A17 Simple UI Modlets

RevenantWit

Not working for me or my friend. We have added S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers.

Put the 2 files in this location.

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi

I see no new UI to the left. =/

You need to make a Mods folder and copy the modlet to it. To make it work.

Not working for me or my friend. We have added S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers.

Put the 2 files in this location.

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Data\Config\XUi

I see no new UI to the left. =/

All you need to do is extract the Mods folder to your 7 Days To Die installation directory "\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die"

So when finished it would look like

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers

All you need to do is extract the Mods folder to your 7 Days To Die installation directory "\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die"

So when finished it would look like

SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\Mods\S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers

Ah, didn't know the whole folder was needed. I will try to read more before I do anything again. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I made a Mods folder and transfered the zipfiles to the folder, but it's still not showing up in game. I'm pulling my hair out. What am I doing wrong?[ATTACH=CONFIG]27887[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]27888[/ATTACH]

Your screenshot is a little hard to read, even on my 27" display, so going by what you wrote.

You need to UNZIP the .zip files, to extract the folder contents of those files.

For example, if you have a file named test.zip, UNZIPPING that file might either produce one or more FILES in the location you unzipped the original, OR it might produce one of more FOLDERS in the location you unzipped the original... depending upon what the file author assembled.

As far as most modlets go, most modlet authors tend to do one of two things:

1) Opening the .zip file produces a Mods folder, which contains the contents of their modlet(s). In that case, simply move the CONTENTS of their Mods folder into YOUR Mods folder.

OR

2) Opening the .zip file produces a folder (or folders) named after their modlet, NOT contained within a Mods folder. In that case, simply move the CONTENTS folder(s) into YOUR Mods folder.

Hope this helps,

REV6:7-8

I'm not sure why those screenshots are so small. Sorry 'bout that. Anyway, I tried option #1 and it worked. I thought transfering the zipped file was unzipping it in the process. I was wrong. Thanks for your help.

You bet.

• 1 month later...
Hey brother, I love the mods! I have them running on two of my servers. But I do have one issue with the compass. I noticed the number of days corresponding with with a horde night doesn't turn Red. Is there a fix for this?

I have the same issue regarding the horde warning :) Is there a possible fix ?

In the "windows.xml" for the Compass SimpleUI

Find...

<label depth="2" name="TextContent" pos="153,-66" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{daytitle}: {day|always}  {timetitle}: {time|always}" height="30" effect="outline" upper_case="true" />

Replace with...

<label depth="2" name="TextContent" pos="153,-66" font_size="28" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{daytitle}: [{daycolor|always}]{day|always}[-] {timetitle}: {time|always}" height="30" effect="outline" upper_case="true" />

Simple UI Compass has been updated. The day will now turn red on horde night.

Just use the same download link in the op for the updated version.

Thank you very much!

- - - Updated - - -

In the "windows.xml" for the Compass SimpleUI

Find...

<label depth="2" name="TextContent" pos="153,-66" font_size="28" color="[white]" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{daytitle}: {day|always}  {timetitle}: {time|always}" height="30" effect="outline" upper_case="true" />

Replace with...

<label depth="2" name="TextContent" pos="153,-66" font_size="28" justify="center" pivot="center" text="{daytitle}: [{daycolor|always}]{day|always}[-] {timetitle}: {time|always}" height="30" effect="outline" upper_case="true" />

Sorry didn't mean to exclude for the help also, Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I had a request for Steadman, actually 2...

1. Could you make an all in one modlet that has all of these in 1 modlet?

2. Could you make the forge, workbench, tablesaw, and chemistry station have 9 output slots like your mod did in Alpha 16?

I had a request for Steadman, actually 2...

1. Could you make an all in one modlet that has all of these in 1 modlet?

2. Could you make the forge, workbench, tablesaw, and chemistry station have 9 output slots like your mod did in Alpha 16?

1. No sorry I would have to make several different all in ones and it's more than I'd like to keep up with.

2. Again sorry but that's a no it would require a dll edit to work without a dupe bug and I'm trying to avoid that

@All sorry if I'm slow to respond these days I haven't played this game in quite awhile and not sure when I'll return to it. However for now I will try to continue to keep these modlets up to date

Archived