A17 Simple UI Modlets

RevenantWit

I decide to follow your suggestion and install your mod S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack60 and the S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers to avoid any conflict. However when a critical buff kicks in the 'Icon' do not blink as it should be, is there a way to fix that?

Cheers,

Simply put no.

@all please people don't ask a question then bump the thread cause you didn't get an answer soon enough. I will answer a question in my own time if I feel an answer is really needed. I do not check this post very often anymore so it may take a bit sometimes. I do not even play this game anymore nor currently have any interest in it any longer. The only reason the mods were even updated is because there were so many that use it and I thought it would be nice. If I start feeling pressured about these mods though I will be more likely to just discontinue them as I have no interest in this game what so ever anymore. Just please remember I do these for free in my own time and now for no other reason than I know people like them.

Cheers,

stedman420

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I use the "S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers" modlet, my character preview in inventory and the equipment screen appears to be very bright and the colors are washed out. I removed the code in the xml for the button to the right of the water bar, the one to toggle the food and water display, and the character preview is restored to normal. I'm not sure what's causing this on my system and I'm fine using the modlet with my changes, I just wanted to give you a heads up. :02.47-tranquillity:

"Simple UI Vehicle Storage" work on A18?

I'm running the following SimpleUI modlets together/concurrently just fine on Alpha 18.1 b8 Stable:

• Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage

• Compass

• Crafting Queue

• Forge Input

• Left HUD Buff Timers

• Toolbelt

• Vehicle Storage

Hope this helps, and cheers!

REV6:7-8

I'm running the following SimpleUI modlets together/concurrently just fine on Alpha 18.1 b8 Stable:

• Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage

• Compass

• Crafting Queue

• Forge Input

• Left HUD Buff Timers

• Toolbelt

• Vehicle Storage

Hope this helps, and cheers!

Thanks @rev678 ! Much appreciated

Thanks @rev678 ! Much appreciated

You bet.

UPDATE

I'm now running the above-mentioned SimpleUI modlets together/concurrently just fine on Alpha 18.2 b5 Stable.

SUGGESTION

When in doubt about whether or not modlets will run on a given version, give them a try... by creating a NEW GAME so you don't risk pooching an existing saved game.

Unlike manually editing XML files (pre-Alpha 17), "fixing" a suspect modlet can be as easy as removing it from your Mods folder and restarting the game, or as hard as you make it for yourself should you choose to dig deeper.

Cheers,

I've installed into my Mods folder, log shows it's been loaded, yet joining a server the UI looks vanilla. Do these not work unless installed on server or should it work if installed client side too?

When joining any 7DTD server, only those specific modlets installed on that specific server will actually function... regardless of which additional modlets (beyond what that specific server has installed) you may or may not have installed on your own 7DTD client.

This "restriction" is not specific to the SimpleUI modlets.

Hope this clarifies,

I'm using the same set as rev678 18.2b5 both on the server and client.

Works fine.

If you put on the server, it pushes them to the clients who connect, they don't need them installed,

and it will not affect their local games. (which is good)

If you only have it local, they don't work (some) when connecting to a server that has no mods.

These ones work just fine so far. (love em!) And yes, I can fill up even the 120 slot bags. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone PLZ tell me the difference between a Mod & a Modlet? Would appreciate it.

People often use the terms interchangeably, but they really do mean two different things.

IN THE CONTEXT OF 7 DAYS TO DIE...

MODS usually DIRECTLY add to, change, or remove things from the BASE install of the 7DTD game system, often by directly replacing existing XML files with mod-specific versions. Mods often radically change the game from its original format, and often aren't compatible with each other. Most of the complete-overhaul packages for 7DTD (such as War of the Walkers, Ravenhurst, etc) are or at least started out as MODS.

MODLETS usually INDIRECTLY add to, change, or remove things from the EFFECTIVE install of the 7DTD game system, typically by adding additional XML files that QUALIFY how the base install works. These days, most non-complete-overhaul packages available for 7DTD are actually MODLETS (like my own ADMIN SKILL POINTS) or MODLET PACKAGES (like my own REALITY CHECK), as modlet programming is significantly easier than mod programming.

