[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

and im sorry but-no matter how hard the work is, no matter how confusing and difficult it becomes, a timeline can be formed-changed-altered-and no it wont cause the public to rage and panic...you would likely form a better following and quiet down this forum with negativity. you dont know til you try. you just assume.

The thing is they did try this a few times in the pc section and even to this day they still get people complaining/raging about things. Yes the developers are more active over on the pc side but the console developers are not active in the forums they have one or two people they send word to for them to post here. Anyway just saying they have tried.

People will rage no matter what. More communication is better the less communication. I agree with Infamy1, the team said an update will be out by the end of the year. I don't think a monthly update is unrealistic, even if that update is we have no update. There is a time table being followed, and I am sure if it needs to be changed it does. Not sure why we cant be kept in that loop. Actually hearing from those working on the game is better then hearing from all of us players. I am assuming Crazywildfire and Sylenthunder don't work for 7DTD in any official form. Although I do enjoy reading their posts because it is some information.

People will rage no matter what. More communication is better the less communication. I agree with Infamy1, the team said an update will be out by the end of the year. I don't think a monthly update is unrealistic, even if that update is we have no update. There is a time table being followed, and I am sure if it needs to be changed it does. Not sure why we cant be kept in that loop. Actually hearing from those working on the game is better then hearing from all of us players. I am assuming Crazywildfire and Sylenthunder don't work for 7DTD in any official form. Although I do enjoy reading their posts because it is some information.

Correct. Crazywildfire is just a regular member like yourself. I'm a forum mod, and have additional experience that allows me to give more detailed information on some things. I still don't get any more information on the console that you guys get. I have made requests for some things, like the config files currently in use, but console developers are notoriously tight-lipped when it comes to giving information.

In part it's due to years of business practices in the console market since the Atari/Commodore days, and partially due to the changes social media has brought to the industry.

The content on the console version!!!!

Everyones happy to recieve the patches that fix the bugs, but we are all wondering when are yall going to catch up to the pc version? We all love the game, we all love the idea. As customers, it seems that we are being left out! It's in understanding that its a long process to push out an update. It seems that we are neglected. Those that play the pc version, and those that watch the pc version being broadcast all know that the pc version is better than the console version. What it looks like is TFP have 2 children. 1 child they make very fat. Feed it anything and everything it wants, and the other just get the scraps. I paid $60 for 2 copies so that I could play the game on both of my consoles, on and offline of the psn. I liked the game that much, that I paid for 2 copies. For a while, I was trying to recommend it to my friends, but as time pushed on, I kind of regreted buying 2 copies after I have seen the pc version! It not your fault that I bought 1 copies, but it is your fault to neglect the console version! We all are paying customers, and we all would like to be treated fairly as you pc customers! I love the game, and it has a lot of potiential, but it should be expanded. I played this game all summer 2017! This was my game of the summer, but I really did get bored! Now Im looking forward to Rust coming to the PS4! Its a similar game, but better graphics, and hopefully more content, and stuff to do! Your competitors are being breed, and they will take this market if yall dont step up and get on your game!

Everyones happy to recieve the patches that fix the bugs, but we are all wondering when are yall going to catch up to the pc version? We all love the game, we all love the idea. As customers, it seems that we are being left out! It's in understanding that its a long process to push out an update. It seems that we are neglected. Those that play the pc version, and those that watch the pc version being broadcast all know that the pc version is better than the console version. What it looks like is TFP have 2 children. 1 child they make very fat. Feed it anything and everything it wants, and the other just get the scraps. I paid $60 for 2 copies so that I could play the game on both of my consoles, on and offline of the psn. I liked the game that much, that I paid for 2 copies. For a while, I was trying to recommend it to my friends, but as time pushed on, I kind of regreted buying 2 copies after I have seen the pc version! It not your fault that I bought 1 copies, but it is your fault to neglect the console version! We all are paying customers, and we all would like to be treated fairly as you pc customers! I love the game, and it has a lot of potiential, but it should be expanded. I played this game all summer 2017! This was my game of the summer, but I really did get bored! Now Im looking forward to Rust coming to the PS4! Its a similar game, but better graphics, and hopefully more content, and stuff to do! Your competitors are being breed, and they will take this market if yall dont step up and get on your game!

The PC and any console are completely different. I have both and can tell you hardware is the difference. I understand why console is so tight lipped now.

I don't think you have read anything based on what you wrote.

