[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

I can understand that. But really as of right now everything is just speculation. For all we know what is remaining of TT will keep doing it. They could be dealing with what they have to and get things sorted out before they can move forward with anything. We just don't know what is going on we don't even know what kind of contract was written up we just simply don't know. What is remaining of TT might not continue to do it and TFP might have to get someone else. One thing is for sure well two things really, you are right TFP are not going to stop working on the PC version that is a given fact. If it wasn't for TT to begin with console version of the game wouldn't be around. They started making the game for PC with a kickstarter and they are not going to abandon it. The 2nd thing we know is that they said they planned on updating all platforms. If they felt they wasn't going to be able to some how regardless if it is them or they get someone else they wouldn't of made a claim to say it. Now will the update happen on time? Maybe but probably not as I'm sure they got to get a bunch of things straightened out. But because they said they planned on still updating then I believe they will. They have yet from my view taken back things they said to this degree. Yes things in the game itself they have brought up and changed their minds or couldn't get it to work and such but I have not seen nothing this kind of seriousness to it of them to lie about.

You have to stop holding out any hope that TT is going to finish the update. First they passed their own game to another studio to finish. Second, if they intended to continue working with this game, then one of the team members still employed would have been Clare as her position would still be necessary. Telltale Games is not going to finish this patch as the developer.

Now, go back and reread Richard's first post. The Fun Pimps will continue to support all platforms THAT THEY CAN. Those are not my words, those are his. That is not a guarentee that the console work will continue. And his second post in the same thread suggested that the Fun Pimps dont have the rights for the console version at this time. Those are kind of needed before they can continue work on it, or before they can find a new publisher.

All I want is a more straight forward response then what we have now. If they don't have the rights then a statement indicating they are working to obtain them so they can continue development of the console version while they continue the PC version would be optimal. If they decide now that the console version is to much for them to handle at this time, then they need to say it.

Worst case scenario, TFP will be the publisher and it will continue to be developed by IG.

We just gotta wait for all the legal hanky panky to get worked out and see how the chips fall.

Seeing as they started developing the PC version via Kickstarter over 5 years ago, and they are still in alpha stages, you'll have to forgive me if I dont believe that they would have the funds to pay another studio to develop the game. Which is what a publisher does.

The true worst case scenario is that they decide the console editions are too much for them to handle.

Please calm down all, as we are only guessing and speculating.

We are not going anywhere doing so, we are just amplifying the uncertainty zone.

"What if", "if they can", "case scenario" doesn't help anyone here.

As console players/users, the best we can now is to WAIT until this mess is officially settled.

In the meantime, we have two options :

- we find the game enjoyable/playable and play it as is.

- we find the game not satisfying/unplayable and play another game.

Wait and relax, we are talking about a $/€35 video game.

We all have bought it for having fun in playing it, do not let the fun stop on this forum arguing endlessly.

You have to stop holding out any hope that TT is going to finish the update. First they passed their own game to another studio to finish. Second, if they intended to continue working with this game, then one of the team members still employed would have been Clare as her position would still be necessary. Telltale Games is not going to finish this patch as the developer.

Now, go back and reread Richard's first post. The Fun Pimps will continue to support all platforms THAT THEY CAN. Those are not my words, those are his. That is not a guarentee that the console work will continue. And his second post in the same thread suggested that the Fun Pimps dont have the rights for the console version at this time. Those are kind of needed before they can continue work on it, or before they can find a new publisher.

All I want is a more straight forward response then what we have now. If they don't have the rights then a statement indicating they are working to obtain them so they can continue development of the console version while they continue the PC version would be optimal. If they decide now that the console version is to much for them to handle at this time, then they need to say it.

So you want to read between then lines and pull out every negative you can in the statements that have been shared and take it how YOU see want to see it and believe the console is done. But then you don't want to read clearly what someone else says and want to push a agenda that is still negative towards others.

I never said anything about having hopes that TT will finish the game. I just said we don't know and that is based because of the statement they released saying they will continue to work on contracts they still have. I have no clue if 7 days is one of the contracts or not but it really doesn't matter as I got a great game on the console and looks as if I still have a great game on PC that TFP are doing a great job on.

Maybe read between the lines the other way. We all know console version isn't going to match 100% to PC version. So maybe that is why it reads all platforms that they can, meaning if console can't get anymore updates then it will be done but what we do know is it can at least handle one more. They also console is not being abandoned. Now you can put together as you wish and pull out any negative you wish out of it but if you are that sure of yourself that the console is finished then why are you here?

