When will A17 experimental be released 3?

Roland

When will A17 experimental be released 3?  

318 members have voted

1. 1. When will A17 experimental be released 3?

• Monday September 3
    • Monday September 10
    • Monday September 17
    • Monday September 24
    • Monday October 1
    • Monday October 8
    • Monday October 15
    • Monday October 22
    • Monday October 29

And if my entire post had been in capslock, your statement might have merit. It was not. I used the caps to emphasize the portions of my statement that I wished to emphasize. As is common, and you know it. You also knew why the caps were used, you simply chose to respond with the most baseline (and invalid) treatment of the situation. Perhaps I could have bolded, or italicized, or any other form of creating visual emphasis, but I didn't. Deal.

Handwaving away the entirety of the statement because you wanna be unnecessarily pedantic is juvenile. And typically, you're better than that.

Well. Given that the quick-n-dirty summary of your post was that people shouldn't whine or shouldn't be asinine juvinile, do you think that using capslock in such a way as that you appear to be shouting might be seen as.. hypocritical?

- - - Updated - - -

What does EA early access have to do with 7 days to die. Early access is not the same as alpha for 7 days to die if that's where you're trying to take it if not i dont know if your comment is just a random one. Even so you're comparing EA millions of employees to get a update through to 7 days devs of what 15-20.

And 6000 players for this time a day which is 10am is great. Many people are at work or at school. if u look on steamcharts they have avg 6000 players a day since 2014 so yea the game isnt dying. They aren't growing but definitely not dying.

With EA i meant early access, which I've written in my post as well, IIRC. 6000 players worldwide, so it's an average xsection of the world.

Well. Given that the quick-n-dirty summary of your post was that people shouldn't whine or shouldn't be asinine juvinile, do you think that using capslock in such a way as that you appear to be shouting might be seen as.. hypocritical?

No. I never stated that people shouldn't whine, or be asinine or juvenile (though I do believe that they shouldn't). I said that the use of Stockholm Syndrome to describe the people who defend TFP fell into the category, and was completely erroneous.

And if you think that the "quick-n-dirty" summary of that entire statement was "don't whine or be asinine or juvenile," then you didn't really read it. The "quick-n-dirty" summary of that statement was "Don't use actual psychological trauma to try and describe, rebut, or dismiss internet arguments, especially when the trauma you're referencing does not apply."

So, no. There's no hypocrisy there. Too much passion, maybe. But not hypocrisy.

Well.. if quantity is directly linked to quality, the new airport in Berlin is going to be the best in the world..

It depends on the subject of course. The subject here being game development. A certain amount of time spent on a product does not equal a certain amount of quality. If quality if quantifiable at all..

Well, to be honest, it probably will be the best airport in the world. It is, I assume, being built by Germans. A people known for there engineering prowess. Let's face it, it can't be any worse than Tegel.

Anyhoo, you can't seriously believe that A17 will be worse because they spent more time on it... can you?

Well, to be honest, it probably will be the best airport in the world. It is, I assume, being built by Germans. A people known for there engineering prowess. Let's face it, it can't be any worse than Tegel.

Anyhoo, you can't seriously believe that A17 will be worse because they spent more time on it... can you?

No, of course not. A17 will not be worse because they spent more time on it. However, I'm not sure spending more time on it automatically makes it bettter. Yes, it could. But it's not automatic.

Hehe, well.. Engineering prowess it not what I usually experience when I'm cruising down the Autobahn ^^

Not to be argumentative (Well, maybe a little), 5,500 players globally out of well over 2.5 million copies sold is pretty dead by most people's definition.

By most people's definition "dead" has a finality in it that I don't expect to survive (pun intented) when A17 releases.

Germans are famous for engineering prowess AND bureocracy (sorry for the use of capital letters). I'm sure it will be the safest airport in case of fire, after all the revisions needed for that. :smile-new:

It is known that by using capslock one's argument increases in validity. It is known.

Good things takes time. Yep. Bad things as well. There is no correlation between quality and quantity.

First, caps is the only way to emphasize certain words in a conversation that is text on a forum. Used sparingly they help get your meaning across by emphasizing the words you would in a normal conversation.

