[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

I had to uninstall console 7d a bit back so I could join my crew in an online tournament of gears 4 - i'm just about to reinstall as I do like 7d to play, while I have faith that IG and TFP will eventually be able to finish at least the update at a future point, I want to know if any of the current online elements effected by the total frackup which telltale have caused, or not?

Hello console community,

First time post for me here on the forum, please by all means let me know if I'm crossing a line here but is this thread actually going anywhere at all? I can, from a console players point of view, understand why the community is both frustrated by the current state of things in regards to the current build on both PS4 and XB1. but pointing fingers at who is to blame and who isn't will not make things progress any quicker.

I myself have well over 4 months of play time,the odd stream here and there on the XB1 version, and am at this point waiting patiently for some form of OFFICIAL news and with the amount of questioning both moderators and other players/fans on what, when, how and why things aren't going a particular way, at least from some people that I've seen here in this thread, any sort of OFFICIAL (yes there's that word again) progress would be lost among this bunch of whining.

I am also aware that usually new threads are opened for that sort of thing, but what happened to being patient? There is a lot to be done on the legal side of things before any type of progress will be given to us as a community and even then it won't, more than likely, be until TFP, IG and the TTG saga is sorted completely.

For everybody's benefit this thread should be locked down UNTIL there is news to be given. If people really want to discuss the amount of bull♥♥♥♥ (excuse the term) that they have been here, create your own threads in general discussions or something instead of sparking minor flame wars here and there. Stop criticizing each other and try to get along, this community started well and had at least some integrity and respect for one another and now it seems to be in shambles all over, in my own opinion, absolutely nothing but a bump in the road to future console development.

These are just the opinions of a late 20's Australian gamer, and in no way should my opinion be taken as personal attacks or fanning the flames of an already agitated community. It'd just be nice to at least see everybody here get along no matter what platform you use. News will come in time and until then just enjoy surviving, slaying and exploring new ways to do so until then.

Cheers.

Hello console community,

First time post for me here on the forum, please by all means let me know if I'm crossing a line here but is this thread actually going anywhere at all? I can, from a console players point of view, understand why the community is both frustrated by the current state of things in regards to the current build on both PS4 and XB1. but pointing fingers at who is to blame and who isn't will not make things progress any quicker.

I myself have well over 4 months of play time,the odd stream here and there on the XB1 version, and am at this point waiting patiently for some form of OFFICIAL news and with the amount of questioning both moderators and other players/fans on what, when, how and why things aren't going a particular way, at least from some people that I've seen here in this thread, any sort of OFFICIAL (yes there's that word again) progress would be lost among this bunch of whining.

I am also aware that usually new threads are opened for that sort of thing, but what happened to being patient? There is a lot to be done on the legal side of things before any type of progress will be given to us as a community and even then it won't, more than likely, be until TFP, IG and the TTG saga is sorted completely.

For everybody's benefit this thread should be locked down UNTIL there is news to be given. If people really want to discuss the amount of bull♥♥♥♥ (excuse the term) that they have been here, create your own threads in general discussions or something instead of sparking minor flame wars here and there. Stop criticizing each other and try to get along, this community started well and had at least some integrity and respect for one another and now it seems to be in shambles all over, in my own opinion, absolutely nothing but a bump in the road to future console development.

These are just the opinions of a late 20's Australian gamer, and in no way should my opinion be taken as personal attacks or fanning the flames of an already agitated community. It'd just be nice to at least see everybody here get along no matter what platform you use. News will come in time and until then just enjoy surviving, slaying and exploring new ways to do so until then.

Cheers.

This thread has probably been left open so people can discuss what's happening and air their grievances. Close this thread and you can guarantee people will start posting threads along the lines of "if there any news" or "when's the next update coming out" in the General Discussion section, which the mods then have to deal with; much easier to do when it's all contained in one single thread.

I've been here for a long time now; I started playing this when it first came to consoles and joined the forum a while later (after lurking for a bit). It did used to be a much friendlier, more helpful place but a lot of those people have gone quiet/moved on, though a few still remain and help people out when they are able. Yes, it would be nice if people got along instead of making personal attacks or ranting but that is not going to happen - frustrations are building. Rest assured, there are those of us who understand things with Telltale are going to take some time to resolve and are patiently and quietly waiting for news.

