Press <E> To Pick-up Wild Plants modlet!

KhaineGB

Something simple I knocked up quickly to get used to XPath. ;)

This restores the ability to press E to pick up wild plants (like aloe, yucca, cotton, corn, etc) growing out in the world. It does NOT edit plants that the player grows. You still need to punch those in order to collect them.

Simply download the zip file and unzip it nto your 7 Days to Die/Mods folder. Your full path should be <steamdir>\7 Days to Die\Mods\KHPickupPlants

Built and tested on single player, B199 of A17 experimental.

Enjoy. :)

This changes stuff. e.g. what i found was:

Cobblestone recipe is changed to: require 1 lead for 1 cobblestone rock

and furtermore: require 4 clay soil for 1 Flagstone.

Not the mod, but a bug in the game. Validate the game files.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?94918-Alpha-17-Experimental-B199-bug-reporting-thread&p=876370&viewfull=1#post876370

Great mod, only problem I have found is if you farm crops with E then it removes the seed, so you lose it. So unless you can change that somewhere, make sure to punch planted crops.

You shouldn't be able to press E to pick up farmed crops because it's a completely different block to wild plants.

Wild plants are plantedPlant3Harvest and farming ones are plantedPlant3HarvestPlayer.

So as an example, mushrooms go plantedMushroom1, plantedMushroom2 and then plantedMushroom3HarvestPlayer if planted on a farm. The ones out in the wild are just plantedMushroom3Harvest.

You shouldn't be able to press E to pick up farmed crops because it's a completely different block to wild plants.

Wild plants are plantedPlant3Harvest and farming ones are plantedPlant3HarvestPlayer.

So as an example, mushrooms go plantedMushroom1, plantedMushroom2 and then plantedMushroom3HarvestPlayer if planted on a farm. The ones out in the wild are just plantedMushroom3Harvest.

I can pick up crops with e using this mod. It's not the ones I plantedntho the poi type farms found thru out the world. I havent planted my own to test that tho

I can pick up crops with e using this mod. It's not the ones I plantedntho the poi type farms found thru out the world. I havent planted my own to test that tho

That's fine. They used the plantedPlant3Harvest naming scheme.

If you look in the creative menu, it'll actually say plantname (POI) :)

Don`t know what too say, but when I look at my planted crops,when fully grown, it says E to pickup. i`ll do a screenshot when I get it game if I can.

Can`t do a screenshot as i just farmed my crops before logging off. Will have to wait for them to regrow.

Thats because the plants you see in the world extend to the player plant

<block name="plantedPotato3Harvest">
<property name="Extends" value="cropsHarvestableMaster"/>
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_harvestPrefab"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="foodCropPotato" count="1" tag="wildCropsHarvest"/>
</block>

<block name="plantedPotato3HarvestPlayer">
<property name="Extends" value="plantedPotato3Harvest"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="plantedPotato1"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="foodCropPotato" count="1" tag="cropHarvest"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedPotato1"/>
</block>

so Adding "E" to pick up to the first entry actually forces it to extend to the Player version.

Thats because the plants you see in the world extend to the player plant

<block name="plantedPotato3Harvest">
<property name="Extends" value="cropsHarvestableMaster"/>
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="Model" value="Entities/Plants/potato_plant_harvestPrefab"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="foodCropPotato" count="1" tag="wildCropsHarvest"/>
</block>

<block name="plantedPotato3HarvestPlayer">
<property name="Extends" value="plantedPotato3Harvest"/>
<property name="CustomIcon" value="plantedPotato1"/>
<property name="CreativeMode" value="None"/>
<drop event="Harvest" name="foodCropPotato" count="1" tag="cropHarvest"/>
<property name="DowngradeBlock" value="plantedPotato1"/>
</block>

so Adding "E" to pick up to the first entry actually forces it to extend to the Player version.

So pretty much make a copy of the master and make the non player plants refer to it

Okay, I -think- I fixed the issue with like 99% of player crops.

I say that cos I didn't get any XML errors or warnings, so I'm going to assume it's ok until told otherwise. ;)

Mushrooms still have the Press E to harvest even on player grown ones because their 3rd stage is more complex than I realised, so I'll do that later... a nap is very much needed at this point. But if folks could let me know about the other crops, that would be appreciated!

Don't forget you can still punch them regardless to get the benefit of your perk. :)

EDIT: Just updated again with a more comprehensive fix for all player-grown crops.

No errors or warnings on booting the game, so it SHOULD be ok. :)

Also don't forget that you don't get seeds back for punching player crops in A17. It downgrades back to seedling.

Archived