[07/11] - Message from the Team - Progress update

Clare

Skippy is awesome. Probably my favourite content creator on YouTube. Spent many many hours watching his 7DTD videos.

Yeah, Skippy's great. I love watching this video every once in a while, to remind me how "it used to be". This game a gone a long way!

New post from The Fun Pimps here: https://7daystodie.com/telltale-layoffs/

or here: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?87502-Telltale-Layoffs

Most games like the Forest and such, don’t involve separate blocks like 7days and Minecraft. The resources are huge. Remember, 7 days is above ground and underground. A simple 8x8 area is 64 square blocks just on one level, and 60 levels down, so 3600ish blocks per 8x8 area. I will love the forest and other survival games, but what made 7days great was the likeness to Minecraft, but more for adults. That’s why if they can hammer out the issues, it will still succeed, because there still isn’t anything like it.

Good news that TFP are committed to 7DTD on all platforms. I,m sure we would all like a big console update in the not too distant future. Totally hyped up for A17 as I have PC version also. I like to have both PC and Xbox versions of my favourite games.

Although the Forest, Ark and Conan for example are good games in the respective ways, nothing comes close to 7DTD. The voxel concept is so much more immersive with the fully destructible landscape and the ability to build vast structures within the limits of your imagination.

Throw in detailed crafting and zombie threat into the mix and you have the perfect recipe for a truly great game. This all has greater performance overheads of the traditional limitation of a normal game. Again most of the early access type games are developed using Unity, Unreal , or CryEngine games platforms using C# or C++. Pretty impressive what can be done for sure.

What is most important here is alot of people lost their jobs. Hoping Claire will still be around.

Yeah that is really more important then when a update will happen. It really sucks this happened for sure. Hopefully everything works good for those with no job.

I'm sure Clare will still be around. Not 100% sure she was a full TT employee. Maybe she was but something tells me because she even said something to the lines of she is the speaker to us through TT, IG, and TFP and us to them. We know she spends most of her time in the bug section so she obviously talks to IG a lot. She waits to get messages to pass along to us. Some other things as well. But like I said not 100% sure so if by chance she was then hope she still sticks around and wish the best of luck to her.

Just says “all platforms it can”. Doesn’t say anything about console. But does say Alpha17 is coming soon for PC.

I'm sure that "every platforms we can" means PS4, Xbox One and PC. There's only 3 versions, and I would think that The Fun Pimps want to keep them all alive.

With the console limitations, I just hope for at least one more update with fixes (like the Xbox bug) and a few new features (sleeper zombies, wolves, Hawaiian shirt zombie).

I'm sure that "every platforms we can" means PS4, Xbox One and PC. There's only 3 versions, and I would think that The Fun Pimps want to keep them all alive.

With the console limitations, I just hope for at least one more update with fixes (like the Xbox bug) and a few new features (sleeper zombies, wolves, Hawaiian shirt zombie).

.........& the stripper zombie.....

.........& the stripper zombie.....

Completely agree with both. Its in TFP,s interests to retain and support the console base for now and future business. As pointed out "every" platform is the clue. Sure they may not necessarily do the work themselves, however I hope they do bearing in mind the sad TT situation.

I've started playing again on the Xbox , forget how challenging it is with a gamepad instead of keyboard and mouse. Currently going for the kill 2500 zombie achievement. As I play mostly local single player I havent really experienced too many issues to be fair.

Positive thoughts for the future of console development.

That is all good and like many others, I'm very excited but will we get an insight into what actually will be coming to console gameplay wise in the near future e.g. New POI'S Zombies ect.

i think you might be getting a bit ahead of yourself, we have to wait and see if anyone is going to or is even allowed to continue work on the console version, until then there's not really anyone to even ask about POI's and zomies etc...

All I've ever wanted to do since I've owned this game is play with 1 other person or 2 other people. I love the idea of this game and it's world, but I fear it will never happen. I hope this isn't true and the console version receives the update it so desperately needs.

All I've ever wanted to do since I've owned this game is play with 1 other person or 2 other people. I love the idea of this game and it's world, but I fear it will never happen. I hope this isn't true and the console version receives the update it so desperately needs.

Console allows 2-player local split screen or 4 player MP online. That fits your needs exactly, and has since it was released.

Console allows 2-player local split screen or 4 player MP online. That fits your needs exactly, and has since it was released.

Actually, this doesn't fit the needs of anyone. As a 100% Ps4 player of 7 Days to Die, I can't play this game with my Girlfriend and My little sister and other friend because there isn't 4 player local or 2-4 player online, (meaning I can't play locally with My girlfriend on one side while the other 2 are on another Playstation playing with us.) What is so hard to make it local 2 player online? Other games do it with 16 other players and 7 Days to Die has 4 player online as is, a little tweaking can make it happen.

Actually, this doesn't fit the needs of anyone. As a 100% Ps4 player of 7 Days to Die, I can't play this game with my Girlfriend and My little sister and other friend because there isn't 4 player local or 2-4 player online, (meaning I can't play locally with My girlfriend on one side while the other 2 are on another Playstation playing with us.) What is so hard to make it local 2 player online? Other games do it with 16 other players and 7 Days to Die has 4 player online as is, a little tweaking can make it happen.

Other games have nowhere near the system requirements of a full 3D Voxel game. Your little console doesn't have the RAM or CPU capability to do what you're asking.

Details on that are here in the sticky thread.

Soooo Ark Survival just isn't a game then in your eyes? Also, there's a game called No Man's Sky which just recently added the multiplayer update. Both 3D building/survival and crafting almost exactly like 7DTDs. What is your godly answer for them being able to do multiplayer?

Neither are 3D Voxel games. They have nowhere near the CPU or RAM requirements that 7 Days does. All they need is a good GPU.

You obviously didn't grasp an understanding of the difference between 3D Voxels with SI calculations and 2D graphics. Even though it was thoroughly explained even with videos in that sticky thread.

Sticky: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP

You want some even deeper detail, give this thread a read.

Right here I do some number calculations to show you basically why true 3D Voxels require some much more RAM and CPU processing.

Here, it's expanded on a little bit more.

It's not like I haven't made all of this information readily available for you guys to read, and to learn exactly why this game is so limited on your game consoles.

Soooo Ark Survival just isn't a game then in your eyes? Also, there's a game called No Man's Sky which just recently added the multiplayer update. Both 3D building/survival and crafting almost exactly like 7DTDs. What is your godly answer for them being able to do multiplayer?

Can you dig anywhere or destroy everything in those games? No! But in 7 Days to Die you can.

So is the "bug reports" section pretty much just a dead thread? I'm guessing so since that was Clare's main job.

Unless one of the lucky 25 from TellTale pop in to check the thread....which i'm doubting.

I would say depending on if the update is still happening or not. If the update still happens then the bugs will pretty much become new bugs because of the rebuilding the engine. They are not going to fix something when it is going to change. It would be something for them to look at to see if it is happening or not but that is about it.

Based on what been said I'm pretty sure the update will happen but not sure when. But with that said lets just say no more update then I would say it would still need to be active unless noone is going to be releasing any patches of any kind. Then it would be a dead thread anyway. But as said based on what has been said I doubt it will be dropped all together.

I'm sure once everything is straightened out and they move forward with things then someone will most likely be looking into the bug section. They may or may not be active and talk in it like Clare but I'm sure someone will be at least looking at it.

Archived