[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

The hype train has ran out of gas,steam, coal, whatever. Sad. I've been filling what play time i have with DbD n some other games. No sense continuing a game here when it almost positively will not carry over after the update/upgrade

Same here. I'm itching to get back into 7dtd but like you say, its almost certain we'll have to start brand new maps so why bother.

I know everyone is frustrated but we just gotta be patient. Im hella anxious for this update too but fact of the matter is we should be grateful they are still working on this game, giving us free updates.

The game is and was sold as a finished product. Everything we have received, bug fixes & content, has been to simply make the game better, not because we're owed anything.

It's gonna be so awesome when the update hits! Surely will be worth the wait.

Is it possible that the first post from Clare can be updated with further news from this thread? I cant be bothered to read all 32 pages of posts to find information from the devs.

Thanks

Will not happen. No new news to share. If any new news come Clare will start a new thread about it for this specific reason so it doesn't get lost in the pages of post. So in the 31 pages you are not missing any information besides speculations and opinions on things.

Googled iron galaxy seems there a independent business with 2 studios and the one location in Orlando Florida made the 7 days to die port. So I’d say it really depends on if they have been paid to make the update already whether or not we will get it. Hopefully Clare can clarify everything up for us.

Currently, this is the official word....

"Today Telltale Games made the difficult decision to begin a majority studio closure following a year marked by insurmountable challenges. A majority of the company's employees were dismissed earlier this morning, with a small group of 25 employees staying on to fulfill the company's obligations to its board and partners."

In the same statement, Telltale's CEO Pete Hawley said, "It's been an incredibly difficult year for Telltale as we worked to set the company on a new course. Unfortunately, we ran out of time trying to get there. We released some of our best content this year and received a tremendous amount of positive feedback, but ultimately, that did not translate to sales. With a heavy heart, we watch our friends leave today to spread our brand of storytelling across the games industry."

The company says it will "issue further comments regarding its product portfolio in the coming weeks".

Telltale handles the console version. The major Unity update we were told would happen later this year, is highly unlikely - IN MY PERSONAL OPINION - because the 25 left, out of hundreds, are likely just management, and not sitting at a computer polishing the 7 days update. We’ll likely see the Unity update eventually.....just....not until maybe 2020....and ps5....and 7D2D: The Sequel

- - - Updated - - -

That said, Iron Galaxy is also part of the equation. If they’re handling the port 100%, then as long as they get paid, we’ll still see the update later this year. I don’t want it to fail, so I really hope that’s the case.

That’s my two cents, hopefully Clare can provide real info soon.

It's been 3 months tired of the run around clare! Also heard of major layoffs from telltale what does this mean for people who have been waiting an eternity for alpha to be over? Will we see an update this month? Or will it be another 4 years before anything good happens? Or will this game just be cancelled and everyone refunded

It's been 3 months tired of the run around clare! Also heard of major layoffs from telltale what does this mean for people who have been waiting an eternity for alpha to be over? Will we see an update this month? Or will it be another 4 years before anything good happens? Or will this game just be cancelled and everyone refunded

You got what you paid for, so refunding isn't going to happen. That's a silly idea really.

As soon as we know more, we will let you know. I will do what I can to keep everyone up to date on it, and I'm sure Clare will if she is able.

You got what you paid for, so refunding isn't going to happen. That's a silly idea really.

As soon as we know more, we will let you know. I will do what I can to keep everyone up to date on it, and I'm sure Clare will if she is able.

Actually gamestop can refund nob. And as to the game itself. Stop trying to convince yourself of it. I knew what I was getting. Second it's a game that is prevented through many stops on consoles it probably shouldn't have been allowed

Hi Clare... We just hear that telltale close their company... That's mean 7 days to die is over for us? Or we still having updates because funpims or somebody else will keep working console 7d2d?

The Fun Pimps do not work on the console version of the game. Iron Galaxy does the port for Telltale Games.

All we can do is wait for something official to be posted.

It’s done

The multiplayer will die, no servers. Never thought we’d get an update anyway, to many excuses in the past year. FunPimps don’t care they don’t own console version. The 25 people left are there to pay whoever and make sure Telltale closes down. They are not working on releasing an update for 7days2die. Have fun. It’s going the way of H1 Z1.

closing of telltale R.I.P

I had a bad feeling this was going to happen. I called it a few weeks ago in my stream that something like this was probably was happening. No news is usually bad news. Oh well there is always PC everyone. I recommend it to any one that can afford a pc or a decent laptop that can run 7dtd. R.I.P 7dtd!! It is a sad day for all console fans!

I cannot believe that people still get confused by this...

7 Days to Die for consoles was released as a finished product, not an Alpha. We're lucky to get fixes or anything new for it at all... Well fixes, yes, I can understand since some stuff needed it (like for my Xbox).

-------------------------------------- (I added the line for separation of 2 different things) :)

7 Days to Die for PC is still being worked on and developed. That's the version that is still in Alpha stage.

2 different entities that people always expect to be the exact same game someday... That will never happen.

Am I upset that the console might never get any other updates? Of course. I play with my brother every weekend. But I also have the PC version (bought 4 years ago), and that's my favorite game by far.

I hope we see something from Clare soon, or maybe SylenThunder (Moderator of the forum... Doing a great job by the way).

Archived