So you want to read between then lines and pull out every negative you can in the statements that have been shared and take it how YOU see want to see it and believe the console is done. But then you don't want to read clearly what someone else says and want to push a agenda that is still negative towards others.

I never said anything about having hopes that TT will finish the game. I just said we don't know and that is based because of the statement they released saying they will continue to work on contracts they still have. I have no clue if 7 days is one of the contracts or not but it really doesn't matter as I got a great game on the console and looks as if I still have a great game on PC that TFP are doing a great job on.

Maybe read between the lines the other way. We all know console version isn't going to match 100% to PC version. So maybe that is why it reads all platforms that they can, meaning if console can't get anymore updates then it will be done but what we do know is it can at least handle one more. They also console is not being abandoned. Now you can put together as you wish and pull out any negative you wish out of it but if you are that sure of yourself that the console is finished then why are you here?

I am here for that slim hope that we will at least get clear confirmation one way or the other. Or at least some clear statement indicating intent beyond what little we have which is a stretch for the way information had been handled for this game.

I am sorry if I'm finding the negative in the situation, but at some point we have to face facts based on what we know, which is honestly not much. What I do know a lot about, more than I'd like to admit, is phrasing things in order to cover one's own backside. It's what I've picked up on within the information provided.

We dont know how far along this update was before any of this happened, at least not beyond the UI. We dont know how far in advance Iron Galaxy was paid if at all. What we do know is that Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy. That's the entire point of that move. Without money, they simply cannot pay a developer. There is no way they can finish publishing contracts. I am not just pulling the negatives when I say that TTG is not finishing this update.

I am sorry for my negativity, but without more information, I just don't see any positive outcomes.

You guys are both right. They have been somewhat vague on their posts but like you said nootcaase, they kinda have to so they aren't "commiting" to anything, thus covering their own rears.

I'm sure even to them it's still up in the air wether they can regain the rights or not or how long this can take.

However like crazywildfire says, we just gotta stay positive & trust Richard when he says we are not being abandoned, he is afterall the other Huenink (hope i'm at least close on spelling) brother involved with the creation of this game on pc.

His statement has to mean they are at least trying for us.

We are still paying customers who can by word of mouth spread the news to go buy this game or to stay the hell away from it.

Just gotta hold on to that hope. Play some Journey..."Don't stop...believin..." lol

...Telltale is not paying anyone after declaring bankruptcy....

Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.

But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

Correction [1:28pm PT]: An earlier report said that Telltale filed for bankruptcy. Sources say that 'bankrupcty' was mentioned. We regret the error.

Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

EDIT :

I understand what TTG did.

In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.

Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.

I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.

I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.

Not 100% sure about this, didn't found any evidence or bankruptcy filling.

But I found some websites like this one telling using the word "bankruptcy" was an error.

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/report-telltale-games-shutting-down-the-wolf-among-us-2-and-stranger-things-canceled

Anyway, just for your information, doesn't change anything for 7DTD.

EDIT :

I understand what TTG did.

In France, firing all or nearly all employees while running short on cash is common for a company in order to avoid filling for bankruptcy.

Many companies in France does not have any financial backup, so in order to avoid bankruptcy, extreme actions are done in order to minimize the expenses.

I simply think TTG is in this case, and tries to avoid bankruptcy, whatever the reason.

Apologies. I had heard bankruptcy at some point hadn't realized it was an error.

I don't see what it matters really if they did or didn't. Still doesn't change the fact that we don't have a clue what is going on besides speculations. How does one know that they do or don't have a separate financial system for outside companies? So if they was to file bankruptcy the outside company is still safe and such. I have no clue and neither does anyone else here. I have seen people file bankruptcy and not lose everything and not even touch a dime in the bank accounts. They do have different kinds of bankruptcy so even if they did do we know how they filed? No we don't, so we can speculate all day every day but until someone that matters comes along that is all it is just speculation. So be negative all you wish or be positive but as I said before and this isn't really towards the one being negative but towards those that are negative and say they are done. If you are done see ya don't let the door hit ya on the way out nobody here cares.

Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.

Let me say this one last time. TELLTALE IS NOT FINISHING THIS GAME. The importance of a random indie title in the grand scheme if their current situation is low beyond getting money to pay their own people. The contracts they have to work are the contracts they have for THEIR OWN WORKERS.

The only way this version of this game is going to be finished with with another publisher. If you want to cut negarivity. Out of the forums and out of this situation, then you need to grow up. The entire situation is negative. The entire handling of the situation has been negative. You want live under rainbows and sunshine fine. You'll be the one even more disappointed when things don't work out they way you expect.

Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.

