[02/08] Message from the Team

Clare

I think devs can work now more efficiently without having a hype (or freight ? xD) train to deal with.

We won't be left behind, that's what matter.

Please give the devs enough time to program the update and debug it correctly.

You know, i really wish people could read and understand the language that they supposedly "speak." The guy said NOTHING about there being no further updates. He simply stated that, as console players, we purchased a "final" product; which means the devs are not obligated to add additional content if they DON'T WANT TO. Never said they wouldn't, just said they didn't have to.

Au contraire!

Then let me quote the part he stated "you can expect NO MORE updates"

However you spin that, it is an absolute statement which remains contrary to the fact that the op stated we can expect content this year, at some point.

Granted, I did get the point about what you are ENTITLED to, but that final paragraph does not say that.

If he didnt mean that, fair enough

Clarity is everything.

Oh, and no, us on console havent exactly bought a final product. When I bought it on ps4 it had the description that it wasnt final and to expect changes, bugs and the like.

So, it fails both in fact and in comprehension.

The fact remains we CAN expect further content, alarge one at that, some time this year, contrary to his claims. End of.

Oh and before you go making crass accusations again, just be extra sure youre not wrong yourself. Im happy to admit I may be wrong, especially as im a professional writer (albeit old and grizzly now), but there is no way his statement is so clear as to be taken the way you claimed only.

Au contraire!

However you spin that, it is an absolute statement.

Granted, I did get the point about what you are ENTITLED to, but that final paragraph does not say that.

If he didnt mean that, fair enough

yes, he used the word "expect." as in don't expect any updates. as in "lower your expectations" because they aren't guaranteed. yes, the post says an update is coming "later this year." but you shouldn't EXPECT something that isn't required by the devs.

Im sorry, but you seem to be missing my point.

What he meant by "expect" in the parts you are referring to is irrelevant, as I didnt address that.

I addressed the claims I quoted ONLY. Namely, his claim that there were no further updates we should expect, and that anything forthcoming would be paid dlc.

He CLEARLY stated this, without any ambiguity.

So, I asked for evidence to this claim as it runs contrary to what the devs have said. That is all.

Please stop trying to make this something more than this is, and claiming I dont know basic english comprehension.

Claims always stand on their own merits. He made THAT claim to which I queried for more evidence.

I dont care if he further went on about the fashion habits of deepwater cod. I addressed that claim ONLY.

Again if he didnt mean that, or he has some information to add, he can respond either way.

Shall we please leave it at that?

Oh and as regards expecting something the devs arent required to provide? Thats complete nonsense in regard to a statement they made about an update. If they publicise their intent, then it SHOULD be expected. Thats how it works. This is basic business and economics. Im sorry if youre not aware of this.

If they werent sure, they would simply say nothing. In fact, theres considerable legal precedent for this.

First one I can recall was back in the early 80s, when Mattel were selling the intellivision. They had publicised they were going to release a keyboard and a BASIC interpreter cartridge. People bought the console based on this. Much later they stated they were dropping the idea. The were forced, legally, to turn it out in the end. Granted, it wasnt much cop, but thats besides the point.

Then, to take it to a more recent case, No Mans Sky. Sean Murray promised a number of things which didnt end up in the game at the point of release. This quite rightly warranted a legal refund, even for providers like sony.

So, sorry, but both legally and morally, if someone states x is going to happen you absolutely should expect it. And as 7DTD was released early access, this underlines it even more.

Im sorry, but you seem to be missing my point.

What he meant by "expect" in the parts you are referring to is irrelevant, as I didnt address that.

I addressed the claims I quoted ONLY. Namely, his claim that there were no further updates we should expect, and that anything forthcoming would be paid dlc.

He CLEARLY stated this, without any ambiguity.

So, I asked for evidence to this claim as it runs contrary to what the devs have said. That is all.

Please stop trying to make this something more than this is, and claiming I dont know basic english comprehension.

Claims always stand on their own merits. He made THAT claim to which I queried for more evidence.

I dont care if he further went on about the fashion habits of deepwater cod. I addressed that claim ONLY.

Again if he didnt mean that, or he has some information to add, he can respond either way.

Shall we please leave it at that?

Oh and as regards expecting something the devs arent required to provide? Thats complete nonsense in regard to a statement they made about an update. If they publicise their intent, then it SHOULD be expected. Thats how it works. This is basic business and economics. Im sorry if youre not aware of this.

