow with 1 mod in it, and lv 3 in the agiliy sneak attack perk, I can one shot alot of zombies with a sneak attack to the head. Haven't really felt a need to touch perception at all, and it really doesn't offer anything enticing enough to bother with. I got the other 4 stats near max for my current level, but I don't have a single point in perception or any of the perception perks at all.

I dunno, I find the perception tree to be mostly useless, the weapon specific perks need more to them. Without a single point in perception and a compound bow with 1 mod in it, and lv 3 in the agiliy sneak attack perk, I can one shot alot of zombies with a sneak attack to the head. Haven't really felt a need to touch perception at all, and it really doesn't offer anything enticing enough to bother with. I got the other 4 stats near max for my current level, but I don't have a single point in perception or any of the perception perks at all.

Perception's Head shot skill is godly though. I have decapitated quite a few zombies just with an arrow to the head.

I personally like perception as there's really no skill that gives a straight damage buff to ranged weapons.

Also master looter and salvage is there. Good stuff!

Can I draw attention to the STRAFE issue please? I posted on this a week or so ago but it was largely ignored.

In real life, I can take more than 1 sidestep before having to stop, can we have it like that in game please? Nerf the speed if you want, but please dont make me have to repeatedly mash left or right.

Backpedaling removed.

Stamina greatly reduced.

Building/upgrading blocks is significantly slower.

So the zombies have a chance to actually hit you? If they fixed all those things, the z's in A17 would seriously not touch me ever, even Ferals, unless I was stuck in a cupboard or other looting mishap. Out in the open? NO chance. We are playing an FPS with enemies that have no ranged weapons...

I didn't notice a problem with the inability to sprint backwards until in multiplayer. In single player there is no latency and I can surf that range difference without too much trouble. In multiplayer when trying to do the same it seems like I get lag hit every other zombie I try to melee.

So the zombies have a chance to actually hit you? If they fixed all those things, the z's in A17 would seriously not touch me ever, even Ferals, unless I was stuck in a cupboard or other looting mishap. Out in the open? NO chance. We are playing an FPS with enemies that have no ranged weapons...

By your logic, no one ever died to a zombie in previous Alphas. Because every one of those things has been prevalent for the last 5 years. You can always turn your back to them and simply run. But the point is, this is a devastating change for PVP interactions that I don't think can be modded out.

Because they were seen as too OP. The game has elements of FPS but is not a FPS like Doom or Serious Sam. It was seen as too arcade-like for the game.

When we start the game we are just an average Joe. By purchasing perks we become stronger, faster, better. A16 had us starting out at too high a level for basic if there were going to be perks that would increase those abilities. So we start off slower than we were used to in A16 but by purchasing the right perks you can feel fast and more agile.

Strafing is basically what makes any FPS enjoyable. Every modern FPS that is popular (CS, COD, Battlefield, Fortnite, PUBG, Overwatch) allow for proper strafing, because it greatly increases the challenge in targeting/dodging your opponent. Backpedaling is more mixed.

I understand the logic that these things were to slow you down so zombies can reach you, but that was already improved with the new AI and lethality. No need to ding the player twice by putting 270 degrees of their movements in mud. Locking agility related items behind perks is fine, so long as I can mod that out.

I don't think we can mod core functions like ladder speed, strafing speed, backpedaling, cancel on switch while reload though. It would be much better if these movements can stay the same as in A16, and then buff the aggressor to improve lethality of zombies if that's what you want.

Once the zombies are able to attack you from all directions instead of single file line, the faulty logic is going to become much more apparent to all.

By your logic, no one ever died to a zombie in previous Alphas. Because every one of those things has been prevalent for the last 5 years. You can always turn your back to them and simply run. But the point is, this is a devastating change for PVP interactions that I don't think can be modded out.

This game isn't focused on PvP, it is focused on survival and PvE… Do people really not get that?

Backpedaling removed.

I like this new way.

Realism cuts the other way on this one. It's a basic part of fencing footwork to move backwards, and quickly at that. I'm guessing they removed it to make melee more dangerous but that jousting back and forth in and out of range is what you actually do when you have a weapon in your hand in real life.

Realism cuts the other way on this one. It's a basic part of fencing footwork to move backwards, and quickly at that. I'm guessing they removed it to make melee more dangerous but that jousting back and forth in and out of range is what you actually do when you have a weapon in your hand in real life.

Perhaps a perk to allow better backpedaling or better footwork would be useful :D

Strafing is basically what makes any FPS enjoyable.

That is what makes any FPS enjoyable?! Damn. I guess I've been enjoying them for the wrong reasons.

I understand the logic that these things were to slow you down so zombies can reach you, but that was already improved with the new AI and lethality. No need to ding the player twice by putting 270 degrees of their movements in mud. Locking agility related items behind perks is fine, so long as I can mod that out.

Once the zombies are able to attack you from all directions instead of single file line, the faulty logic is going to become much more apparent to all.

If they had left player movement alone, the zombies still would not be lethal. I have zero trouble with the A17 zombies.

Now, if they improve the zombie AI such that they break out of the conga lines, who is to say that they don't then reinstate the player movement from before? Seeing as it's about balance (hence Roland's comment about the player movements being OP), they are likely to bring balance again if the zombie movement is improved.

Oh, you opening another thread with complaints about the game again?

How.. Uncharacteristic of you.

I know right? I get the feeling he really strongly dislikes A17 but I just can't be sure since he is so subtle about it. He needs to just stop holding back and tell us how he really feels.

Perception's Head shot skill is godly though. I have decapitated quite a few zombies just with an arrow to the head.

I personally like perception as there's really no skill that gives a straight damage buff to ranged weapons.

Also master looter and salvage is there. Good stuff!

Yeah, for when you blow your hidden shot (or the hidden shot wasn't enough for the kill) then the extra damage from perception helps, even at low levels it can mean 1 shot less for the kill, which can be a lifesaver at times. Of course the synergy with hidden and headshot is just awesome. Even though the archery perk doesn't increase damage directly, faster draw & aim does translate to more DPS, so I feel it is worthwhile having put points there. As stated salvage is solid, looter - a16 I considered it critical, a17 meh, but it is something.

I've not been using guns a hell of a lot and haven't had a chance to really go into those perks to debate how useful they are/aren't.

Backpedaling removed.

I like this new way.

Have you ever tried finding a 7 Days to Die zombie in real life?

I've never found one. Lets remove them. :p

Running backwards is indeed slower than running forwards (max speed), if anyone is curious, apparently approximately 69.8% of max forward running speed in one study:

https://pages.uoregon.edu/btbates/backward/alan2.htm

Archived