[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

For real. Like how later this year? It’s a bit annoying tbh

Man we only 5 months in they still got 7 months to go, by 6 months and 30 days they will probably say "ye hi gut we still working on update, we'll give you more information next year" :p

I just played and streamed a good 4 hrs without any problems... oh yeah! I play on SONY PS4 PRO so I don't have any of those MS XBOX problems... and there you go... XBOX is the one reason we don't have anything nice...

Yeah xbox is broke. And here I am playing my shiny new X. Well it loads a hell of alot faster after the MD5s.

Hey zombie slayers

We have no control over speeding them up with it most likely they work on it on their spare time and they don’t care to much for giving to many updates to the console what gets me about the whole team is they say there are tons of limitations for the ps4 and that’s why they can’t give us all we need but there are other games with so much more then this game had to offer like ark and no mans sky have tons of graphics and coding in them and they have there own severs is it the limitations it is it them!

We over speeding them up with it most likely they work on it on their spare time and they don’t care to much for giving to many updates to the console what gets me about the whole team is they say there are tons of limitations for the ps4 and that’s why they can’t give us all we need but there are other games with so much more then this game had to offer like ark and no mans sky have tons of graphics and coding in them and they have there own severs is it the limitations it is it them!

You're right. Most of the problems can be blamed on the development of the games, not the consoles or even the engine. At this moment with their horrible render distance, last Gen graphics and unstable structure they should NOT be at the consoles limit. If you don't believe me then you can take a look at how they recently fixed the walking and running animations for humans and stags WITHOUT any additional resources. There's always room for improvement. If it were really console limitations the Xbox and ps4 would completely wash behind the Xbox one X. But they don't, they all process the same problems.

You're right. Most of the problems can be blamed on the development of the games, not the consoles or even the engine. At this moment with their horrible render distance, last Gen graphics and unstable structure they should NOT be at the consoles limit. If you don't believe me then you can take a look at how they recently fixed the walking and running animations for humans and stags WITHOUT any additional resources. There's always room for improvement. If it were really console limitations the Xbox and ps4 would completely wash behind the Xbox one X. But they don't, they all process the same problems.

Read the sticky thread I linked just a page or two ago. The GPU has nothing to do with it. It's the abylmal CPU and RAM used in the consoles that is the issue with 7 Days.

The reason the XB1x doesn't wash away the competition, is because it can't due to the lack of improvement in CPU and RAM. this is also covered in the sticky with exact numbers for hardware specs.

Read the sticky thread I linked just a page or two ago. The GPU has nothing to do with it. It's the abylmal CPU and RAM used in the consoles that is the issue with 7 Days.

The reason the XB1x doesn't wash away the competition, is because it can't due to the lack of improvement in CPU and RAM. this is also covered in the sticky with exact numbers for hardware specs.

You should know by now some people don't read or even if they do they still don't understand. "Oh this game and this game and this game blah blah blah have this and that so this so called limitations they lie about is BS. They obviously don't care they just want to give excuses." This is all they know how to say. They don't think that 7dtd with the 100% voxel compared to the other games they always bring up doesn't count for anything or should hold things back or make things run different. They just want to compare games and not take in the facts of why the games are different. It is like saying why apples and oranges taste and look so different.

As a Software Developer i cant understand why there is a discussion about the Hardware of the XBox / PS4.

I can understand that the content grows (specially in a EA-Titles) and the console may have problems with this fact.

But why releasing a unfinished game (MD5) for two systems and then arguing about the capability of these when adding new content? This has nothing to do with the systems, this has something to do with the project.

I cant understand why someone wants a PC-Version stuffed with content and a console version that is almost 3-major versions behind.

Im not arguing about the fun i had, i almost spend about 400 hours playing with my wife but i just hate the fact

i spend more money for 7D2D on console than on steam (and ofc the major-version problem).

I like to have people join my game and do their own thing , having to disconnect every hour wouldnt help . Have you ever joined a random lobby and found really good stuff only to be disconnected and never EVER finding that same server again? it gets tiresome after a while and its killing off players.

Auto save

This is m'i first post and dons want to be like mister knows everything but it seems to me that the problem are corrupted saves because of the auto save that happens when you're doing something maybe a little heavy for doing it and the game saving a the same time shouldn't they just get rid of the auto save system and make us save the game manually... Just a thought

This is m'i first post and dons want to be like mister knows everything but it seems to me that the problem are corrupted saves because of the auto save that happens when you're doing something maybe a little heavy for doing it and the game saving a the same time shouldn't they just get rid of the auto save system and make us save the game manually... Just a thought

You must be playing Xbox. The not being able to save manually is a microsoft call. The PS4 can be saved outside the game. As far as in game saves it is not going to happen. But a copy save would also work to stop MD5s, you would have to use 2 save spots though.

you all need to learn how pc's work, and how games work before you start stating facts as if you know what you're talking about......

- - - Updated - - -

As a Software Developer i cant understand why there is a discussion about the Hardware of the XBox / PS4.