The most important things to know about the differences between MODS and MODLETS are:

1. MODS often directly change your base 7DTD game install files, in their existing locations.

2. MODLETS are stored in a separate /Mods subdirectory.

3. MODS are not as easily removed or replaced out, short of reinstalling your 7DTD game (or choosing the repair options in Steam).

4. MODLETS can be easily removed by (re)moving them out of the /Mods subdirectory.

5. Both MODS and MODLETS may or may not "play nice" with other MODS and/or MODLETS, so your mileage may vary.

Hope this clarifies, and Happy New Year!

People often use the terms interchangeably, but they really do mean two different things.

IN THE CONTEXT OF 7 DAYS TO DIE...

MODS usually DIRECTLY add to, change, or remove things from the BASE install of the 7DTD game system, often by directly replacing existing XML files with mod-specific versions. Mods often radically change the game from its original format, and often aren't compatible with each other. Most of the complete-overhaul packages for 7DTD (such as War of the Walkers, Ravenhurst, etc) are or at least started out as MODS.

MODLETS usually INDIRECTLY add to, change, or remove things from the EFFECTIVE install of the 7DTD game system, typically by adding additional XML files that QUALIFY how the base install works. These days, most non-complete-overhaul packages available for 7DTD are actually MODLETS (like my own ADMIN SKILL POINTS) or MODLET PACKAGES (like my own REALITY CHECK), as modlet programming is significantly easier than mod programming.

The most important things to know about the differences between MODS and MODLETS are:

1. MODS often directly change your base 7DTD game install files, in their existing locations.

2. MODLETS are stored in a separate /Mods subdirectory.

3. MODS are not as easily removed or replaced out, short of reinstalling your 7DTD game (or choosing the repair options in Steam).

4. MODLETS can be easily removed by (re)moving them out of the /Mods subdirectory.

5. Both MODS and MODLETS may or may not "play nice" with other MODS and/or MODLETS, so your mileage may vary.

Hope this clarifies, and Happy New Year!

Thank you for the breakdown of the two. I appreciate that.

So I just want to clear this up. So with modlets, players that join my server will not need to download these modlets like they would a mod? I'm used to just adding mods and then starting the server up and calling it a day. One of my friends said that modlets would be better to use.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to make it as easy as I can for NEW players to get on my server WITHOUT having to download all types of ♥♥♥♥ lol...

Thank you for the breakdown of the two. I appreciate that.

You bet.

So I just want to clear this up. So with modlets, players that join my server will not need to download these modlets like they would a mod?

Players joining your server, running whatever modlet(s) you have installed on it, will not need to download and install those modlets for themselves.

Pre-Alpha 17, when most 7DTD modding was done using mods, often times players had to manually insert code into XML files and/or replace existing XML files from the base install.

With Alpha 17 forward, modlets make life so much easier for both players and server admins.

Hope this helps,

Can they be installed on Mac?

These modlets are my humble attempt at yet another UI mod.

These modlets will work with Alpha 17.4 and most work with A18 as well.

These modlets add some extra HUD bars and info to the UI as well as rework the toolbelt and make a few other changes.

Simple UI 4 Digit Craft

• Makes it so you can enter a 4 digit number when crafting.

Simple UI 4 Digit Craft v1.0 A17 only. This is no longer needed in A18

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60

• Increases backpack size to 60 slots

• Not compatible with Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120

• Not compatible with Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60 v1.1 A17 version

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60 v1.2 A18 version

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120

• Increases backpack size to 120 slots

• Not compatible with Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60

• Not compatible with Simple UI Player Built Storage

• Requires a 16:9 resolution or better

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 v1.1 A17 version

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 v1.2 A18 version

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage

• Increases backpack size to 120 slots

• Increases player built storage to 143 slots

• Not compatible with Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60

• Not compatible with Simple UI Player Built Storage

• Requires a new save to avoid errors with old containers

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage v1.1 A17 version

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage v1.2 A18 version

Simple UI Compass

• Two indicators were added to the top and bottom of the compass to show which way you're facing.