If they werent sure, they would simply say nothing. In fact, theres considerable legal precedent for this.

First one I can recall was back in the early 80s, when Mattel were selling the intellivision. They had publicised they were going to release a keyboard and a BASIC interpreter cartridge. People bought the console based on this. Much later they stated they were dropping the idea. The were forced, legally, to turn it out in the end. Granted, it wasnt much cop, but thats besides the point.

Then, to take it to a more recent case, No Mans Sky. Sean Murray promised a number of things which didnt end up in the game at the point of release. This quite rightly warranted a legal refund, even for providers like sony.

So, sorry, but both legally and morally, if someone states x is going to happen you absolutely should expect it. And as 7DTD was released early access, this underlines it even more.

well, firstly, i was not referring to any specific update, just updates in the gaming world in general. i will take the blame for that because, no, i did not explain that very well. Simply stated, one should not look forward to ( definition of "expect," btw) anything that is not mandated. And yes, i agree that we shall leave it as it is. I do not wish to get caught up in some long winded argument. I will say no more of this. Good luck.

You're wrong.

You're read my sentence emotionally, missing some key words in it.

So I will explain it.

Please remember my sentence :

You can expect no or few additional features in free updates asyou get what you paid for.

I intended to say "no or few features" and that"s exactly what's I've written.

That's means "none or a few ones".

I did not write "no features".

I just wanted to remind all QQers PC version is officially a separate one, and no one can consider PC features not on console as "missing".

And as 7DTD was released early access, this underlines it even more.

No, it was released on consoles as a final product. Buggy, but final.

It's sold as a finished product of the a14.7 version of the game. What you have, is what was in the PC version at that time. New PC content may or may not be added to the Console version.

EDIT :

Hmm, weird imagination isn't it ?

Just try to stick with reality, and quote real sentences, not imaginary ones.

Free updates are great!

I never buy a game expecting more to come. With this one, I was hopeful that there would be updates because when I researched (watched YouTube videos) I realized that there was so much more in the pc version. I’m excited to find out that there will be more to come and look forward to it. I only bought this game about 6 months ago but have already got so much entertainment from it that I know I got my money’s worth for it. That being said, I look forward to the possibility of electricity, new weapons and or vehicles.

you're wrong.

You're read my sentence emotionally, missing some key words in it.

So i will explain it.

Please remember my sentence :

I intended to say "no or few features" and that"s exactly what's i've written.

That's means "none or a few ones".

I did not write "no features".

I just wanted to remind all qqers pc version is officially a separate one, and no one can consider pc features not on console as "missing".

No, it was released on consoles as a final product. Buggy, but final.

Edit :

Hmm, weird imagination isn't it ?

Just try to stick with reality, and quote real sentences, not imaginary ones.

preach!

Well, @Claire...the PC Version gets Info after info regarding the new A17...

Can we also get some news ?

The PC version is the version still fully in development. The console version has reached its peak due to system limitations. They are attempting to add something big, but it will depend on the optimization to the game engine and what they can get away with as far as the system limitations that come.with consoles.

As far as Clairmproviding more information, she can only provide the information she is supplied and allowed by the team to share. There is no point in asking for more info. If she had ot and could share it there would be a new post.

The PC version is the version still fully in development. The console version has reached its peak due to system limitations. They are attempting to add something big, but it will depend on the optimization to the game engine and what they can get away with as far as the system limitations that come.with console

So you mean we have to wait for the ps to upgrade their intern system to get that big thing they gonna add or what exactly are they waiting for ?! Sorry if that may sound stupid for you...

i don't get why they can't just add "simple" things like a compound bow or some different zombie types (that should be doable with the PS4 system I guess...) to keep us interested or the "hype" this Game deserves alive...

If they release some big new content in the future I would also pay for that like an add on...and I know hunting our lovely Clare won't help either :)

So you mean we have to wait for the ps to upgrade their intern system to get that big thing they gonna add or what exactly are they waiting for ?! Sorry if that may sound stupid for you...

i don't get why they can't just add "simple" things like a compound bow or some different zombie types (that should be doable with the PS4 system I guess...) to keep us interested or the "hype" this Game deserves alive...

If they release some big new content in the future I would also pay for that like an add on...and I know hunting our lovely Clare won't help either :)

Because it's not nearly as simple as you think.