I can understand that the content grows (specially in a EA-Titles) and the console may have problems with this fact.

But why releasing a unfinished game (MD5) for two systems and then arguing about the capability of these when adding new content? This has nothing to do with the systems, this has something to do with the project.

I cant understand why someone wants a PC-Version stuffed with content and a console version that is almost 3-major versions behind.

Im not arguing about the fun i had, i almost spend about 400 hours playing with my wife but i just hate the fact

i spend more money for 7D2D on console than on steam (and ofc the major-version problem).

I honestly think they shouldn't have released the game on console period, than you'd be on the forums whining about the lack of a console version. You're playing on 8 year old hardware that was outdated when it came out, get over it.

- - - Updated - - -

I like to have people join my game and do their own thing , having to disconnect every hour wouldnt help . Have you ever joined a random lobby and found really good stuff only to be disconnected and never EVER finding that same server again? it gets tiresome after a while and its killing off players.

This game is co-op, not massive multiplayer. make some friends? they wont have a hard time finding you would they? i mean, its 4 players, thats co op.

- - - Updated - - -

You should know by now some people don't read or even if they do they still don't understand. "Oh this game and this game and this game blah blah blah have this and that so this so called limitations they lie about is BS. They obviously don't care they just want to give excuses." This is all they know how to say. They don't think that 7dtd with the 100% voxel compared to the other games they always bring up doesn't count for anything or should hold things back or make things run different. They just want to compare games and not take in the facts of why the games are different. It is like saying why apples and oranges taste and look so different.

it's like beating a dead horse man, the majority of console players don't understand how pc's work, they are just fed 130 dollar AAA games that are static and look "pretty" which is laughable, considering it console, and it's a 8 year old outdated machine. they don't understand that 30 dollar vox doesn't equal a 130 dollar shooter. oh and ark, what a laugh, have fun paying for its buggy mp and dlc. really worth that AAA price for half a game, but hey, it's shiny right, that's all that matter.

Kinda start in to look like a cash grab....

Oh FFS, what do you think making video games is? You think it's some sort of magnanimous gesture to "gamers" for philanthropic purposes? To do what, get tax credits? Every video game ever released was just a "cash grab" and if you rhink otherwise you're deluding yourself.

I think The Fun Pimps should build a console to run their game. It would blow the competition out of the water. Oh how the developers would flock console and PC alike. Dreams,dreams.

To all the haters. I'm 50 and grew up in an era where a quarter got you 2 minutes, 5 if you were good. MD5s another quarter. Updates,huh.

Be grateful you have a machine and electric to power it.

Play games that make you happy.

This is the newest update from Clair made in another thread you can check her recent comments by clicking on her name. It was made 2 days ago.

Hi Jerm,

Unfortunately the team have been very tight lipped about the next update and the progress they have made so far or what it will contain. Though I am looking into getting an update from them for the community I do not know how soon that will be or how much information will be given.

Of course they are. But why would you release a game on hardware that can't handle it?

See man, I've been in a bit of a 7 day bubble the last couple weeks until a game breaking bug shook me up.

I bought the game thinking of the endless possibilities in the future and to support smaller developers - and I thought to myself, "how cool would it be for 7d2d to have electricity? Tame animals? Good multiplayer? Fishing? Industry? Traps and crafted custom weapons? Man that would be an awesome game."

Then I had an epiphany: games like ark, dayz, pubg, fortnite, fallout, rust and about a dozen others already have that stuff so why aren't I playing them?

I stopped pre ordering ages ago I think this has soured me on early stage games too. I could absolutely forgive these kinds of things if it was sold to me as an alpha but it was sold as a completed product and the bug that got me has been in review for over 2 years.

!!!2 years!!!!

Then I heard about the MD5 bug for Xbox players and holy cow.

That's completely unacceptable. Make any excuse you want, suck up as hard as you possibly can, CYA all day and blame the big evil console companies even though other games with similar mechanics work just fine but at the end of the day if I sold you a product that self destructed every few hours or few days you'd want your money back and you'd never ever buy from me again.

Especially if you told me the thing self destructed and you hadn't heard back from me for over 2 years except for me to say, 'aw yeah, it just does that sometimes. But don't worry I'm doing something pretty awesome that I'll be willing to tell you about in nine months."

I'm sure everyone involved is an awesome individual and they certainly have a vision that resonated with a lot of people but they might have bit off more than they could chew. I wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors but hopefully this serves as a learning opportunity for a lot of people, myself included.

They should offer refunds or at least credit towards another game. You can't ship a game with multiple game breakers and sit on it for 2 years.

If EA did that there would be riots.

Take care.

Oh FFS, what do you think making video games is? You think it's some sort of magnanimous gesture to "gamers" for philanthropic purposes? To do what, get tax credits? Every video game ever released was just a "cash grab" and if you rhink otherwise you're deluding yourself.
i think he ment like COD, focusing on money and practically making the players buy in-game currency to do/get other things in the game and not focusing on the actual gameplay of the game.

Archived