7d2d is a dead game everyone just do yourselfs a favor and throw it in the garbage like i did . This will solve everything . Console players dont mean anything to the makers of 7d2d this is their way of saying no they dont intend to upgrade the console version cause they dont care about it .

To the creators of 7 Days to Die you should have never created a console version of the game if you didn't intend to update it. Instead you created a console version and ABANDONED it so i hope your happy with yourselves . Also you continue to show favoritism to pc players thats another part of you guys problem and why your console community is in a uproar which it always will be at this rate till you as the creators of the game get it together and update what you created instead of making excuses.

Ah the game is still awesome. I just played it last night with my son for the 1st time in months & we had a blast.

However ive also been watching lots of lets plays of A17 (games4kickz) and i gotta say our piddly console version is now FAR inferior to pc. I do hope The Fun Pimps can figure this mess out as A16 stuff would definitely breathe new life into 7 Days to Die as well as hopefully better optimization for our xbox brothers & sisters.

Just gotta stay positive. In Pimps we Trust!!!

Ah the game is still awesome. I just played it last night with my son for the 1st time in months & we had a blast.

However ive also been watching lots of lets plays of A17 (games4kickz) and i gotta say our piddly console version is now FAR inferior to pc. I do hope The Fun Pimps can figure this mess out as A16 stuff would definitely breathe new life into 7 Days to Die as well as hopefully better optimization for our xbox brothers & sisters.

Just gotta stay positive. In Pimps we Trust!!!

In Germany judiciary takes forever. Don't know how long it is gonna take on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean to clear this legal mess up.

In Germany judiciary takes forever. Don't know how long it is gonna take on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean to clear this legal mess up.

Unfortunately it's the same here in the states. Probably wont be anytime soon but just as long as it happens i guess.

Hopefully before ps5 comes out because by then it would be more or less useless.

The majority of gamers will upgrade to next gen systems. My broke ass on the other hand will be rockin the ps4 for a while. Plus im hearing next gen isnt looking at that impressive.

Unfortunately it's the same here in the states. Probably wont be anytime soon but just as long as it happens i guess.

Hopefully before ps5 comes out because by then it would be more or less useless.

The majority of gamers will upgrade to next gen systems. My broke ass on the other hand will be rockin the ps4 for a while. Plus im hearing next gen isnt looking at that impressive.

Don't forget that you can't build castles on rumors, even not on those from "insiders". Regarding 7 Days the next gen hardware in any case will be powerful enough to run the game smoothly as long as it will become optimized properly.

So in my opinion there are four possible options right from here.

Most likely: The legal situation will remain unsolved and no update will ever be released OR in case they find an agreement the summer update (whichs development progress probably is at 85-90%) will be finished to bring the game to A16 state and no further updates will ever be made.

The third option is that TFP and IG get back in charge like before and keep developing updates beyond the one we are still waiting for.

The fourth and most unlikely option is that the game will be re-released on PS5 in an overhauled state.

Sorry for my English.

whichs development progress probably is at 85-90%

you keep saying that the update is near completion, can you post a link to your source?

we have no idea what state the update was in, or when IG stopped working on it. it's just as possible they hit a wall and that's why TT went out of business.... ok, probably not but who knows.

I want the update just as much as everybody else, especially as I'm on xbox but we really just dont know.

I'm hoping for option 4, seems like a waste of time and money in the courts to get the rights back at the end of the console generation.

edit: this is assuming that a resolution will take us well into next year, if they can get it sorted sooner.... that would be awesome. usually when lawyers get involved it tends to drag on and on.

you keep saying that the update is near completion, can you post a link to your source?

we have no idea what state the update was in, or when IG stopped working on it. it's just as possible they hit a wall and that's why TT went out of business.... ok, probably not but who knows.

I want the update just as much as everybody else, especially as I'm on xbox but we really just dont know.

