[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

Don't most people do most of their gaming in the winter? It's summer time. It's time to go out and survive for real in the wilderness. IMO I think they should have released the update it the winter. Then more people would play it right when it comes out.

I don't play much games in the summer. Here in alaska it only lasts for three months, kinda gotta take advantage of everyday you can.

If EA did that there would be riots.

If EA made this game, each patch would have required payment.

Side note, EA doesn't spend time on a risk. They prefer to pump a sure thing. Copy and paste with a new wrapper and a new number. If EA was actually in charge of this game, development would have been shut down for it.

I like how the pc side people actually have discussions. The console side is like a hornets nest.

Well the difference is night and Day. PC is still getting things. New vehicles, new enemies, updated in game chat options with NPCs, and small bits of story just to name a few. Here we are on console 3 almost 4 months after being told we'd have a new update with no specifics.

It's not like I can blame them for that though. If they say, "we were working to get this in the game." And then system requirements keep it from happening, then people will be pissed. Granted a "sorry its taking so long, we need a bit more time." Would be nice. Something to let us know we the ball hasn't been dropped and kicked into a dark corner to be forgotten.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course they are. But why would you release a game on hardware that can't handle it?

Well I don't believe it was a plan the Fun Pimps had. Telltale decided they liked the idea and wanted to get it ported. I get the feeling that when Telltale pushed for it, they jumped in without knowing about the system requirements like most of the people coming here to complain.

Kinda start in to look like a cash grab....

A cash grab..? This game has no microtransactions for in game currency. Every single update dropped has been a free update, even the updates that added new content. The only thing that draws in any extra funds are skins that you don't have to buy. And even that is only in console.

Grand Theft Auto Onlinenisna cash grab. That game puts out free updates with cars and guns that cost more than you can earn grinding. That pushes their shark cards, which the most expensive one of those no longer gives enough ingame currency to buy everything in pnenipdate before the next one drops. That is a cash grab.

EA is a cash grab. I dont think I even need to go into more detail for this one.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't most people do most of their gaming in the winter? It's summer time. It's time to go out and survive for real in the wilderness. IMO I think they should have released the update it the winter. Then more people would play it right when it comes out.

I don't play much games in the summer. Here in alaska it only lasts for three months, kinda gotta take advantage of everyday you can.

I prefer to stay air conditioned myself..

- - - Updated - - -

I prefer to stay air conditioned myself..

At the same time, for a game as old as this as not so well recieved, it would be better to drop an update now as opposed to winter when bigger more anticipated games drop.

Not talking about microtransactions. They game is barely playable on xbox that's what I mean. Constant crashing, levels being reset, bases being reset because I dig in the ground. Having to do a hard reset every time the game crashes just so I don't lose my hard work. Even then, like this last time that I just reported, it happened anyway. And no support for these issues that have been in the game since the beginning of the console version.

Not talking about microtransactions. They game is barely playable on xbox that's what I mean. Constant crashing, levels being reset, bases being reset because I dig in the ground. Having to do a hard reset every time the game crashes just so I don't lose my hard work. Even then, like this last time that I just reported, it happened anyway. And no support for these issues that have been in the game since the beginning of the console version.

This guy kind of has a point though you have to admit. I once played console loved the game but the issues were unbearable so i bought a new pc and played the game there instead....... Conspiracy?! ;)

I jest, but i do feel for the console guys they got sold a bad deal.

A publisher is in it to get the most money out of a given product.

What (money) are you giving to the publisher to make it want to pay for more development?

Any demands or expectations surrounding the console version revolve around that question.

I'm not trying to be mean here or spilling any secrets. It's just how the real world works.

A publisher is in it to get the most money out of a given product.

What (money) are you giving to the publisher to make it want to pay for more development?

Any demands or expectations surrounding the console version revolve around that question.

I'm not trying to be mean here or spilling any secrets. It's just how the real world works.

Oh ♥♥♥♥ him for wanting a stable playing experience? Bull♥♥♥♥.

