[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Hey Clare! I was wondering if you have recieved any updates on this? it is my understanding that it was estimated the release would be between october and December. Does that mean its coming soon, or have they moved passed trying to rig this up to console! Thanks!

Nice try. Everyone of us already asked for any kind of information but never got some about any release dates. That said you should know that Clare is not our community manager for consoles anymore. She is officially here as an ordinary gamer girl.

I am pretty sure that there won't be any new kind of information before A17 on PC is out. As soon as this is done they have to deal with the way the X1 system is working which slows down the update development pretty badly.

It may not be fair but either they release updates for PS4 and X1 at the same time (which will make the PS4 players wait longer) or the X1 players have to be even more patient and get their update far after the PS4 players.

But before this can happen it still will take a whie, TFP need more employees, the console version should have a new publisher to get all those things running parallelly. Otherwise the PC gamers and TPF who both want to see the game being finished in 2019...have to wait for the console version to be updated.

I am pretty unsure if they will take this kind of risk and probably piss of the PC community.

What they need to do is hold off on releasing any more updates for the pc and work on the consoles to get them caught up with the updates then do more for the pc but thank God there is sum other survival style games out there like ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED and state of decay series that have far less employees that produces more updates so they don't lose any people from their community. Honestly it isn't right that the devs are avoiding any questions about the game updates. So it is about what they are doing if they didn't want to update the game then don't put it on console even if the console has sold more copies of the game then steam sold we are the reason why they have a paycheck .

What they need to do is hold off on releasing any more updates for the pc and work on the consoles to get them caught up with the updates then do more for the pc but thank God there is sum other survival style games out there like ARK SURVIVAL EVOLVED and state of decay series that have far less employees that produces more updates so they don't lose any people from their community. Honestly it isn't right that the devs are avoiding any questions about the game updates. So it is about what they are doing if they didn't want to update the game then don't put it on console even if the console has sold more copies of the game then steam sold we are the reason why they have a paycheck .

Well, you've got a couple of thoughts completely wrong here.

Ark and State of Decay developers each have at least double the number of people working on each project than TFP and Iron Galaxy combined. So you're completely wrong there. SoD wan't even available in it's development phase like Ark and 7DTD on the PC were/are.

Development for the PC title has exactly zero impact on anything with the console. Iron Galaxy developed the console version. As soon as the legal issue with licensing for the publishing rights are resolved, they will be able to continue doing so. TFP's legal team is actively working on this.

Well, you've got a couple of thoughts completely wrong here.

Ark and State of Decay developers each have at least double the number of people working on each project than TFP and Iron Galaxy combined. So you're completely wrong there. SoD wan't even available in it's development phase like Ark and 7DTD on the PC were/are.

Development for the PC title has exactly zero impact on anything with the console. Iron Galaxy developed the console version. As soon as the legal issue with licensing for the publishing rights are resolved, they will be able to continue doing so. TFP's legal team is actively working on this.

so, what you're saying is, because the fun pimps haven't invested money back into the team along the way, like the other game has (scratch that, MOST studios do) that it's not their fault? Ark started out in the same place 7 days has and look at it now, even after pulling off some real shady stuff.

No offense, maybe you should go back to just being a moderator, then a mouth. It's this attitude that's killing the community, have you been off the forums recently? everything you can't just simply block and hide, it's all out there. People have really known the moderator team here to be very cancerous, it's like they gave a bunch of fanboys control over the forums.

You guys need to change the way you act, it's sad really. Any critism thrown your way, you throw your rabid fanboys all over it and block the person from being able to reply. What are you, PR or bouncers, because you act like offended bouncers.

Let's all gang up on the dude for pointing out the fun pimps never kept up the curve.

And next time you want to call out a content creator for reading between the lines and calling someone out for bull♥♥♥♥, do it off the forums tough guy. I'd love to see you come to my house.

Sorry bud. There wasn't any "reading between the lines" in the outright lies you spoke. You were dead wrong, did zero research, and got called out for it.

And this is how you retaliate for being called out? Real grown up.

Why are you responding to him after you already banned him? is that how you prove a point?

At this point, following the latest update regarding the status of this game, now on feel that this thread should be closed. Once, and if, the legal issues are sorted, the update described in this thread will not be the same. Besides a new thread for what update comes on the future would be warranted any way.