Lmao just because you are negative person and only want to see things one way that is all on you bruv. Just because someone looks at things in a positive way doesn't mean they get disappointed when something doesn't happen a specific way. Someone can have a positive attitude and still not be let down on things just because you don't know how to that doesn't mean it can't be done. Seems like with that negative attitude you got you still only reading what you wish to out everything and get all bent out of shape. Hope that works out for you because update or not I'm happy and good where I'm at.

Good luck keeping hold of the this life. Keep in mind, with the little bit of info we have, any view of what is going to happen is reading things they way we want. Positive or negative.

The point was that even Minecraft does not allow both split screen and online multiplayer at the same time online with other people outside the one console.

You are 100% WRONG by the way. The point is, Minecraft DOES allow split-screen and online play. I've done it before, do I need to post a picture to prove you wrong because I very well can.

Also, that would be why there is a MINIGAMES option of play which, by the way, you can play with 4 PEOPLE SPLIT-SCREEN, ONLINE so dude, try again, and make sure you check your sources against me! Try playing the game yourself even.

Online Splitscreen can only be played using Gold and Guest accounts. Guest accounts can only be signed in at the start of a session; they cannot join existing sessions. They can only be an Xbox Live account. So it is rather limited.

So you are only looking at crappy xbox and their side of things? We Playstation users don't have "Gold accounts" they are called Ps Plus which you stated nothing about. I'm not sure what crap Xbox can't do, but Playstation can play multiplayer split-screen online. CHECK YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU TALK TO ME because you sound very uneducated about the subject at hand.

The point was that Ark does not allow either split-screen play, or split-screen with online play at the same time. You apparently missed this point entirely. The comment you are quoting is about Split screen with joining other online at the same time.

I have played Ark split-screen with my girlfriend and online with my sister in another room, on another PS4 system completely. So it IS very well possible. I read the comment I was quoting thoroughly I know how games work bud, do you?

It looks a hell of a lot better when you actually know what you're talking about when you're replying to people on the forum. From the looks of things, you don't even know what you're replying to because you didn't bother to actually read the context.

Who has a pie in the face now? (btw, the cake is a lie...)

Yes it does look good when you know what you are talking about. Maybe YOU should try it sometime. :eagerness:

I appreciate your response, however, if you look back to the initial post and the subsequent responses, you will find that what was being asked for was not just multiplayer. They were asking for split screen and online at the same time. You asked about other games, that while they do both offer multiplayer options, they do not allow split screen access while playing online.

Sorry to say this, but you're wrong, dude. The games I mentioned do allow split-screen and online play at the same time. Sure maybe with some limitations, but it still works and is there. Thanks for your response, but I know what I am talking about and you are wrong.

Some updates would be nice on the progress of the game

It would, but until they sort everything out, they won't be able to do so. All that's been said is that the update will happen and a significant amount of work has been done on it already. We just have to be patient.

Heard about the TTG layoffs and came here, saw the post from TFP, and naturally Iron Galaxy has nothing to say to anybody.

@CrazyWildFire - I wish i could share your positivity, but i've dealt with developers before who found themselves saying nothing and refusing to respond on a normal basis. Trendy Entertainment with Dungeon defenders 1, After telling the console players that the new playable characters would come, over a year of silence before they finally found themselves having to tell console players that, well, the characters aint coming. Cyberstep initially commented on the insane lag issues of their game Onigiri, and now they literally ignore all comments, probably because they are no longer caring to, they have a small dedicated playerbase that is still throwing their money at the game. Game still laggy as all hell 3 or so years later (when i got 250mb down/up internet, i tested it again, didn't feel different.)

The game has been off my console ever since i last posted here. I have very fast internet so re-downloading wouldn't be an issue, but is this the kind of company anyone should want to stay invested in? And yes I get TFP have nothing to do with console but that's also the problem. The people who own this franchise don't care at all about how it's butchered making it to console, whether the console playerbase is happy with the product that their name is on, and the best they got in this (to the community, terrifying) situation is a "we'll support this games future IF we can?" As far as TFP know, we could all be super happy with our xbox and ps4 versions, as they don't ever spare any time to see how many people is complaining, and even if they see, they give no feedback that anyone's concerns are actually taking into consideration.