Second, there is no correlation between quality and quantity? Uh...ok. Of course, the discussion is about time not quantity. And there is DEFINITELY a correlation between quality and time invested.

No, of course not. A17 will not be worse because they spent more time on it. However, I'm not sure spending more time on it automatically makes it bettter. Yes, it could. But it's not automatic.

Hehe, well.. Engineering prowess it not what I usually experience when I'm cruising down the Autobahn ^^

Really? No speed limits and some of the best cars on the planet!? Must be a blast! :smile-new:

I really do think A17 is going to be great with all the "under the hood" adjustments that have been made as well as the new textures, vehicles, skill trees etc. And I've only been playing since A15. I can't imagine what an improvement it will be to the guys and gals that have been playing since A1!

Peace

First, caps is the only way to emphasize certain words in a conversation that is text on a forum. Used sparingly they help get your meaning across by emphasizing the words you would in a normal conversation.

Second, there is no correlation between quality and quantity? Uh...ok. Of course, the discussion is about time not quantity. And there is DEFINITELY a correlation between quality and time invested.

Not true, I used italics in my earlier post :tickled_pink:

Well.. if quantity is directly linked to quality, the new airport in Berlin is going to be the best in the world..

It depends on the subject of course. The subject here being game development. A certain amount of time spent on a product does not equal a certain amount of quality. If quality if quantifiable at all..

You changed from "correlation" to "equal"? You do know those are not synonyms, right? Or, did you just realize how silly an argument that time invested and quality have no correlation actually is so you decided to change to an entirely different word as a cover?

Games are supposed to be fun!! Why does it have to turn into arguments all the time?

Can't we have debate without resorting to this?

*hugs*

No, because a true keyboard warrior, regardless of which side of the argument they fall, will NEVER miss the chance to have the last word. :smile-new:

Note: You can always use italics AND capitals!

All this banter and counterbanter is cracking me up, especially from RoNald.

To all the impatient and bored players out there, my suggestion is to relax and make some silly fairytales instead:

Long-time lurker, big fan of the game. Excited for the new changes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGZ0i3qb2Oc

- - - Updated - - -

I believe The Forest is full release though, it's gone gold somewhat recently so.. I think it's more available. I myself am playing it right now.. since it's finished to experience all the new things in it. Though it'll only last 200 hours or so..

So basically, this incomplete Alpha is less dead than a fully released game.

All this banter and counterbanter is cracking me up, especially from RoNald.

To all the impatient and bored players out there, my suggestion is to relax and make some silly fairytales instead:

Long-time lurker, big fan of the game. Excited for the new changes.

That is really good!

You changed from "correlation" to "equal"? You do know those are not synonyms, right? Or, did you just realize how silly an argument that time invested and quality have no correlation actually is so you decided to change to an entirely different word as a cover?

Well. If there was a supportive correlation between the two parameters, an increase in the input parameter would equal an increase in the output one.. not that these increases are equal.

So basically, this incomplete Alpha is less dead than a fully released game.

On the contrary, alpha 16.4b8 is quite complete.

As for what to call a game that's been at the same alpha for over a year, but not dead...well, a zombie, of course! When you all heard that TFP were making a zombie game, you thought it was a game with zombies IN it, didn't you? Joke's on you! The game itself IS the zombie.

...and I'm still playing, so up that count by 1.

Well. If there was a supportive correlation between the two parameters, an increase in the input parameter would equal an increase in the output one.. not that these increases are equal.

Isn't correlation a statistics term? So you can't just use one counter-example and prove it is wrong.

Or did you mean correlation as in the Priesthood Correlation Program (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correlation_(disambiguation)) ? :cocksure:

We're not there yet? Well, we better pull over soon, I have to go to the bathroom. :uncomfortableness:

Current version is quite playable and a lot of fun. (hence the almost 1100 hrs since I got it this year)

So it's taking longer than anticipated to get A17 out. Not unheard of for software.

You do NOT want to do a recall on something released (been there, done that).

'nother cheese truck is on the way of course.

I do hope us peons/minions get our grubby mitts on A17 before the end of the month though.

Hope. Not demand, request, beg, whine, complain.

(ok, maaayyybeee, a bit of wheedling)

:clock:

Archived