Can someone explain how the weapon/armor modding system works?

Feycat

I dont like the new system because they lauched an unfinished system.

there is so few mods and you need to have a mid/high level to start "enjoying" it.

You there with your stone axe level 3 and say "What im supposed to do with my stone Axe level 3 ? There is no comparison between my level 3 axe and level 1 one"

Same for the wrench, shovel, etc...

I dont like this new system because it's tottaly unfinished

You can find some mods, or craft them with the schematics you find (crafting them is impossible early on).

Lets assume you have a mod, then you select a fitting weapon or tool and click on modify (same place you find the repair button).

This only works on lv2 stuff and above, cause items have an amount of mod slots equal to their level -1, meaning it goes up to 5 slots on lv6 stuff.

The hardest part is to find fitting mods, easier finds are: flashlights (for guns, and i believe helmets), barbed wire for clubs (not bad), and these mods for armor that increses inventory space.

Later on you can find some really usefull mods like the water purifier for helmets etc.

there is so few mods and you need to have a mid/high level to start "enjoying" it.

You there with your stone axe level 3 and say "What im supposed to do with my stone Axe level 3 ? There is no comparison between my level 3 axe and level 1 one"

This is why it is released as "Beta - Experimental" This is the way it should be done, and is really kinda nice

.... in Steam it is real easy to go back to A16 if you prefer. When the time comes to take it off Experimental and release it officially, it is a seamless switchover.

You still have A16.. Play A17 and together with TFP we can hammer out the rough spots.

A17s new system frees you from some of the more repetitive tasks and lets you focus on exploration and zombie extermination.

For instance ... if you have a level 1 stone axe. you are chopping a tree and it gets worn out. Repair it quickly to full usefullness. no need to craft another lower quality one.

In my opinion the old system was a jumbled mess with no logic to it. Being that A17 is in

Experimental means it is still a work in progress. A17 was put out there now because the whining was at a feverish pitch.

Really 7DTD community ... I have never run across a gaming community that complained, and whined more than you.

( I am not talking about you personally @teezer )

When you get the update you have been asking for, and have been watching the progress and knew what was coming ...

you whine and complain louder. --- there is no pleasing you ---

Title. If someone could just walk me through it, I'd appreciate it.

1) Higher quality items have more mod slots and more durability. Quality 2 items have 1 mod slot. Quality 6 items have 5 mod slots.

2) Mods can be found as loot or crafted.

3) Click modify on a quality 2 item to add mods to it. Mods that can be added to the item will have a green gear icon in the upper right hand corner.

4) To craft a mod you need the schematic for the mod and the other ingredients. Schematics are considered

ingredients and are one time use items.

5) Mods have different tiers. You need the appropriate level of the science perk to craft the various tiers. Unfortunately the mods description usually doesn't tell which tier they are.

6) Mods have a lot of rough edges right now. Some items don't have 5 equippable mods. Some mods might not be craftable due to xml issues with the mod, perks, etc.

Has anyone found any mods though? Not talking about schematics (which ARE abundant) but real mods that you can put into weapons, tools and armor? Day 15 and no mods and i've been to a few POIs...

Yeah i've found plenty. A lot of them are in higher end crates, gun store crates, etc.

My main melee weapon last game was a flaming spiked iron club that I had upgraded with 2 mods we found.

• 5 months later...

Well i have a modlet that makes higher level items have better stats just search for a mod like this there are many i found

It'd also be nice if the mods would say on them what they actually do, as a lot of these mods have hidden effects, Like the silencer in a17.2 had a chance to randomly make you do 25% or something less damage, or have 25% less falloff range or something simmlar, and it was a random roll per shot, but its not mentioned anywhere in game you have to look into the xmls to see this stuff.

To this day I still don't see the point to the spike club mod armor shredding thing, I mean it must be a pvp thing cuz other than maybe soldier zombies and utility workers zombies have no armor as far as I know. Almost seems like a pointless mod.

To this day I still don't see the point to the spike club mod armor shredding thing, I mean it must be a pvp thing cuz other than maybe soldier zombies and utility workers zombies have no armor as far as I know. Almost seems like a pointless mod.

You forgot biker and football-player (at least in 17.0). All of them are among the best, strongest zombies of their respective tier.

Archived