Last time I posted here month(s) ago, CrazyWildfire told me and is currently telling noot that crying and bickering and flooding this forum with negativity isn't going to help anything. Problem is, the negative feedback for developers is the most important. I don't need to know that you ARE happy with my product, i need to know that you AREN'T and WHY so i can make sure that in the future you WILL be happy with the product. If flooding this forum actually has no impact, i will not forget the name The Fun Pimps much like i have never forgot Trendy Entertainment and Cyberstep, two companies that has seen no further money from me (and man did i want some of those dd2 characters.) While TFP isn't as experienced in business or as well-known as capcom, definitely a smaller company, their can be some leniency the playerbase should give for some issues. But, how far does that need to go? How long has Alpha 17 been delayed on PC since it's originally announced timeframe? They had a date, that date is passed... and now they are popping up with more content for Alpha 17 like the gyrocopter? So sure, offer them leniency when i'm certain that people prefer constant updates that are smaller in size rather then waiting over a year for one big update (i suspect a minimum of 25% of players have already given up on awaiting the next update, probably across all platforms). I for one couldn't care when we can expect this update because It's already been far longer then i would like to see one bug fix, and over this ridiculous amount of time for an update their is no statement, even a vague one, that this one bug will be fixed anyway. Why wait longer for an unplayable game to still be unplayable. Hell, for all i know IG and TFP probably think the MD5 error isn't a big deal, people are still playing their game for some unknown reason. Probably because a quality product backed by a good company doesn't matter to people anymore these days. I for one don't care to force close my game every 30 minutes, delete my local save, and reload the game, invite my friends who will lose around an hour (in-game time) just to repeat that process in another 30 minutes.

For all those who don't realize, this forum is your customer service. At this point, TFP/IG customer service isn't just not picking up your calls, they literally have the phone off the hook so they don't know your calling.

Hello .... I want to say that it's fine whatever you do we know you will strive for greatness so many don't understand this or understand that whatever happens don't lose hope never give up strive harder we believe in who evers hands that it is in it would go good don't make rumors up.. Thier there no problem about it much love for the CONSOLE VERSION and PC. I am the SILENT KILLER OF 7 DAYS TO DIE ......BECAREFUL THERES A SILENT KILLER LOOSE IN NAVEZGANE

@AmishMan53

1: supporting them is totally up to the person. Nobody can make one support or don't. What difference would it make before all this happened for TFP to say anything? They wouldn't be able to change anything as at the time was all up to TT. Why would IG come in and say anything all they are doing is porting. People may feel this or that but facts are facts and at the end of the day it will come back to how you see it no matter how things are. So far when it comes to TFP they have made millions in gross sales so I say loads of people still stand by this small team.

2: why would I want to be negative? Especially over a video game? If something different happens then so be it more important things in this world to get upset over then a video game. People can give feed back and not be ♥♥♥♥heads about it. I will agree everyone including myself can be given negative feedback but it can be done in a positive way. When someone comes at me negative like that I just laugh and see what I can do to piss them off more. At that point I don't care what you think. The world isn't perfect not everyone is going to agree with one another I get that but we can help the way we do things. When I step in and say enough with the negative feedback nobody cares is more about the ones that want to say they are done with the game and such. I can tell you if you are done then be done because nobody cares. Also it is against the forum rules to say you are done and say good bye or whatever so got that as well. Maybe that is what I should say and not say nobody cares but oh well.

3: so over all gove feedback and share the problems one might have but do it in a more positive manner. If you don't then don't expect others to be supportive or to be nice back. The developers are people with lives as well..... this is up to the person but try to think positive if something doesn't work out or go the way it was supposed to then don't get mad it is just a game but again that is up to that person.... TFP have made a statement recently give them a chance to get all this mess straightened out to see what they will do. This kind of thing will take time it will not happen over night so give them some time..... take what you wish from what I say I'm just another player here on the forums so I'm nobody. But myself from my life i have enough to get mad and upset about in this world then a video game. Same at work it is just a job more important things in life to worry about. But again that is just me and it has gotten me pretty darn far in life so....

If you look at most of my posts over the years since i got the game, they weren't generally negative. I did my part, intentionally taking an MD5 to closely pay attention to everything i can so i can give feedback. At the time i did this their was a workaround that i intentionally didn't do to ensure i was MD5'd so that my report would have no falsehood or incorrect data. So at this point i'm several years waiting, and you want me to be nice? I don't take theft lightly, and the common scheme behind theft is to accept payment for something and not deliver, furthermore ignoring calls or attempts to contact because, well you just stole from them. This isn't much different. I was sold a product that doesn't work as intended, and i can't get support for my issue. So yes, i have no issues being a ****head. I wasn't before but sure will be now.

