Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@H7dek7i believe its more meant that a trader is like a tier 1 poi and not shelteted from demons, the crops can be made near a lake, or a player irrigation pipe, and for the WRS all the jobs we have done have been all basically the same direction and distance, so i believe its just bad luck that you guys are right at radiation

Hi, I have a problem building drones. I'm already a master in the science class and also have Yeah, Science! at 5/5. So actually I should be able to build tier 51 drones. But I can only build tier 21. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I started the game with B21 and upgraded to B22 but no new game started.

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but I've never seen a vanilla trader in the wasteland in my DF games, so maybe?

My first B22 Opening Trade Routes (for trader, not Scout) leads to a Jen in the wasteland. She's only about 200 meters in, but as far as I could tell it really is the wasteland, not a small patch of other biome or such.

New RWG map for B22, no PEP (I moved the "PEP-POIExpansionPack" out of the mods folder, but as far as I can tell, that shouldn't affect normal trader generation).

(oh, I can see that in 4.1.2 the vanilla traders had  "<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="forest,snow,desert" />", but they don't in B22).

Hello.  To anyone more familiar with this mod, I'd just like to ask if stealth isn't viable at all.  I'm maxed in the stealth skills and yet every single zombie wakes up when I sneak by them in a POI.

Does this mod change the way stealth works?  I've used it very successfully in vanilla.  In darkness falls it appears useless.

Additional question:  Even with 270 health and military armour, I was 1-shotted by some demon who floated down to me.  Obviously my weapon was useless against him.  Do I just need to progress further in story line before I have a chance against them?

On 9/10/2023 at 5:53 AM, WIKKIDJOKER said:

@KhaineGBi know in your stream you said a restart would be recommended as poi had been tweaked. Will it cause a conflict if we dont restart, i have over 60 hrs in this one currently lol have a great game stage

You just wont have the updated POI's.

On 9/10/2023 at 10:18 AM, PoloPoPo said:

Thanks a lot for the new update Khaine!

- (IDC) Added patch to disable zombie crawling because it's janky, broken and causing players to get hit when they really shouldn't.

What does "IDC" stand for? Does that change mean, zombies can't crawl at all anymore? Does that mean they won't crawl in front of hatches and beat through them anymore? That would be awesome.

- Added -50% damage to all zombie hand items (not animals, not bosses) when twatting the player in the head, as getting one shot by an attack you can't really dodge due to colliders is no fun.

Can you explain the meaning of this change more, please? I don't understand what it does. What are "zombie hand items"?

- Removed sewing kits from T5 end loot chests and added workstation tools (like calipers and welding torch) instead.

Not sure if we need more workstation tools in the world. In DF A20 I was swimming in welding torches and calipers and even now in A21 I have found three of each around day 16 which feels alright.

IDC is one of the testers (I don't care. Yes, that's literally his name)

Zombie hand items are the "Weapon" they hit you with that determine damage, debuffs, etc. Like you hitting a zombie with a club.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:25 AM, Similar said:

I don't know if this counts as a bug, but I've never seen a vanilla trader in the wasteland in my DF games, so maybe?

My first B22 Opening Trade Routes (for trader, not Scout) leads to a Jen in the wasteland. She's only about 200 meters in, but as far as I could tell it really is the wasteland, not a small patch of other biome or such.

New RWG map for B22, no PEP (I moved the "PEP-POIExpansionPack" out of the mods folder, but as far as I can tell, that shouldn't affect normal trader generation).

(oh, I can see that in 4.1.2 the vanilla traders had  "<property name="AllowedBiomes" value="forest,snow,desert" />", but they don't in B22).

That's because TFP removed that in A21

13 hours ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

@KhaineGBGood luck on your recovery.

Thanks. I feel like i've been punched in the face. :D

7 hours ago, Fisher said:

Hello.  To anyone more familiar with this mod, I'd just like to ask if stealth isn't viable at all.  I'm maxed in the stealth skills and yet every single zombie wakes up when I sneak by them in a POI.

Does this mod change the way stealth works?  I've used it very successfully in vanilla.  In darkness falls it appears useless.

Additional question:  Even with 270 health and military armour, I was 1-shotted by some demon who floated down to me.  Obviously my weapon was useless against him.  Do I just need to progress further in story line before I have a chance against them?

