Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

That makes sense, thanks.

I did decide to try the VideoPlayers from Alpha17 and got them working, but it seems the wall tv might be replacing the vanilla tv? Is there something I can do to avoid that? Alternatively I could remove the mod for now, since the replacing seems to be affecting performance some.

Anyway, thanks for the really awesome mods! Lets all hope Alpha 19 fixes the sound falloff issue, I really love these mods.

Thank you so much for updating! Time for me to play around with the video stuff again!

For CCTV, would it be possible to at some point see a more downwards angled camera? I'd love to slam one above my doorway to watch the doorway itself. I can of course make-do without too, if not.

Again, thank you for the updates!

Weird!  Running Alpha 19 (b163)

Not sure which version of Salvaged Bats I got... Since I don't see one for A19 now... I thought I had gotten it last week.  BUT! 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
<xml>
    <ModInfo>
        <Name value="Salvaged Bats" />
        <Description value="Salvaged Bats Mod" />
        <Author value="Xyth" />
        <Version value="2.0" />
        <Website value="" />
    </ModInfo>
</xml>

Readme:

A proof of concept, unfinished, modlet that demonstrates how to implement melee weapon modifiers.  New hidef textures and mesh fixes provided by Dust2Death. Those textures were reduced to 1K for compatibility with most PCs. Hopefully other modders will want to make some more attachments for this mod and collaborate to make it a more finished modlet.  
Thanks to DukeW74 for the schematic Icons!

But getting this error:

2020-07-14T09:54:57 33.815 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "Salvaged Bats" did not apply: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='schematicsModsCommon']" 
2020-07-14T09:54:57 33.815 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "Salvaged Bats" did not apply: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='schematicsModsRare']" 
2020-07-14T09:54:57 33.815 WRN XML patch for "loot.xml" from mod "Salvaged Bats" did not apply: <append xpath="/lootcontainers/lootgroup[@name='groupWeaponsT3_PummelPete']" 

I recently pulled that modlet out of the A19 repo as it has a lot of work needed.  In the latest exp it changed the lootgroup names, so thats all broken.  Also the buffs changed on some of the weapon modifiers, and I dont yet have time to fix all that.

On 7/6/2020 at 10:44 PM, MajorMunchy said:

swapped out mp4 named it the same wont play. limit to file size? lol i put the movies the avengers as the mp4..wonder if its too large?

On 7/6/2020 at 11:39 PM, xyth said:

Yeah, a full movie is likely more than unity can load

First, big thanks very much for this mod! This is really great!

Second, you can play a full long movie but you must encode it well! I do this & I don't have any problem to load it:

- 640x400 (16/10)

- x264 (H264 baseline profile level 3.0) 512kbits it's enought for best encode speed/quality because it's not like we really want to see a movie

- aac 128 kbits & must reduce the volume by -50% because in game the video's audio volume it's not scale with the game's audio volume who are very low (I play many other game & my sound volume is set to +/-33% but when I play 7DTD, I must up to +/-66%)

- 23.976 fps

- & the more important thing for a long movie, the option FastStart must be actived, that can be help... I'm not a expert but what I read & understand, it's like a loading of a picture in progressive or not... If we don't set the video to load progressive, the full video will be load in memory who that can explain bug/lag for a long movie...

Third, a little thing to place the TheaterScreen, it's better with this:

<property name="ModelOffset" value="0.5,0.5,0"/>

Fourth, when I active it (any block), all video can be read but I don't know why sometime the picture of the video don't want to show up but the song is here...

Great tips.  Glad you are enjoying the modlet.  I did not research to optimize as you did so its value information for anyone using this.  Yes, in Handbreak (might be called something else in a diff program) check the web optimized box to start faster.

I will check on the last issue, not sure I understand the problem completely but i didn't test this modlet much once I sorted the Unity issues with sound.

For the last issue, sometimes when I active any TV, that's run as well but sometime example, the first & third video have no problem, but the second don't have video picture, the tv screen stay black but the audio of the video is playing. If I active again or sometimes later, that can be the first or the third video who have this problem but not the second... For all block player video from all your mod, is the samething... I try with your all original video & it's the samething...

It's not very important, but can you tell me what's is the ratio video you set? & do a player have a automatic fit zoom?

Example for the Theater Screen, seem like 16:10 but that's doesn't fit entirely the screen, 16:9 too, the screen has 2 black bands...

I will take a look.  Screen ratio?  I doubt i did more than eyeball the ratio to around 16:9 or 10.  These all had a sound bug in A18, so I didnt mess with them since back in early a17.  Likely time to do a update pass on them for a19.

So i checked and on the theaterscreen, the rendering area is 8:4.5 (16.9, wow, i actually bothered to get that right back then)  The black bars are actually not the rendering area but a black backdrop I added behind that which is 8:5 ratio (cant recall why, i think it was to fit the overall screen between blocks)

Edited by xyth (see edit history)