Not sure why I'm going to say this again after myself and not sure how many others have said this. It you are blaming the developers of the PC version when they don't have much to do with the console version. You are 100% right they are neglecting the console over the PC. But hey for the million times said they are not working on the console version so why are you blaming them? What good is it going to do? None what so ever. TFP work on PC and PC only... IG and TT have the console version and only the console version they do not work on the PC version. This info is all over the place.

Also the information is about why the console and PC are different is all over the place. PC = Alpha and console = full finished game. That means PC of course is going to keep getting more things and updates because alpha means working on the game still. The console version is a finished game meaning they do not have to give us anymore updates. If that makes you salty then I suggest 2 things. Know what you are buying and once you know then buy a PC because you will be better off.

One last thing have not looked into Rust much so can't say one way or the other right now. But ark and conan exiles have better graphics also but they are not 100% voxel game. Assuming Rust isn't 100% voxel game either so if that is the case I would hope it does have better graphics if not then this day of age they would be ripping you off. But I would about place money that you will not get a game on the current consoles look better and play better that is 100% voxel then what you have with 7dtd. Not saying this game doesn't have problems because it does but no game out for console that is this good that is 100% voxel game.

Anyway good luck getting IG or TT to pass more information then the way they been doing because it most likely isn't going to happen. When they are ready for us to know they will tell us. It sucks but it is what it is nothing anyone can do about it. This game isn't the only game.

"Us console players."

Oh, Thank Christ. You guys haven't forgotten about us console players. I was a little worried you kinda gave up on us. As long as I KNOW you guys are working on updates for the console, I don't care if I have to wait 10 years for it.

As well for some updates, I think you guys should add some modern cars, like civilian transport, emergency vehicles, and military vehicles, as well as aircrafts and boats. I know this may be a little too much, but if you guys think you can work this one out, this can make quite alot of people happy. At least I think, anyway.

-Nine Tailed Fox

Oh, Thank Christ. You guys haven't forgotten about us console players. I was a little worried you kinda gave up on us. As long as I KNOW you guys are working on updates for the console, I don't care if I have to wait 10 years for it.

As well for some updates, I think you guys should add some modern cars, like civilian transport, emergency vehicles, and military vehicles, as well as aircrafts and boats. I know this may be a little too much, but if you guys think you can work this one out, this can make quite alot of people happy. At least I think, anyway.

-Nine Tailed Fox

:nono: Ask Sony to build a better console first.

Thank You

Thank you Clare and the & 7 days team. This is and will be my all time favorite game and im super excited about this news. I have always tried to report bugs to you not to moan groan and complain like alot of people but to help you make the game better. Thank you for 7 days to die and thank you for all of your hard work.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

I think it would be a good idea to go telling, or even showing, what the next update will bring. In the same way that PC does the previews of Alpha 17

Exactly

They clearly don’t care about us as much as they care about pc there team talks and shares things with there players

Why can’t we get something that pc don’t have make them wait a bloody year for or better yet make them done by the same team

Exactly

They clearly don’t care about us as much as they care about pc there team talks and shares things with there players

Why can’t we get something that pc don’t have make them wait a bloody year for or better yet make them done by the same team

This question and more are answered in the sticky thread.....

[h=3] Sticky: When Will the Console Version Have _______?[/h]

Exactly

Might do you some good to understand what you’re talking about before just yapping away.

Obviously you didn't based on the garbage you posted.

On-topic.... Update Please!! any news is good news. It's been a few months since this was announced. Hints please!

How is it garbage it’s true the console team isn’t interactive as pc team this game has gone down hill never knew s buggier game and Iv played ark intact ark has more support than this bull of a game second bo4 comes out 7s gunna lose players

- - - Updated - - -

Rip this game with its constant crashes when ppl join and disconnects , face it guys this game is done :/ i lost hope for console version

Yep you’re 10000000% right on that

So if they are done with this game get over it. Not the first good game to go the way of the wind.

I don't believe they are done, just taking a long time to try and fix this mess.

Patience.

Rip this game with its constant crashes when ppl join and disconnects , face it guys this game is done :/ i lost hope for console version

A simple fix i discovered is to just exit and restart your game every hour, hour and a half. that prevents the crashes. And if you somehow do still crash, just delete the recent save data, you may lose 1-5 minutes of data but atleast any corrupt data is removed aswell :02.47-tranquillity:

Archived