Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

I pushed version 1.21 that adds wroughtiron and wooddowel bars. Same model, but new textures. Let me know if that works for your modlet.

Pushed my new patch to match. But I noticed in testing that the wood bars have 200hp and wroughtiron bars have 8000 hp. I assume the hp of the object is inherited by its material type if it doesn't have a MaxDamage property?

Once I know for sure your update is on Nexus I will put my patch for the upgrade path on there too.

Edited by Drconfused (see edit history)

Pushed my new patch to match. But I noticed in testing that the wood bars have 200hp and wroughtiron bars have 8000 hp. I assume the hp of the object is inherited by its material type if it doesn't have a MaxDamage property?

Once I know for sure your update is on Nexus I will put my patch for the upgrade path on there too.

Nexus has an older version. I test here than push there later if all is stable. Yup, I just used the material damage value. Add whatever xml you think best. I mostly just wanted to provide you the new textures and enough xml to show how to call the new models.

Nexus has an older version. I test here than push there later if all is stable. Yup, I just used the material damage value. Add whatever xml you think best. I mostly just wanted to provide you the new textures and enough xml to show how to call the new models.

Super! It worked wonderfully :) and I appreciate the additions you added. Learning how to call a model from someone else's folder helps a lot for some future ideas or personal preferences without going in and changing their code itself but by making my own patches.

Got the damage figured out and learned more about materials and overriding how much damage it can take with the MaxDamage property.

I can either add into the patch the edits you added in the steelbars 1.21 (WroughtIronBars and WoodDowelBars and the centered variants) or I can let you update the nexus with 1.21 that adds the base forms of each type and my patch just gives it an upgrade path and one extra level for wood, iron, and steel

My current setup

Upgrade Path

WoodDowel -> WoodDowel01 -> WroughtIron -> WroughtIron01 -> SteelBars -> SteelBars01

Downgrade path

Wood Dowel01 -> WoodDowel -> destroy

WroughtIron01 -> WroughtIron -> destroy

SteelBars01 -> SteelBars -> destroy

@Dr, Pushed version 1.3 to my repo with your additions and with a placeholder max damage set on the steel bars. Let me know if its what you want. Might need to dupe and tint the icons for clarity eventually.

Version 1.31 with adjusted values pushes.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Really superb work!

just a Question, are you planning to make the BetterBooks work with loading image files from hdd somewhen?

because I would love to have that ingame "hand book" for descriptions, missions, story line etc. :-)

Hi there .. I really don't want to sound stupid but how on mother earth do you download one of your mods. Clicking on the link it takes you to the page with all the mods/directories. (Git) .. What do I have to do to download? .. Please advice ..

How do I save it as a Zip file? I want to download "Zombie Pinup Posters" in zip format. I don't want to download all of them (A17Mods - Master) because I already downloaded some through Nexus Vortex. .. Thank you kind sir.

I use DownGit

Go to the repository and navigate to page ...... copy link in browser and paste into that page .... https://github.com/7D2D/A17Mods/tree/master/ZombiePinups

You can then click on download on that page and download just the zombie pin ups as a zip.

Hi

Does only the Billboard have the option to play Videos from Urls ?

Do you plan to make Tvs or Theater Screens with Url support too?

Are thinks like Youtube and Twitch etc possible? Iguess only Videos without Captures and such are working?

Greetings

Xelli

Hi

Does only the Billboard have the option to play Videos from Urls ?

Do you plan to make Tvs or Theater Screens with Url support too?

Are thinks like Youtube and Twitch etc possible? Iguess only Videos without Captures and such are working?

Greetings

Xelli

That's the only one I added that to. The problem is the URL has to be hardcoded in Unity onto the model. Might be a way to make that read in by xml but then that would be an sdx mod.

That's the only one I added that to. The problem is the URL has to be hardcoded in Unity onto the model. Might be a way to make that read in by xml but then that would be an sdx mod.

thank you :)

Do the .mp4 Files or Urls only need to be on the server or on the clintes too?

Wanna try to watch a Movie with my friends XD

Thanks. i installed the Modlet Yesterday but sadly we cant use it on the 2. Gaming Pc since it just have 12gb Ram and when i try to log into Server it crashes and the Logfile says the PC runs out of Ram while loading these Mods (Radio, Video Player, Theater Screens and Billboards).

So i had to remove them until we got more Ram for the 2. Gaming PC. On Server and the 1. Gaming Pc there was no Problem.

The issue is the size of the video files. Each of those mods load the same video files as they are just placeholder videos. The intention is that the host will replace those with new .mp4 files. In your case Id start with just one mod, then see if that loads. Then change the .mp4 files to one of your liking. if that works, you might try adding a second mod. Its unlikely all 4 will run on a server at once unless you have lots of memory. One the billboard, try the basic one that doesn't use video.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Xyth! First - amazing mods!! I'm running Ravenhearst and really love the addition of your video players. The issue I'm running in to is with the Theater Screen. I cannot for the life of me get it to play the mp4 I loaded. I've deleted all other videoxx.mp4 files in the Resource folders both on the server and my client and only have the video00.mp4 I loaded (renamed to match the default). However, when I set up a TheaterScreen, it still only plays the three default. I don't even know where it is pulling the files from at this point. Any ideas would be extremely appreciated :).

I don't know if RavenH might change things (it shouldn't) but the Theater Screen is configured in Unity to read files from a fixed directory path, specifically for video00 it is:

file://../Mods/TheaterScreens/Resources/video00.mp4

So if your seeing a video, it has to be coming from that directory.