Stealth is just as viable as vanilla. POI's have triggers for zombies. Nothing we can do about that

4 hours ago, Woodbutcher824 said:

I just noticed that the dye recipes are missing everywhere. I wasn't sure if this was brought up.

image.thumb.png.25c32704fe0644a5d747c8c728a18979.png

They were removed in the latest version due to a vanilla bug with recipes that use "mods" in them.

Ink has it's own recipe without dye now.

@KhaineGB good luck bud i have had dental work done but mostly one or two at a time, cant imagine from that how you feel, hope you have a speedy recovery

think the new update will force me to restart, something corrupted with my base location after b22 and now cant enter the block without spam error codes

Edited by WIKKIDJOKER (see edit history)

47 minutes ago, WIKKIDJOKER said:

@KhaineGB good luck bud i have had dental work done but mostly one or two at a time, cant imagine from that how you feel, hope you have a speedy recovery

think the new update will force me to restart, something corrupted with my base location after b22 and now cant enter the block without spam error codes

I feel like the left side of my face has been used as someone personal punching bag, and the wife says I has some nice bruises.

@KhaineGB Cheers on the alpha 21 test mate!

I've been smashing different plays lately and trying to look for any additional bugs, I'm not sure if it has been brought up yet, but for the older alpha POIs specifically "The Grumpy Residence", the mission activation is in the ground and if you dig to it, the marker doesn't appear. I have yet to find this on any of the present POIs as of yet but this is also the only older POI I have found to have the issue so far. I'll update you if there are any more to be found that you might not be aware of.

https://imgur.com/xOF8E77

https://imgur.com/aJJad5Y

FYI apologies for the links to the images, the insert isn't working for some reason.

21 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I feel like the left side of my face has been used as someone personal punching bag, and the wife says I has some nice bruises.

(NOTE: I am NOT a medical professional; run this past a professional to be safe) If you were prescribed Codeine (aka: Tylenol 3) and it does not seem to be working, you can try to add some Ibuprofen (aka: Advil) and it may help. For myself, after a wisdom tooth removal, Codeine alone seemed entirely ineffective even at the max safe dose on the label. I took 100mg (small dose) of Ibu and it helped a LOT. That said, regular Tylenol (acetaminophen) does almost nothing for my headaches either (could be related).

Waiting for the stable release with baited breath (but take your time, I can wait).

Question:

-is less than 100% XP recommended for a solo player, or is that just a multiplayer thing? (to avoid out of control game stages)

16 hours ago, DrDerp said:

@KhaineGB Cheers on the alpha 21 test mate!

I've been smashing different plays lately and trying to look for any additional bugs, I'm not sure if it has been brought up yet, but for the older alpha POIs specifically "The Grumpy Residence", the mission activation is in the ground and if you dig to it, the marker doesn't appear. I have yet to find this on any of the present POIs as of yet but this is also the only older POI I have found to have the issue so far. I'll update you if there are any more to be found that you might not be aware of.

https://imgur.com/xOF8E77

https://imgur.com/aJJad5Y

FYI apologies for the links to the images, the insert isn't working for some reason.

I'll mention this to the folks working on PEP.

1 hour ago, walkingwounded said:

(NOTE: I am NOT a medical professional; run this past a professional to be safe) If you were prescribed Codeine (aka: Tylenol 3) and it does not seem to be working, you can try to add some Ibuprofen (aka: Advil) and it may help. For myself, after a wisdom tooth removal, Codeine alone seemed entirely ineffective even at the max safe dose on the label. I took 100mg (small dose) of Ibu and it helped a LOT. That said, regular Tylenol (acetaminophen) does almost nothing for my headaches either (could be related).

Waiting for the stable release with baited breath (but take your time, I can wait).

Question:

-is less than 100% XP recommended for a solo player, or is that just a multiplayer thing? (to avoid out of control game stages)

I'm perscribed codeine and an anti-inflammatory for my back pain, so that's actually working very well for the face ache. ;)

100% XP should be fine.

