Which is the more important main feature of the game VIII  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the more important main feature of the game VIII

• Fortitude
    • Agility
    • Strength
    • Perception
    • Intellect

Fair enough...still, nobody is going to choose Intellect for this poll since "social interactions" is all we have to go on.

Well for A17 we know that social interactions will control trades and also available quests. I wouldn't say nobody is excited about those aspects of the game. In the future we know there will be factions and NPC communities. Joel said specifically that if someone didn't want to have to fight zombies all the time they could join a community where they would be 100% safe from zombies. It might take some social interaction to make that happen. The attributes are designed to allow for different playstyles. Someone who hones their stealth skills to the max by really going strong in the guiding attribute for that might even be able to be undetectable on a blood moon night if that is the way they want to play.

I remember this distinctly because Madmole corrected me when I was telling people that TFP wanted there to be threats everywhere.

Social interaction won't be exciting for you and many others. But it will be there for some who will really get into playing the game by trading and questing and then later by progressing in one faction or another. Those people will vote for social interaction.

Social interaction won't be exciting for you and many others. But it will be there for some who will really get into playing the game by trading and questing and then later by progressing in one faction or another. Those people will vote for social interaction.

Well, generally true, but how much social interaction do you think will be possible to get into the game in the remaining time until A17 hits? Not that much is my guess. And your poll IS specifically about the first playthrough of A17.

For A17, as I said, trading and questing. Lots of people like to use the trader and get to a point where they can get ultra rare items from him. Quests are coming to A17 and they are initiated by socially interacting with NPCs.

Factions and communities are later, true.

i actually disagree with those of u that voted agility as early game it will be helpful but late game useless as minibike and sexy trex unless their nerfing it <.< dont u dare roland :p

Nerfing for balance is Gazz’s superpower. Mine is banning people who call him an SOB for doing it...

For A17, as I said, trading and questing. Lots of people like to use the trader and get to a point where they can get ultra rare items from him. Quests are coming to A17 and they are initiated by socially interacting with NPCs.

Factions and communities are later, true.

really later? I am already ready waiting another year for an update

I wonder when will get anything which contains some late game content. I don't see myself playing vanilla for more than 50 hours without getting bored and waiting for new mods to come out. I hope I am wrong and we get some sort of end game in A17.

Intelligence for sure, I would expect it is the key to unlocking advanced recipes. Deception also comes to mind, so stealth and social make sense to come under int. Repair skills too.

Fortitude should be the main factor for stamina, not Agility, tho no reason they both can't affect it. It would no doubt also encompass health regen, and probably food and water requirements, and damage tolerance

Agility I would expect to cover speed increases, weapon aim modifiers (ranged) and defensive skills like dodging and armor defense.

Strength is obvious, more physical damage

Perception seems the weakest option to me. Loot influences sure, but what else? maybe aiming?

I would have gone with a few different options, but it's nice there is only 5 because that means I get to mod in all my extras :)

- - - Updated - - -

really later? I am already ready waiting another year for an update

I wonder when will get anything which contains some late game content. I don't see myself playing vanilla for more than 50 hours without getting bored and waiting for new mods to come out. I hope I am wrong and we get some sort of end game in A17.

that seems unlikely, they are still building systems so content before the systems are complete (or at least working) is not how most devs tend to work.

Perception seems the weakest option to me. Loot influences sure, but what else? maybe aiming?

Probably tied into stealth. Either directly increasing your stealth, or certainly letting you know when you're actually hidden. Arguably agility would also tie into stealth, but this would be a question of whether your ability to tiptoe and pirouette across a room was more important than your ability to notice the squeaky floorboards, or the dormant zombie under the desk...

-Morloc

Vanilla is for new players, you are advanced. At a miminum you need loot drop probability dailed down to 25% or 50% and/or a mod with a slower progression. AND that means definitely not WotW which is just a loot bonanza.

If you still want to play with the group you would need to find some compromise. Maybe just wait a bit and educate them, then start something like valmod.

That's the only compromise they'll accept... Even for the last year. I tried getting them into Starvation which I like a lot, but they're still stuck on Valmod. :( I got the girls at least playing WotW's lol But whenever they say that its too easy (which they often do) I keep pushing for Starvation... Heck! I can't even get them to try the Mod Launcher!

Someone who hones their stealth skills to the max by really going strong in the guiding attribute for that might even be able to be undetectable on a blood moon night if that is the way they want to play.

I remember this distinctly because Madmole corrected me when I was telling people that TFP wanted there to be threats everywhere.

This is a very welcome addition to the game - a new (and pretty different) way to play that has not been possible before.

When factions arrive, social interactions will be more valuable to all solo players who don't like lone wolf style. And probably there's other stuff associated with intelligence besides social interaction...

Well, the most important part would be making us care for these attributes. This includes tuning how difficult will be to raise them/acquire them (hopefully they will not include the typical temporary boost buffs - spamming coffee etc), how impactful they will be to these stats, how intuitively they will affect them (e.g. agility in vanilla F3 increased bullet damage while w/ certain mods it raised accuracy - which made much more sense imo), whether specialization will be possible and beneficial for every single (at least most) of these choices (everyone being a jack of all trades will make them pointless) and how dying/debuffs will be linked to them.

These are the things I am concerned about mostly.

Archived