SMX - Modlet Center [A17]

Sirillion

Don't know if this has been pointed out but I noticed that when I'm on a bike, the level icon on the upper left disappears. Not sure if it happens with any vehicle since I've not reached those yet.

Hi, yes I am aware of that issue. I know what is causing it but haven't really prioritized smaller fixes through the holidays and with me working on the new SMXui modlet time has been somewhat lacking :)

- - - Updated - - -

Just watched Games4Kickz vid from 12/31. Can't wait for that UI modlet. Looks awesome. Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you, his is just a very early test version which I have released to a select group of testers that are all trying to break it for me. The public release is still gonna take some time :)

But keep checking with Kickz's channel as I will give him versions as soon as I finish new stuff and then I get to check on the comments on what people like/dislike about it and can take steps to rectify if any :)

Good afternoon, I added your stamina and encumbrance modlet yesterday, I already have another mod that increases bag space to 60 slots... when I used a steroid my encumbrance went from the last 1.5 rows of the bag to all rows but the first 2. Once the steroid effect dropped it went back to the last 1.5 rows... Is this a conflict between mods or?

Good afternoon, I added your stamina and encumbrance modlet yesterday, I already have another mod that increases bag space to 60 slots... when I used a steroid my encumbrance went from the last 1.5 rows of the bag to all rows but the first 2. Once the steroid effect dropped it went back to the last 1.5 rows... Is this a conflict between mods or?

Hi, no this is no exactly a conflict. The SMXxEnc modlet is designed for use with the vanilla backpack. If used with a bbm it will not remove all slots as per design and as such you will need to edit the files and set the bagsize equal to the bbm size.

But the problem is that your bbm is not changing the effect value from the steroid buff which also set the value of the carry capacity.

The same goes for the god buff from god mode, it will also set a value for the bagsize.

Is this something new for A17?

Yes, this is the new xpath modding system the pimps introduced with A17.

I always pack up my modlets with the Mods\modname\Modinfo.xml hierarchy so it should be as easy as to decompress and drop the Mods folder into the 7DTD installation folder and it should work.

I put all modlet with my modpack (replace the othet UI mod) my game is freeze when open my box. Delete you mod, install the other UI, works again. Your mod is not working, just only new map? Not replace other UI and backpack mod?

Hi, sorry to see you are having issues.

The SMX modlets does not require a new map. Also, no SMX modlets affects looting or boxes with exception of the BBM modlet which increases the lootcontainer for the player dropped backpack on death.

I do not think your issues are caused by SMX, but might be caused by what you remove as there might be items in the box you are trying to open that no longer exists when the other modlets were removed.

Can the SMXhudBBM be changed too 200 slots?

I guess it can but if there is already other modlets out there that are 200 slot those can also be used.

When SMXui gets released the SMXhudBBM will be discontinued and SMXuiBBM will be introduced. Then no other BBM will be compatible. SMXuiBBM will be 72 slots at first.

Been a fan of your sirmods since a13 and as always works great, looks great is great thx :)

Thank you, I am glad you like it.

And some information to all who enjoy and use SMX. I am currently at work, and will be so for another 12 days, so I’ve decided not to update anything for A17.1 as it is on the experimental branch. Should it go stable during my stay here I will reconsider.

Also, the work I’ve put into SMXui so far have been released to a few select testers which are all hammering away at it, finding bugs and giving feedback. If anyone is interested in what it looks like and how it plays you should head over to YouTube and Games4Kickz and see as he has played with it for the last few videos.

can you fix this for the new update? when i use it, it shows like 100 food/thirst but getting food/thirst warning and need to eat/drink maybe from them making it so you can get 150% full

I am sorry but i have no plans for updating for the experimental version. Normally I would but I am currently at work at my time to dedicate to this is very limited. If it hits stable while I am still here I will reconsider.

I will be back home on the 23rd and then, if it is still in experimental I will push an update.

Will you be updating it now that 17.1 is release as stable?

I will, when I get back home from my two weeks at work tomorrow I will first have some family time and cuddles with the wife, kids and dog ... and maybe the cat but she’s kind of a ♥♥♥♥ so we’ll see. Then, I will get started on the new update and will probably have a release ready on Thursday.

To those waiting for an update. I am currently fighting for my life against the infamous MANFLU! Sitting by the computer is just to painful at the moment so there will not be an update until I recover.

In the meantime I will be playing catch-up with some of my tv shows and suggestions for new ones or good movies are welcome :)

Sirillion,

Brother GREAT job as always with the constant status updates, etc. And the work on the new UI is very clean already !

Is it possible to emulate that SirMod look and feel (no client side downloads required) by simply cloning the XML updates from the Alpha 16.x Mod files, and merging them with xpath into the A17 Xui ?

I really wish TFP would consider offering a couple of UI options in the interface, The base is just bland. And the fact you can't "optionally" enable Hunger and Thirst with an applet in-game is just a head scratcher.

Sirillion,

Brother GREAT job as always with the constant status updates, etc. And the work on the new UI is very clean already !

Is it possible to emulate that SirMod look and feel (no client side downloads required) by simply cloning the XML updates from the Alpha 16.x Mod files, and merging them with xpath into the A17 Xui ?

I really wish TFP would consider offering a couple of UI options in the interface, The base is just bland. And the fact you can't "optionally" enable Hunger and Thirst with an applet in-game is just a head scratcher.

Hi, and thank you. I am glad you enjoy the SMX experience I am trying to create.

It is possible to recreate the SIRMOD look in A17 but not by just cloning the A16 xml into A17. The way the bars work have changed since then so it would take a small rewrite to function. That being said it is totally doable and I encourage anyone that want to do it to go right a head and make that happen. I, however, will not remake any of the old designs for A17.

I too wish there were more options for the UI than the ones TFP have in their game at this point. I can understand that they do not want hunger and thirst bars in their vision for the game...it is their game after all, but I am somewhat baffled that they fail to recognize that a large portion of their player base do want to have said bars available. Just look at SMX with more than 140.000 downloads, that gotta count for something, and that is just one of the hud/ui mods that are available.

Archived