[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

I'm avoiding posting there for the moment to avoid confusion. Might make an explanation post Sylen can sticky. But I would still note bugs, still fill it with what you find, when they find a new publisher they'll have a fair bit to go on then. Without anyone to log them now, the Bug reports section is going to be the next best thing, and could be a good pool of info for future development.

I'm avoiding posting there for the moment to avoid confusion. Might make an explanation post Sylen can sticky. But I would still note bugs, still fill it with what you find, when they find a new publisher they'll have a fair bit to go on then. Without anyone to log them now, the Bug reports section is going to be the next best thing, and could be a good pool of info for future development.

Good advice Clare, thanks! I didn't have any bugs to report, was just curious.

I was holding off playing 7dtd until the update dropped but with our situation, who knows whats gonna happen now. Might have to pop the ol disc back in & get to some zombie slayin!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Console allows 2-player local split screen or 4 player MP online. That fits your needs exactly, and has since it was released.

Thank you for your unhelpful inaccurate mansplaining. Nobody, including you, benefitted from your ass kissing ways. I couldn't even play a game with another person for 30 minutes without getting kicked, so you are 100% wrong. Maybe read before you assume what "needs" are met.

Thank you for your unhelpful inaccurate mansplaining. Nobody, including you, benefitted from your ass kissing ways. I couldn't even play a game with another person for 30 minutes without getting kicked, so you are 100% wrong. Maybe read before you assume what "needs" are met.

So because you are not able to get it to work that makes him wrong? I have played split screen just fine and have also played with others at one time just fine. Last time I played with 3 others and myself that makes 4 of us on a weekend and was around 10 to 13 hours for the first 2 days and the 3rd day about 7 hours with very few issues. So I wouldn't say he is wrong.

Soooo Ark Survival just isn't a game then in your eyes? Also, there's a game called No Man's Sky which just recently added the multiplayer update. Both 3D building/survival and crafting almost exactly like 7DTDs. What is your godly answer for them being able to do multiplayer?

Neither Ark nor No Man's Sky offers both on the split screen and online play at the same time. Not even Minecraft allows for two people in the same system to play online.

The needs indicated were multiplayer options. Those options are in the game. Hence, your needs for multiplayer are met. Your inability to get it to wirh could fall under a variety of issues ranging from system age to network strength (your network or the host's network of you are not hosting.)

I almost believe that there will be no update because the game has not had an update for a long time. I almost think it has been set because there are too few people playing

This is a English site so don't be surprised if that post gets deleted.

Plenty of people still play but that is besides the point. They already said they are going to update but they have to work some things out first. So I would say I'm sure an update will happen TFP from what I have seen when they post something like this have not lied.

Neither Ark nor No Man's Sky offers both on the split screen and online play at the same time. Not even Minecraft allows for two people in the same system to play online.

Minecraft is the ONLY game to play online multiplayer that is like 7 Days! Get your fricking facts straight! I played that game religiously before I got 7 Days, so try again boyo. That's why they even have MULTIPLAYER MINIGAMES.

Also, have you tried Ark? No? I've played Ark, great game, and I've played online with my Sister and Girlfriend before. You really need to get what you're saying checked first. I play with My Girlfriend on my ps4 and my sis is on one in another room. We play together all fine.

The needs indicated were multiplayer options. Those options are in the game. Hence, your needs for multiplayer are met. Your inability to get it to wirh could fall under a variety of issues ranging from system age to network strength (your network or the host's network of you are not hosting.)

If the multiplayer options crap out before they are useful then our needs are not met. It's like buying a cake and dropping it on the ground before getting to take a bite. You had it, it was there in your hands, buttttt, it's not useful anymore because it's all gross and dirty and your need to eat it is gone because it is also gone.

If the multiplayer options crap out before they are useful then our needs are not met. It's like buying a cake and dropping it on the ground before getting to take a bite. You had it, it was there in your hands, buttttt, it's not useful anymore because it's all gross and dirty and your need to eat it is gone because it is also gone.