4 hours ago, tscoman98 said:

i dont know if this been brought up

but does anyone else have it to where containers wont open just says that container is unknown

I've never seen that. I've read that there's some long standing multiplayer bug where people suddenly can't interact with containers, but I don't think they get any errors or messages from that.

I would make a clean install of the game and the mod and see if that fixes it (especially if the messages you get are console errors).

Though, I don't know if it could be a problem with A21.2? Khaine is using A21.1 in his videos, so I'm sticking with that version for B22 for now.

Hello everyone!

I have a question/criticism, regarding the POIs that come with this mod.

Is there a way to disable new POIs from spawning and only have vanilla ones instead?
Or better yet, is there a way to filter new POIs by size, author, date of creation, etc. To somehow prevent low quality ones from spawning in the world.

I'll explain why I'm asking this.

Just like Compopack, this mod adds new POIs to the world, and I've noticed that a lot of them are the ones that also exist in Compopack. And just like in Compopack, there's a problem that a lot of these "new" POIs are simply of very poor qiality. Don't get me wrong, some of them are build extrimely well and add much needed variety to the game (mostly the single ones that spawn outside of the cities). But a lot of them simply bring the whole expirience down, because of terrible layout, bad balance, lack of progression, nonsensical enemy placement, etc.

Here's a great example of such POI. This house right here. Also in compoback, and similiraly terrible there.

spacer.png

Here's some examples of awful build quality inside:

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

(Why... why two TVs?)

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also, this house has no progression. All of the doors are locked, there's no keys, the loot placement makes no sense, enemies wake up at the same time... It's a chore to play and a pain to look at. It plays and looks absolutely terrible compared to the vanilla POIs, especially new ones from A20 and A21. And there's a ton of POIs like this in the mod.

That's my personal opinion of course. I guess some folks enjoy these POIs, that's why the author of the mod decided to include them in the game. I understand that, but personally, I feel like this mod (and compopack), could be much, much better, if the author decided to filter out the bad POIs. Some of them are also obviously out of date, as the new textures and models look wrong inside them. The worst part is that the space that these POI are occupying in the world could be used by POI that at least had some effort and talent put into it. Instead, it's a complete waste of space.

So, is there a way to filter out these bad POIs from the world generation? Or, at least, remove new POIs from spawning and leave only vanilla and the new ones that are critical to the gameplay and plot of the mod? It's my first time playing, and I'm absolutely amazed by a lot of the changes that the mod brings to the table. I love a lot of the stuff that Darkness Falls brings to the world of 7 Days to Die, but a lot of the new POIs simply spoil the experience for me.

Many thanks in advance!

Edited by ZykovEddy (see edit history)

2 hours ago, ZykovEddy said:

Is there a way to disable new POIs from spawning and only have vanilla ones instead?

Or better yet, is there a way to filter new POIs by size, author, date of creation, etc. To somehow prevent low quality ones from spawning in the world.

Move the "PEP-POIExpansionPack" folder out of the "Mods" folder and generate a new map. That should give you only vanilla POIs plus the Darkness Falls plot POIs (and ore nodes and such). I've been doing this for the past few V5 versions and it seems to work well enough. I've not had problems with missing DF POIs or other things (might be an idea to check that everything's there before you start playing, though).

I don't think there's an easy way to do the second thing. You probably have to figure out the names of the POIs you want to exclude and then go into Mods\PEP-POIExpansionPack\Config\rwgmixer.xml and comment out any lines containing the names of those POIs. That might be some work.

I've not tried this, so I don't know if it makes things explode, but I don't think it should.

Edited by Similar
Additional hint (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Similar said:

Move the "PEP-POIExpansionPack" folder out of the "Mods" folder and generate a new map. That should give you only vanilla POIs plus the Darkness Falls plot POIs (and ore nodes and such). I've been doing this for the past few V5 versions and it seems to work well enough. I've not had problems with missing DF POIs or other things (might be an idea to check that everything's there before you start playing, though).

I don't think there's an easy way to do the second thing. You probably have to figure out the names of the POIs you want to exclude and then go into Mods\PEP-POIExpansionPack\Config\rwgmixer.xml and comment out any lines containing the names of those POIs. That might be some work.

I've not tried this, so I don't know if it makes things explode, but I don't think it should.

I'll try that! Thank you very much!