Xyth's A19 - A17 Modlet Collection

xyth

I doubled the light strength on this initial A18 version. If Its too much I can return it to 1x power like it was in A17. I will wait for other opinion, as I am traveling for a couple of days and wont be able to adjust until then. I dont understand what you mean by low FPS, but I will confirm if that light is causing any FPS drop. I forgot to check but it should not.

Interesting question regarding the junk items mod. Since the junk items are added to an already existing loot table, does adding this mod not really effect your chances of getting an item that is not a junk item, or does the addition of the mod mean that you have a higher chance of rolling junk instead of something useful?

Interesting question regarding the junk items mod. Since the junk items are added to an already existing loot table, does adding this mod not really effect your chances of getting an item that is not a junk item, or does the addition of the mod mean that you have a higher chance of rolling junk instead of something useful?

The junk items are appended to the list so they will lower the drop rate of non junk items. However the drop rate is configurable. Perhaps you know this but the drop rate of any item in a loot group is that items percent chance compared to the total chance of all the items in the loot group. So if you add up all the probabilities in the group and that totals to say 10 and the pisspot junk item is at .1 that equals a 1 in 100 chance of finding a pisspot if the loot container is set to give only one item. If the loot container could give up to 5 items then your chance rises to 5 out of 100.

Awesome, CCTV's working on 18.1b8, even the panning camera's.

For some reason the ground on some camera's is not rendered, it's just empty world space as seen here in red http://prntscr.com/pyr13k

From the player perspective that ground is rendered fine.

Indeed the TV brightness seems to use world lighting so at night time one cannot see anything if the TV does not receive direct lighting from the front via some type of artificial light be it a lamp or flashlight etc.

Mod needs to be updated to use the new resource folder "UIAtlases" for icons etc as currently the icons are blank as they are not found.

Nice work!

Edited by Reytag (see edit history)

Thank you for the salvaged bats:tickled_pink: I'm trying it out in A18 stable. Everything works, except when I try crafting the bats. I can only seem to craft quality 1 bats. I have pummel pete maxed out.

I have the same problem just let me create level 1. They also get level 1 on the T3 rewards. Thank you very much for this amazing Mod.

Awesome, CCTV's working on 18.1b8, even the panning camera's.

For some reason the ground on some camera's is not rendered, it's just empty world space as seen here in red http://prntscr.com/pyr13k

From the player perspective that ground is rendered fine.

Indeed the TV brightness seems to use world lighting so at night time one cannot see anything if the TV does not receive direct lighting from the front via some type of artificial light be it a lamp or flashlight etc.

Mod needs to be updated to use the new resource folder "UIAtlases" for icons etc as currently the icons are blank as they are not found.

Nice work!

The icons were converted but if you loaded a version before the current one the old icon folder might still be in the your mods folder. If so, delete that and it should be fine. I had an old link to the A17 version, so if you downloaded this modlet directly from the repo you probably have the A17 version.

You should disable texture streaming if your using the cameras as the game calculates occlusion based on the player camera and not my cameras so you will get strange culling. I dont see a way to fix this without code.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

The icons were converted but if you loaded a version before the current one the old icon folder might still be in the your mods folder. delete that and it should be fine.

You should disable texture streaming if your using the cameras as the game calculates occlusion based on the player camera and not my cameras so you will get strange culling. I dont see a way to fix this without code.

I see what happened now, the link for your CCTV mod states A18 in the text but actually links to your A17 Github which is where I downloaded the mod, grabbing your A18 version now.

http://prntscr.com/pz5n83

Thanks for the texture streaming tip!

I see what happened now, the link for your CCTV mod states A18 in the text but actually links to your A17 Github which is where I downloaded the mod, grabbing your A18 version now.

http://prntscr.com/pz5n83

Thanks for the texture streaming tip!

Good catch. Links now point to my A18 repo root directory, so you can then go pick the modlet you want.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Longtime lurker, first time poster. For starters, Xyth, thanks for all you do for the community. I love your mods and tutorials. I've messed around with both the posters and flags to put them in as variant helper blocks.

Speaking of Fun With Flags, I was having the same problem as an earlier poster with interacting with newly created ones (meleeing them or picking up) in game. This was with version 2 of your templates. It looks like while your sample Looted flag has a Tag of T_Mesh_B on the polest object, that's been assigned to Tag 0 instead of Tag 2. When I finally redid the tags so T_Mesh_B was on Tag 2, I was able to interact with my new flags in game. Just thought I'd give you a heads up on that.

Thanks again for everything!

Thanks for the heads up. The tutorial projects each have a TagManager.asset file included with the correct tags in the correct spots. If you start a new project, you get a fairly empty tagmanager.asset file included. You would need to then copy the Tagmanager.asset file out of my tutorial project into any new project you start. I'm guessing that somewhere along the line you started a new project and pulled in the flag files into that project, causing the T_Mesh_B tag to get reassigned. I guess the old flagproject might have converted incorrectly for unity2019.1, so I will check that too.

• 3 weeks later...

Not for A18.  The sound roll off effect (gets quieter as you move away) was broken in A18 and i found it annoying.  Hopefully will be fixed in A19 which uses a different version of Unity.