• Outside temp, and Elevation added to the right of day and time under the compass.

Simple UI Compass v1.1

Simple UI Crafting Queue

• Increases crafting queue from 4 spaces to 5 spaces.

Simple UI Crafting Queue v1.0

Simple UI Forge Input

• Increases forge input from 2 spaces to 3 spaces.

Simple UI Forge Input v1.0

Simple UI Left HUD

• Food and Water bars added to the bottom left HUD. (below health)

• Feels like temp added to the bottom left HUD. (above stamina)

• Has a toggle to the right of the water bar to toggle the food and water display

• Not compatible with any other left hud modlet

Simple UI Left HUD v1.6

Simple UI Left HUD Buff Timers

• Feels like temp added to the bottom left HUD. (above stamina)

• Buffs with timers added.

• Has a toggle to the right of the water bar to toggle the food and water display

• Not compatible with any other Left HUD modlet

Simple UI Left HUD Buff Timers v1.6

Simple UI Left HUD No Temp

Simple UI Left HUD No Temp v1.6

Simple UI Left HUD No Temp Buff Timers

• Buffs with timers added.

Simple UI Left HUD No Temp Buff Timers v1.6

Simple UI Player Built Storage

• Increases player built storage to 140 slots

• Requires a new save to avoid errors with old containers

Simple UI Player Built Storage v1.0

Simple UI Toolbelt

• Enlarged toolbelt slots.

• Toolbelt slots now have key numbers in top left corner.

• Toolbelt holding color is now green.

• Player level with icon added to the top left of the toolbelt.

• Player deaths with icon added to the bottom left of the toolbelt.

• Zombie kill counter with icon added to the top right of the toolbelt.

• PVP kill counter with icon added to the bottom right of the toolbelt.

Simple UI Toolbelt v1.0 A17 version

Simple UI Toolbelt v1.2 A18 version

Simple UI Vehicle Storage

• Increases all vehicle's storage to 90 slots

• Requires a 16:9, 16:10, or better resolution (unless used with Simple UI Bigger Backpack 60)

• You will not see the increased vehicle storage size until picking up your vehicle and placing it back down.

Simple UI Vehicle Storage v1.0

Installation

• Download the zip files of your choice and extract the Mods folder to your 7 Days To Die installation directory "\steamapps\common\7 Days To Die"

Notes

May not be compatible with other UI modlets.

Nexusmods Link

Nexusmods

Github Link

Github

Screenshots

RMsjcWh.png

eLs9E4a.png

BIG PROPS THANKS AND CREDITS

Big props, thanks, and credit go to the following.

• Russiandood - For the great screenshots

• Red Eagle LXIX - For the example on how to put a toggle on the hud

Hello, first of all congratulations for the work you did, second works in the new version A18? And finally you can install the mod of HUD-LEFT and HUD-COMPASS on MacOs ?, If this is how your mods are installed on Mac?

second works in the new version A18? And finally you can install the mod of HUD-LEFT and HUD-COMPASS on MacOs ?, If this is how your mods are installed on Mac?

I'm personally using the following Simple UI modlets (in addition to 18 of my own)...

• S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage
  • S420_SimpleUI-Compass
  • S420_SimpleUI-CraftingQueue
  • S420_SimpleUI-ForgeInput
  • S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers
  • S420_SimpleUI-Toolbelt
  • S420_SimpleUI-VehicleStorage

... under 7DTD version Alpha 18.2 (b5) Stable ...

... on the following system ...

• MacPro 4.1 from early-Spring 2009
  • Mac OS X El Capitan
  • 32GB 1066MHz DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 3GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 GPU

... without any issues related to the modlets themselves.

My system performs poorly overall because it's almost eleven years old, not because of a few lines of XML code. But I can still push around 30FPS on all the lowest in-game video settings.

If your Mac is anything newer and/or more powerful than mine, you'll be just fine.

When in doubt about whether or not modlets work on your particular system, give them a try!

You can't really "hurt" anything on your computer by installing modlets (unless you color WAY outside the lines during the installation process), as you can simply remove the "suspect" modlet folder from your /Mods folder should it cause any issues.