Boycotting doesn't work well if just one person does it. I'm no longer here to support the game (shocking) but rather to support a different cause: The act of not supporting. The act of expecting quality that i'm surprised at the age of 35 (minimum, not sure your actual age) you don't have. I'm younger then you at the age of 31, and i remember the Atari 2600, NES, SNES and so on, and in those days games that weren't quality made didn't do so well. In fact do you know what the Nintendo Seal of Quality is? When the SNES hit, nintendo had a emblem on their game cases, not all were developed by them, but it said this game is well made. It was customer reassurance that I'm getting none of from these companies. It's become standard nowadays to release games broken and just fix them later, and when inexperienced dev teams do this, THIS happens. They come into a major bug that they don't know how to fix. But yeah, they made millions, and because everything is sunshine and rainbows AFTER the fact, they will do it again, make the same mistake again. You can keep spouting it's not TFP's fault, but it is. Have you ever dealt with wal-mart? 90% of what they sale isn't theirs, some things have to be taken up with the manufacturer, some things they handle themselves. Think of IG as wal-mart and TFP as the manufacturer. If wal-mart doesn't take care of my issue or it's something they can't, i can contact the manufacturer and in most cases they will help, sometimes at more expense to be because warranty and what not, but they help. I wouldn't doubt if some developers would look at this like "we can make the bug-fix DLC as a way to make them pay for their updated product (as if it broke due to aging) to be fixed"

You are just one person, whose being super vocal about not wanting to read our complaints. People have a right to be upset. People should be polite about some issues, some mistakes are honest mistakes. I've had my time being polite, as i'm sure some others have. Now, i don't care. TTG didn't make enough money doing what they do, and now Clare doesn't have a job. You think maybe, JUST MAYBE, it has something to do with her employer not making good business decisions? All the people at IG and TFP are people with lives and their own worries, and we should just let their employer ruin their lives for them rather then give them a rough month. But honestly, everthing in that last sentence i just said is hella inaccurate. Can't ruin their day or give them a rough month if they don't ever have to see my complaints right? Can't save the people who are simply doing their job (like Clare) because the companies over them don't care.

Now ultimately it comes full circle. I'd rather them be able to keep their jobs, but at this point i'd rather nobody support these companies in the future, which is a bit of a conundrum. Theirs alternatives, everyone get together and donate 5 bucks to the team of people who were the tools for the job (the programmers, not CEO or manager level people) after they lose their jobs to give them plenty of money while they look for a new one. I'm much more willing to throw away 20 dollars to a good cause then to spend 20 with expectations of some kind of return. This is more about morals then it is about the money. I bought a wii U less then a year ago and 1 game, mario maker, and haven't found a use for the console since. Money lost isn't an issue, only thing that sucks is digital games can't be resold to something like gamestop, so i get no ROI. Considering i'm speaking of boycotting, to be banned from the forum by someone who isn't just a forum mod would be amazing. It would tell me they actually come here to read and do see our complaints, but on the flipside it also means they don't care to spend even a couple minutes responding to peoples complaints and just want to save themselves.

@CrazyWildFire Assuming you've read up until this point, i actually have no problems with you. In every way i respect your position on this. You've grown up under different circumstances than I, live somewhere different then I, dealt with different types of people then I, and I know how much that shapes a person. I have other things to worry about in life then this game, but like i said above, this is no longer about the game. Its much more important now then ever to hold people accountable. In the past, i could have gone to wal-mart knowing my game wasn't going to be fixed (can't patch NES or SNES games back then) and return it for a full refund, and that simple act would have reflected on their pay. Enough people do it, and they don't make money, and go out of business. No Man's Sky is the hilarious complete opposite fact. It released, and nearly 90% of it wasn't what was expected by the customers, a lot of it was blatant lies. Even still, they made so much money off of initial sales that they were able to support it for an additional 2 years and how they spent that time was fixing the game and bringing it to what it was supposed to be. Not all developers are going to do the same. A major issue i have, which probably is somewhat in the minority, is this whole release a game broken, fix it later thing. The game starts out as a headache, i stop playing it, then later when it's fixed i no longer care enough and have other games to play. It's like buying a vacuum cleaner because my house is a wreck only to find out that the bag it uses hasn't been made yet and i have to wait two years to clean my house. Well, by then, i'm used to living in dirt, so i don't bother getting that bag. This game is mostly likely to be a prime example, as of january their's the tales of vesperia definitive edition and resident evil 2 remakes coming, and if this patch comes anywhere near that timeframe, fixes MD5 and gives us Alpha 16 as a whole, it won't matter. I've put over 200 hours into tales and over 50 hours into RE2's original releases, and both of those i haven't played in a good while. The companies behind them, i'm confident they won't have any game breaking bugs, and if they do, would probably be fixed within a week of release.

On another note, i'm one of the few people who isn't excited about Red dead 2. The original wasn't bad, but i'm just a person who would prefer modern GTA over the cowboy gunslinger style.

Archived