SMX - Modlet Center [A17]

Sirillion

I feel that I owe the SMX users an apology. I promised an update and I failed to deliver.

As I am writing this I am sitting at an airport since I am now leaving for work again and those that know me know that that means I am off grid for two weeks.

An update for SMX will come but between coming home sick from my last work rotation and spending the better half of the first week off being sick and other pressing real life issues my time to spend on this project was cut to less than one week.

The reason why the SMX update takes more time than just updating in accordance with TFP changes and throwing a new version out there is that I have been remaking the main menu modlet and moving the in game menu from SMXhud to SMXmenu.

• 4 weeks later...

Dear @Sirillion

I just installed the SMX menu. For me the menu works fine. The in game menu (Escape menu) has an Invite Friends button. I tried inviting my friend to my game. (Game had a password) but it did not bring up the pop up menu for inviting friends. I even erased my password from my game and the same thing happened. Just wanted you to know.

Thank you and your wonderful team for creating this awesome game

Dear @Sirillion

I just installed the SMX menu. For me the menu works fine. The in game menu (Escape menu) has an Invite Friends button. I tried inviting my friend to my game. (Game had a password) but it did not bring up the pop up menu for inviting friends. I even erased my password from my game and the same thing happened. Just wanted you to know.

Thank you and your wonderful team for creating this awesome game

Hi,

There is no team...there is just me :)

SMX is simply a "re-skin" of the game. The function of the button is not touched in the mod as that is all down to what is going on in the dll and my guess is that code ain't done yet if it ain't working.

One could argue that I should remove the button if it isn't doing anything but I wouldn't do that as I am simply changing the way the game looks and not how it functions. One day that code will work and when it does SMX will be ready for it.

EDIT: I did a quick test on that button just now, and the button works as expected. It opens up the Steam overlay and lists the friends that can be invited. Are you sure your game is set up correctly and not set as Private?

And there just might be a new version out this evening for all the SMX modlets, I will be doing some testing on them this afternoon and if all goes well the SMX portfolio will be refreshed today.

SMX has been updated to A17.2B27.

This time the first version of SMXmenu has been released. So for those that use SMX, this means you will have to remove SMXmainmenu as that one is no longer in use but will cause issues if allowed to remain on your systems.

Please delete all prior versions of SMX modlets before updating to the newer versions as a lot of framework changes has been made in this release.

Currently ONLY available on Nexusmods...I kinda ran out of time this morning :p ... Mirrors will be up this evening.

Enjoy.

YwuwmBS.jpg

yrV2yPA.png

Those that updated the modlets upon release yesterday does not need to do an update again as there are no file updates, this message is simply to inform that all the links in the OP and that the github mirrors are now working.

The modlauncher support has been updated.

The road ahead.

I am currently doing some more work on SMXhud. I've added some new vehicle health and fuel bars to better fit the theme of SMX. I've also taken a pass at some of the icons as can be seen on the screenshots lower left corner.

I will soon start work on the party window to update the health bars for the team members to better fit the theme. This will probably be done today.

There will be no new update for SMX until those things have been done. The modlets that will be affected and will need a new download when this happens is: SMXhud, SMXhudIcons and SMXhudStats.

OofIpvN.jpg

That said, those are the updates to the currently available modlets.

Now to the new stuff coming ...

SMXhudMDK, as promised, this is a Death/Kill counter on the HUD for those that wish to play with that information shown at all times.

SMXui, the total conversion modlet, is currently not being worked on until this pass on the modlet updates have been finished. Work on that modlet will resume soon but I do not foresee a release until A18 at the earliest. When it comes to progress on that modlet I would say we are about 30% into the workload. The info panels and inventory (with the BBM addon) have had their first pass and the framework for those is near complete. Next in line will be the character information panels and the crafting screen(player).

Awesome job Sirillion, by far my favourite UI mod and I use it all the time.

On behalf of the community I wish you well in your endeavours to complete the updates.

:tickled_pink::smile-new::tickled_pink:

Thank you, I am glad to hear that you enjoy the SMX experience.

There is a lot of work to be done yet before SMX becomes what I have envisioned...I did say I wanted to get a version out with the vehicle and party frames fixed but there has been a development that have had me removed from the project for a wee while and as such the party frames were never really started/tested.

If time allows I will release an update to SMXhud with the new vehicle frames come sunday, but I make no promises.

And I leave again for my two week work rotation come monday, so I don't expect much work to be done during those weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I downloaded your mods because I saw the new cool skill screen, it took me a very long time until I figured out it's a part of SMXui which isn't available yet. Well, it is and is not, since a youtuber was using it, but I can't find any source I could download it from. When do you think it will be available for everyone?

Hi, yes Games4Kickz has been using it a bit for testing purposes. He helps me from time to time with testing the new stuff. He and a few content modders that integrate SMX into their mods are the only ones that has their hands on it at the moment.

It will be released for everyone when it is done. Most likely after A18 has been released.

Any updates for the A17.3 Stable Release?

Did A17.3 stable bring any changes to the affected files? As far as I know A17.3 experimental didn’t. If there are no changes then the mods can be used as is.

If an update is required I am probably not gonna me able to do that for a while as I am at work now. Will see if I can find some time but no promises.

Did A17.3 stable bring any changes to the affected files? As far as I know A17.3 experimental didn’t. If there are no changes then the mods can be used as is.

If an update is required I am probably not gonna me able to do that for a while as I am at work now. Will see if I can find some time but no promises.

I believe their was some changes as I did find some with comparing files. Unfortunately something did change, I believe as I am getting a constant spam of Nul Refs, and it appears to be coming from the quests window for some reason

I believe their was some changes as I did find some with comparing files. Unfortunately something did change, I believe as I am getting a constant spam of Nul Refs, and it appears to be coming from the quests window for some reason

SMX doesn’t affect the quest window yet, only the quest tracker.

I will see if I can find time to look at it.

ya so it is for sure the windowQuestTracker. I switched it back to vanilla and it works with no errors. Trying to see what they would have changed in 17.3 that would cause mine to break. But no luck so far...

Did you have a go at 17.3 experimental and if so, did it work there?

Archived