I'm hoping for option 4, seems like a waste of time and money in the courts to get the rights back at the end of the console generation.

edit: this is assuming that a resolution will take us well into next year, if they can get it sorted sooner.... that would be awesome. usually when lawyers get involved it tends to drag on and on.

I said "probably", not in fact "definitely".

They said "later this year", the last update by Clare is from July with closer details what it could have contained. They would not set those things on the list officially if it had been impossible to hit the targets within the time frame.

And it is pretty unlikely that they would announce anything big like the named features when being close to any layoffs or bankruptcy.

A few past examples of messed up publisher/developer games :

- Dragon Fin Soup, http://www.siliconera.com/2016/02/15/creators-dragon-fin-soup-cant-fix-playstation-versions/

--> The porting studio (BlitWorks) "have dropped the ball".

- Dead Island 2, https://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3312677/techland-explains-theyre-making-dead-island-2/

--> The publisher (Deep Silver) owned the IP, and "kicked to the curb" developers.

Why do I mention those two examples as they seem to share few things with 7DTD ?

--> Both involves companies still running. Telltales Publishing is still running too.

Be careful, TellTales Publishing is by law NOT TellTales Games (separate companies). The former may go bankrupt without the first being affected if the company structure was correctly registered.

As long as those companies are running fine (no bankruptcy, ...), existing contracts are still in force, and they can at will ransom, err ask for a "decent" price, the developers in order to hand them over the source code and/or IP rights.

I love the game but sadly I doubt console will get any further updates. With the game in its current state it needs a complete overhaul. It crashes everyhour on console. And you can't play with more than one friend any more and the whole world crashes along with the host. This game is good just wasn't ready and was released too early.

OK well I never post on forums but this time I have to hope this gets to the powers that be. I have more than 2600 hrs in this game and have been here since the beginning and today playing A17 a trader comment that cussed the LORD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE there is no reason for this and I don't want to see anyone go you know where. Who ever wrote that line should be ashamed and it needs to be deleted. I know you have a lot of work to do but this needs to be fixed!

OK well I never post on forums but this time I have to hope this gets to the powers that be. I have more than 2600 hrs in this game and have been here since the beginning and today playing A17 a trader comment that cussed the LORD IS NOT ACCEPTABLE there is no reason for this and I don't want to see anyone go you know where. Who ever wrote that line should be ashamed and it needs to be deleted. I know you have a lot of work to do but this needs to be fixed!

If you are playing A17 then you are on a PC and this is the console section that is no where near A17. But why let that bother you? And why should they be ashamed? It is a game first, it is a zombie game and if you was in a world like 7dtd has would it be uncommon for someone to be like that? I mean even in todays world it is not uncommon for people being like that. The traders are all set that way 98% of the things they say makes you want to kill them lol and this is one of those things.

I love the game but sadly I doubt console will get any further updates. With the game in its current state it needs a complete overhaul. It crashes everyhour on console. And you can't play with more than one friend any more and the whole world crashes along with the host. This game is good just wasn't ready and was released too early.

Well, the update we were waiting on was basically a complete overhaul. Entire client engine was being updated to Unity 2017.

1. The game is rated M for Mature audiences.

2. You live in a secular world. You need to learn to accept that not everything will fit into your beliefs. Especially when it's something like a post-apocalyptic anarchy laid out in a game with zombies. Seriously dude. When you pick up a controller, you don't expect every developer to cater to your belief system.

This does not need to be fixed. Your attitude however does need some work.

• 3 weeks later...
still can not understand how a company that no longer exists can retain publication rights on a game!

No reasons to double post the same thing in 2 different threads. I do believe that is in the forum rules.

- - - Updated - - -

This forum and this game need to just dissappear like a bad dream it would do everyone a favor especially the console players whom are being NEGLECTED!!!!!

Lol is all I will say to this.

7d2d the worlds worst console game 2018 ......... Whats the story going to be next year oh we still dont know how to update the console version of the game yet we can update everything else . Well FUN PIMPS?????!!!! . I dont believe for a second that fun pimps have anything preventing them from updating the console version except themselves .

Archived