You are forgetting the 5 second rule, and 90% of that cake would still be good

Minecraft is the ONLY game to play online multiplayer that is like 7 Days! Get your fricking facts straight! I played that game religiously before I got 7 Days, so try again boyo. That's why they even have MULTIPLAYER MINIGAMES.

The point was that even Minecraft does not allow both split screen and online multiplayer at the same time online with other people outside the one console.

Online Splitscreen can only be played using Gold and Guest accounts. Guest accounts can only be signed in at the start of a session; they cannot join existing sessions. They can only be an Xbox Live account. So it is rather limited.

Also, have you tried Ark? No? I've played Ark, great game, and I've played online with my Sister and Girlfriend before. You really need to get what you're saying checked first. I play with My Girlfriend on my ps4 and my sis is on one in another room. We play together all fine.

The point was that Ark does not allow either split-screen play, or split-screen with online play at the same time. You apparently missed this point entirely. The comment you are quoting is about Split screen with joining other online at the same time.

I'm going to guess you never bothered to read my reply to your earlier post.

You might want to do that.

It looks a hell of a lot better when you actually know what you're talking about when you're replying to people on the forum. From the looks of things, you don't even know what you're replying to because you didn't bother to actually read the context.

Who has a pie in the face now? (btw, the cake is a lie...)

The point was that even Minecraft does not allow both split screen and online multiplayer at the same time online with other people outside the one console.

Online Splitscreen can only be played using Gold and Guest accounts. Guest accounts can only be signed in at the start of a session; they cannot join existing sessions. They can only be an Xbox Live account. So it is rather limited.

The point was that Ark does not allow either split-screen play, or split-screen with online play at the same time. You apparently missed this point entirely. The comment you are quoting is about Split screen with joining other online at the same time.

I'm going to guess you never bothered to read my reply to your earlier post.

You might want to do that.

It looks a hell of a lot better when you actually know what you're talking about when you're replying to people on the forum. From the looks of things, you don't even know what you're replying to because you didn't bother to actually read the context.

Who has a pie in the face now? (btw, the cake is a lie...)

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE CLOSED. When the topic goes sideways, the forum moderator should just close the thread, or get back on track. Until we hear or if we hear anything again it needs to be from the people actually working on the game.. This back and forth garbage needs to stop.

Go argue your nonsense in the off topic part of the forums.

I appreciate your response, however, if you look back to the initial post and the subsequent responses, you will find that what was being asked for was not just multiplayer. They were asking for split screen and online at the same time. You asked about other games, that while they do both offer multiplayer options, they do not allow split screen access while playing online.

And again, disconnects with online setting are not always the fault of the game. Internet settings and speeds of either the host of the game or those connecting to the host, could cause a multiplayer session to end suddenly. The functionality has been included. It is part of the game. There are others on both consoles that have and can use the online multiplayer features of 7 Days to Die. Sounds to me like someone dropped their slice of cake without thinking of getting another slice.

- - - Updated - - -

THIS THREAD NEEDS TO BE CLOSED. When the topic goes sideways, the forum moderator should just close the thread, or get back on track. Until we hear or if we hear anything again it needs to be from the people actually working on the game.. This back and forth garbage needs to stop.

Go argue your nonsense in the off topic part of the forums.

Arguing about features that may or may not be worked on in possible future updates are fully on topic within this post. Telling people to stop discussing features that may be seen or corrected in said possible update is not. Just saying.

I think this is my most disappointing game I've ever purchased. Such amazing promise only to be ruined by a soul crushing, broken, disaster of a product.

The glimmer of hope that the new patch represented only to again be kicked in the teeth. And not quickly, drug out in slow motion over about 16 months.

I don't give a #### anymore about circumstances, glitches, layoffs, MD 5, alphas blah blah blah etc. I just want a ####### version of the game I paid for (4 times) that will play online for more than 45 minutes and not randomly give me a giant middle finger while simultaneously kicking me in the balls.