At this point, following the latest update regarding the status of this game, now on feel that this thread should be closed. Once, and if, the legal issues are sorted, the update described in this thread will not be the same. Besides a new thread for what update comes on the future would be warranted any way.

Glad to see you finally see what I was talking about a few weeks ago. Should have been closed a long time ago.

I agree with this. As a former console player, it is sad seeing all this play out, but at this point, this thread has outlived it's usefullness.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you responding to him after you already banned him? is that how you prove a point?

Regardless if he is banned, he is still able to read the forums. Besides, he continues to spout his own beliefs as fact, and needs to be set straight.

The game is not dead on pc, but this forum has become very cancerous since clare left. So much drama in this forum.

well as this is a console forum I was clearly talking about console. When has the console forum had anything to do with pc

console has taken the back seat on this game for quite a while now. The game is dead on console. The update was never coming out and can't see it ever coming out. Shame really had a lot of potential

and before any of you fan bois start banging on about buying a PC to play the game on PC... no just no. I have no doubt one of you tfp bum lickers will write a 2000 word essay on what's happened and how the console is not powerful enough and yarda yarda yarda but I think Its time to face reality. this game is a dodo on consoles.

Hey before the big update if they put out a patch to FIX THE CRASHING in multiplayer, that make alot of people happy and willing to wait as as long as it takes for the big update. Not to mention a patch would for multi would probably bring the hate mail/whining/d head comments way down and release some pressure off the dev teams backs.

Current status of console 7D2D

Hi everyone,

Please see below for the latest Message from the Team regarding Patch 14 and the Unity 2017 upgrade!

Clare

---------------

Hi everyone,

We wanted to give you an update on how things are progressing with the upgrade to Unity 2017. We are still on track and currently working on ensuring the menus are behaving as they should with the new upgrade. After that we'll be moving onto getting the core single player game working on the new engine having already gotten a first bootable build with functional front-end UI.

We're eager to tackle the more persistent bugs in the game once the upgrade is complete, and excited to start to add some of the new features from A15 and A16 including new map locations for you to explore.

Thank you all once again for your continuing patience and support. We'll be in touch again soon with more details on the progress of the upgrade and Patch 14.

Until then, happy surviving!

The 7DTD Console Team

-------------

Ok first of all I love 7 days to die I've following and playing it for a very long time but seriously the fact we have not had any info on up coming updates what so every really annoys me and even if there delayed that's fine but it just the lack of communication between TFP and the console community.

I also understand that's 7 days is a very big game and all pc features can not be implemented on console due to hardware limitations which once again is perfectly fine but there is much more that could be added to improve the user experience which as a result would probally boost the popularity of the game.

I honestly shouldn't have to talk about the severe lag spikes which occor very often as well as overall lag and server issues.

Overall I appreciate the fact that TFP are under staffed and have a lot on there plate but one update just briefly explaing the situation would be appreciated not just by me I am sure.

Ok first of all I love 7 days to die I've following and playing it for a very long time but seriously the fact we have not had any info on up coming updates what so every really annoys me and even if there delayed that's fine but it just the lack of communication between TFP and the console community.

I also understand that's 7 days is a very big game and all pc features can not be implemented on console due to hardware limitations which once again is perfectly fine but there is much more that could be added to improve the user experience which as a result would probally boost the popularity of the game.

I honestly shouldn't have to talk about the severe lag spikes which occor very often as well as overall lag and server issues.

Overall I appreciate the fact that TFP are under staffed and have a lot on there plate but one update just briefly explaing the situation would be appreciated not just by me I am sure.

There has been news, though it's not what you're hoping for. See the first post in this link for details: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?93089-Telltale-Update

A few weeks ago, we didn't have solid information regarding the state of the console version. Now we do.

In a totally different post, but hey let's leave this thread going because it is fun to argue and see our posts get edited because they don't follow the forum rules. Even though every other post in this thread is against the forum rules. Feel free to edit my posts again.

Different teams are focused on the console. It shouldn't have any impact at all.

Ya? They oosted amd filled a complete console team? I saw none of this.

Also TT settled out of court? 7d2d is a console asset and all there assets are frozen right now. So unless you have 100% proveable facts just dont.

And only a17E is coming out meaning over the next few months they are fixing bugs and likely pushing updates to be stable thus not focused on console. There are tons of things that need to happen sadly before they can work on console.

Archived