Gazz also has a point, though. We all need to remember that IG is still just a group of people who have mouths to feed, mortgages to pay, etc. I agree that they should be trying to provide the best product they can but how do you know they're not actually doing that? Do you know how to fix the MD5 errors? If they were easy to fix do you not think that they would have already? They have made a lot of progress towards trying to make the game more stable and IG have not charged a cent for any updates that they have provided. While I get that the games stability is frustrating for many here, please do bear this in mind.

As an aside, I have never experienced an MD5 error. The game did crash after about 2.5 hours of multiplay, but that was some time ago and I haven't seen it happen much recently. I have to admit that, these days, I play a lot of single player 7DTD and I don;t do extensive restructuring of the landscape. I tend to upgrade existing POI's rather than build my own. Maybe this is the reason for the apparent stability I have experienced. I have made some reasonable modifications to the prison, such as gutting the interior space, double lining the exterior walls, closing off ground floor entry/exit and constructing a drawbridge. Got a small farm going on the inside too. It's not extensive mods but it has created a nice safe home for me.

Perhaps it's this lack of terrain modification, maybe I'm just lucky. I don't know. What I do know is that I paid a mere $40-odd for this game and am still enjoying hours of fun playing it (on Xbox). I'm hanging out for the new update as much as all of you are and, if our suspicions are correct about its content, I'm very excited about it. I really would like to come to this site, though, and see more constructive posts than pages and pages of complaining. We get it; your unhappy. Instead of just talking about it, do something about it. Play something else while we await the update, keep playing with the situation as it stands for now, give up on 7DTD entirely, whatever, just please let's try to make these forums the fun, enjoyable place they were when I joined them.

Peace to you all and may your apocalypse be grand.

Lol. Wouldn't you want your project to be the best it could be so you sell the most you can? You kinda proved my point.

Thing is it's not Telltales product but they sure wanted the most money they could get out of it. You would have thought they would have done some testing before releasing it on console to see whether it actually runs ok. Or at least that is what i would have expected them to do but alass they did not. Just a shame TFP name is attached to this mess.

Can't wait

I'm so glad to see you guys are still working at to bring new content to the console. I put many hours into the last summer update. Can't wait to see the great news things you guys bring us this year.

i think he ment like COD, focusing on money and practically making the players buy in-game currency to do/get other things in the game and not focusing on the actual gameplay of the game.

Which would make sense if 7 Days actually did all that. With ecxeption of a few character skins, the game is pretty much lacking in all other pay for in-game stuff aspects.

Thing is it's not Telltales product but they sure wanted the most money they could get out of it. You would have thought they would have done some testing before releasing it on console to see whether it actually runs ok. Or at least that is what i would have expected them to do but alass they did not. Just a shame TFP name is attached to this mess.

Personally, I think Telltale had a similar issue when they released the game that the people who keep claiming 7 Days and other survival games like Ark or Rust "have the same mechanics" when they complain. 7 Days is a voxel game, one where the entire environment can be destroyed. Every tree, every rock, every house, and even the groung. That's a lot of stuff to keep track of and to update the statis of. 7 Days is very process heavy, most of those other games aren't.

This is just a guess on my part, but I'm willing to be Telltale didn't have a good grasp on what voxel games were. Just like those who compare it to Ark and the like don't understand it.

Any way we can get a time frame for the next update yet? My friend and I love this game, but there's only so much of doing the same thing one can take. It doesn't help much either when I try to tell other friends about the game and they get excited when they watch pc players and I have to explain that the console is so far behind just turns them away. Please don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to sound naggy, I just want to be on somewhat the same playing field as pc. Even just new locations would be nice to have.

And at the level of adding dedicated servers? Do you have more or less long term to add ??

Because for me, it's the multi-player that interests me (PvP and bunker raid) ...

Currently doing PvP 4 players is not very practical given the size of the map ...

I am fully aware that this at a cost, but it could bring a wind of freshness to the console version and a little more difficulty, because we should protect ourselves against zombies and against other players (for PvP servers, not for PvE)

Please give us the option to disable mines! I played for 2 hours but died by a mine in the snowland. That is unfair:miserable: I will wait now till the updates comes out :cocksure:

Turning all dangers off is a good way to remain Un-Beatable lmao

Archived