(Obviously, I have the game on XBox)

The Fun Pimps have said in another thread that console will still get its updates, there's just the legal aspects to sort out. You can see the comment in this thread, about half way down. https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87502-Telltale-Layoffs/page10

I personally believe it will come, might be a bit of a wait but I'm patient and have other games to amuse me if Ii want to take a break from 7DTD.

This is why we don't feed the trolls.

Not sure how much simple it can be. They said they will still update it just isn't going to be tomorrow. If that is a issue well leave go away because coming here crying isn't going to change anything what so ever regardless what you think. If you are that unhappy then leave but just being as blunt as I can be but we just don't care. Like I said coming here saying you are done and this and that will NOT get an update any sooner. Saying they are not going to update it after they said they will is NOT going to get a update any sooner. So I say bye see ya but we all know you will be back......

This is why we don't feed the trolls.

Not sure how much simple it can be. They said they will still update it just isn't going to be tomorrow. If that is a issue well leave go away because coming here crying isn't going to change anything what so ever regardless what you think. If you are that unhappy then leave but just being as blunt as I can be but we just don't care. Like I said coming here saying you are done and this and that will NOT get an update any sooner. Saying they are not going to update it after they said they will is NOT going to get a update any sooner. So I say bye see ya but we all know you will be back......

The main problem I have is the certainty. They have noc clue at this point if they can get the rights back from Telltale. And if they can get the rights back, they have no idea if they will be able to find another publisher willing to touch the console version. If they decide to do it themselves, without a new publisher, there is a good chance Sony will drop it from the PS4. Sony has a rule in order to be sold for their system, a game must have a publisher. If they don't get a new publishers and Sony doesn't pull it, against their own rules, there is no way the Fun Pimps will stop developing the PC version to catch up the console version. That could push the update out years.

I am not angry with the game that I have played. I enjoyed it for 2 years and got it when it was on sale for $10. I did get my money's worth. I am irritated with how this situation is being handled.

The main problem I have is the certainty. They have noc clue at this point if they can get the rights back from Telltale. And if they can get the rights back, they have no idea if they will be able to find another publisher willing to touch the console version. If they decide to do it themselves, without a new publisher, there is a good chance Sony will drop it from the PS4. Sony has a rule in order to be sold for their system, a game must have a publisher. If they don't get a new publishers and Sony doesn't pull it, against their own rules, there is no way the Fun Pimps will stop developing the PC version to catch up the console version. That could push the update out years.

I am not angry with the game that I have played. I enjoyed it for 2 years and got it when it was on sale for $10. I did get my money's worth. I am irritated with how this situation is being handled.

I can understand that. But really as of right now everything is just speculation. For all we know what is remaining of TT will keep doing it. They could be dealing with what they have to and get things sorted out before they can move forward with anything. We just don't know what is going on we don't even know what kind of contract was written up we just simply don't know. What is remaining of TT might not continue to do it and TFP might have to get someone else. One thing is for sure well two things really, you are right TFP are not going to stop working on the PC version that is a given fact. If it wasn't for TT to begin with console version of the game wouldn't be around. They started making the game for PC with a kickstarter and they are not going to abandon it. The 2nd thing we know is that they said they planned on updating all platforms. If they felt they wasn't going to be able to some how regardless if it is them or they get someone else they wouldn't of made a claim to say it. Now will the update happen on time? Maybe but probably not as I'm sure they got to get a bunch of things straightened out. But because they said they planned on still updating then I believe they will. They have yet from my view taken back things they said to this degree. Yes things in the game itself they have brought up and changed their minds or couldn't get it to work and such but I have not seen nothing this kind of seriousness to it of them to lie about.

Worst case scenario, TFP will be the publisher and it will continue to be developed by IG.

We just gotta wait for all the legal hanky panky to get worked out and see how the chips fall.

Archived