Adding something like the compound bow means adding more game mechanics, more textures, and more code to control it. The system hardware is already at it's very limit on what it is capable of doing, simply because the resources are under-spec for the title. How are you going to add when you have no overhead to work with?

Read this. Please at least take the time to be thorough and try to wrap your head around it. It's kind of detailed, but I dumbed it down as much as I could. Basically 7 Days on the console is like trying to fit a Hemi into a Yugo.

Adding something like the compound bow means adding more game mechanics, more textures, and more code to control it. The system hardware is already at it's very limit on what it is capable of doing, simply because the resources are under-spec for the title. How are you going to add when you have no overhead to work with?

Read this. Please at least take the time to be thorough and try to wrap your head around it. It's kind of detailed, but I dumbed it down as much as I could. Basically 7 Days on the console is like trying to fit a Hemi into a Yugo.

"...It is precisely due to these hardware limitations, that more content is not currently available on the console. In order to add more content to the console game, something will need to be taken away to free resources. Alternatively, the engine will need to be optimized more to use less CPU and RAM in the voxel calculations. It is not an easy balance to maintain..."

answered my question the best I guess...thanks for this helpful input, so I guess i/we keep waiting

Honestly, I'm in agreement with many in regards to glitches being fixed over additional content.

I have zero interest in many of the PC updates, specifically the vehicles, weapon mods. The more I see the PC content, the less it looks like a survival game. I have zero interest in playing 7 Days to GTA.

Personally, I don't care about electricity. As it is, using Light Switch 2 causes my games to crash until I remove them due to the game being unable to handle the shadowing, I can imagine the fallout if I tried to use that new system. No thanks.

I would've loved to seen the Paint system added. I'm currently building a massive island fortress, but didn't use concrete on the house in order to bring some design to it by using cobblestone and adobe. Having the ability to paint would've made this even more epic...

Finally, I would expect that any update coming would introduce the new POI's, and the city Departure on the Navezgane map. There is still one more spot in the Southwest for another city down the road. So if console is already at the brink of limitations, I won't expect to much in terms of additional features.

Can we get the issues fixed. Tired of the error codes.

Hi all,

Below is a message from the console team.

Clare

-------------------

Hi everyone,

First off, our apologies for not communicating recently about what we're working on for the 7 Days to Die console community, but rest assured, we are still supporting this project, and, in fact...have a very large update planned for later this year.

The new updates are going to be very cool but they involve a lot of work - we can't get too into details now since it's still in the early phase but we felt that you all should at least know that we're still working hard on the game and greatly appreciate the continued patience and support of the community.

------------------

Is there a way to fix the issues already here? Like I error out every five minutes it is making me not even want to play the game. No joke like every five minutes. I have tried everything other then starting a new map.

lol id kill for some official word or even a dev diary that is 1% as active as the pc forum. so many "know it alls" in this forum...and defensive people trying to stick up for the game they love.

im not complaining for content.

im not complaining for fixes.

im fully aware of the console limitations thanks to the actual mods of this forum.

ive just never seen so many questions answered by people who seem illegitimate and tend to act like they developed this game themselves. there is alot of 3rd party info getting passed around here due to the lack of official word...

and im sorry but-no matter how hard the work is, no matter how confusing and difficult it becomes, a timeline can be formed-changed-altered-and no it wont cause the public to rage and panic...you would likely form a better following and quiet down this forum with negativity. you dont know til you try. you just assume.

i personally have worked in customer service for years and when humans are told a package is going to be late, or not there at all, they are 10% as angry as the people who call in and have been left in the dark and told nothing.

this may be personal opinion/experience to some extent but again...you do not know until you try.

right now it seems to be filled with rage that the team was obviously trying to avoid in some way.

but honestly i do not have any expectations. except for the rage of 50 replies from people dumping on this post and getting defensive lol.

LOL. I love it when people throw out statements like "so many "know it alls" in this forum".

Usually the person saying this just don't have any kind of an idea of what reality actually is.

Here is some non-3rd-party information for you....

Hint: You should actually try reading the thread linked up above. It's full of "know it all" facts. It's hard data with actual numbered statistics. Not some made-up 3rd-party imaginary facts. This is the real deal.

Oh, and just because I love that SylenThunder put time into doing it. Here's his chart again on the release cycles.

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?80987-02-08-Message-from-the-Team&p=799665&viewfull=1#post799665

Given the avialable data, something big is coming. That last is just a 3rd-Party opinion though. But it's at least an educated one.

Archived