Can we talk about the elephant in the room?

Colerain

Even when you play on super-hard, vanilla servers...zero mods, max difficulty.....even always run zeds...

Basically you win the game when you max the "quality Joe" perk. It's raining purple loot even before the third rank!

Quality Joe is the Op'est of OP. Needs fixin'...

Well the Elephant's days are numbered. Here are some A17 differences that change the formula:

There is no Quality Joe Perk. It's gone.

And even if it were still present...

Quality only affects durability and mod slots. A purple quality shotgun does the same amount of damage as a brown quality shotgun. A purple quality pickaxe is just as destructive as a brown quality pickaxe. If you never find a mod attachment for your tool or weapon then it really won't matter much whether you find purple gear vs brown gear other than the fact that the purple stuff will last longer.

The elephant is dead. Long live the elephant.

@Roland, isn't a purple pickaxe faster than a brown one?

I don't believe so. Damage, speed, spread, reach, harvest count, etc. All of these attributes can be added to gear via attachments. A purple pickaxe has six open slots so it could be faster, do greater damage, harvest more ore with every swing, and even add back stamina whereas a brown pickaxe would only be able to do one of those things.

I don't believe so. Damage, speed, spread, reach, harvest count, etc. All of these attributes can be added to gear via attachments. A purple pickaxe has six open slots so it could be faster, do greater damage, harvest more ore with every swing, and even add back stamina whereas a brown pickaxe would only be able to do one of those things.

Is there still item degradation? And if yes, how do those upgrades degrade.

If they dont degrade, is there any need to find more upgrades, once the player has them?

That could be interesting... however maybe for a gun it makes sense to have 6 attatchments... but for a pickaxe? what kind of attachments can a pickaxe have? Maybe a head and a handle, that's about it

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, check out my cool pickaxe! It has reflex sight, laser pointer, silencer and grenade launcher ;)

Is there still item degradation? And if yes, how do those upgrades degrade.

If they dont degrade, is there any need to find more upgrades, once the player has them?

Roland’s mention that “purple stuff will last longer” would mean there is still item degradation. I would guess mods wear out, too, the way gun parts do now, but that’s speculation.

Even when you play on super-hard, vanilla servers...zero mods, max difficulty.....even always run zeds...

Basically you win the game when you max the "quality Joe" perk. It's raining purple loot even before the third rank!

Quality Joe is the Op'est of OP. Needs fixin'...

I have better idea - zombies must be immortal, killing zombies win game. So please make zombies immortal. Fix it please!

Or no, building defences ruin the game, totally ruin, you win the game completely when you build defended base! Zombies must clip through wall like ghosts, obviously, and immortal of course! Need immeadiatelly and undisputed fixin' !

And vehicles ruin game enough, instead dangerous travels you just have comfortable journey! Damn! You win this game when you got vehicle! Fix it ! We no need new vehicles and remove that minibike-ruiner-of-game please!

Archived