Hope this helps,

Help REV6:7-8

I'm personally using the following Simple UI modlets (in addition to 18 of my own)...

• S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage
  • S420_SimpleUI-Compass
  • S420_SimpleUI-CraftingQueue
  • S420_SimpleUI-ForgeInput
  • S420_SimpleUI-LeftHUD-BuffTimers
  • S420_SimpleUI-Toolbelt
  • S420_SimpleUI-VehicleStorage

... under 7DTD version Alpha 18.2 (b5) Stable ...

... on the following system ...

• MacPro 4.1 from early-Spring 2009
  • Mac OS X El Capitan
  • 32GB 1066MHz DDR3 ECC RAM
  • 3GB Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 GPU

... without any issues related to the modlets themselves.

My system performs poorly overall because it's almost eleven years old, not because of a few lines of XML code. But I can still push around 30FPS on all the lowest in-game video settings.

If your Mac is anything newer and/or more powerful than mine, you'll be just fine.

When in doubt about whether or not modlets work on your particular system, give them a try!

You can't really "hurt" anything on your computer by installing modlets (unless you color WAY outside the lines during the installation process), as you can simply remove the "suspect" modlet folder from your /Mods folder should it cause any issues.

Hope this helps,

Thank you very much for the information, well I bought the game because I love it I have it very recently and I would like to enter the world of mods and as you well know Mac is very particular for those things when it comes to games. I want to install 2 mods, the LEFT-HUD and https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?127758-Backpack-Buttons-A18!-(Stash-All-Stash-Stack-Stash-Stack-Smart) to have more information on my screen that I think it is necessary to have it in sight and the other one to be able to order more easily my inventory and the chests that I find to be quite useful, but as a priority the LEFT-HUD, apologize for breaking down so long I will go to the point, it would help me so much to get into the world of modlets in "7 days to die", I would appreciate if you would teach me to install mods for the game.

Benjamin "Sir.King" Inostroza

postscript: sorry for my English so bad but I am occupying the Google translator since my native language is Spanish

I would appreciate if you would teach me to install mods for the game.

I will teach you how to install one of the modlets, on Mac OS, in 14 easy steps that take longer to type out than to actually do.

Afterwards, you can use that same method to install any of the others for yourself.

[ Windows users... the process is very similar, but you'll have to adjust my instructions as necessary! ]

1. Go back to the very first post in this thread, to identify which modlet or modlets you would like to install. For this example, I will pick:

Simple UI Bigger Backpack 120 + Player Built Storage (A18 version)

2. Download the appropriate file, to your Desktop is a good location. So I downloaded a file named:

S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage.zip

3. Use whatever UNZIP utility you have on your Mac (I use The Unarchiver) to extract the Mods folder from the ZIP file.

4. In some cases, modlet ZIP files may not contain an actual Mods folder, but instead contain a folder or even multiple folders named specifically for the modlets. In those cases, go to step 6.

5. Open the Mods folder on your Desktop, looking for subfolders within it. Those subfolders are the actual modlet folders. In my example, I have a subfolder called:

S420_SimpleUI-BiggerBackpack120-PlayerBuiltStorage

6. Run the 7dLauncher tool.

7. Select the Tools tab.

8. Click the Open game folder button.

9. Look in the Finder window that opens for a folder named Mods.

10. If you see a Mods folder, go to step 12.

11. If you do not see a Mods folder, right-click any empty space in the Finder window and select New Folder to create a Mods folder.

12. Open the Mods folder.

13. Drag (move) the CONTENTS of the Mods folder that you extracted to your Desktop into this Mods folder. Or whatever modlet folder(s) you have on your Desktop if unzipping the file did not make a Mods folder.

14. You have now successfully installed a modlet. Launch 7DTD and start a NEW GAME to test it (in case the modlet is not compatible with your existing saved games, for some reason).

Removing modlets is simply a matter of moving the modlet-specific subfolder out of the 7DTD game installation's Mods folder (see steps 6 through 12 above).

Hope this helps,

Archived