Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

And did another update to fix a load more nonsense, especially the broadcast thing (which still has an issue, but apparently you lot can't live without it for some reason)

Save safe if you already have B23. It is not if you don't.

DF-V5.0.0-DEV-B24

- Updated SCore to fix an issue with the broadcast feature that meant you could craft without all of the ingredients, and craft without using resources if you're in a vehicle and those resources were on your hotbar.
- Fixed missing Beehive recipe unlock.
- Fixed items only giving jars OR broken glass. The method I was trying that should have worked according to TFP's notes, didn't. They only have a 50% chance of jars now.
- Fixed issue with the chicken coop and beehive not consuming feed when producing things.
- Fixed clawhammer not showing that it decreases craft time in the workbench.
- Fixed more food/drink display issues.
- Fixed max stamina bonus from food sometimes being incorrectly overwritten or disappearing entirely.
- Fixed various HP and XP issues with healing items.
- Fixed some vanilla issues with healing items not properly working on abrasion/sprain/break.
- Fixed incorrect unity tags on player fruit trees because Unity sucks and didn't save them the first time.
- Fixed incorrect downgrade on player fruit trees. Everything was downgrading to apple trees. My bad.
- Fixed incorrect damage displays and MOSTLY fixed damage amounts on all blades (Knives/Machetes). Damage done may be slightly higher. Why? No idea. I'm not spending more time on it.
- Added Generic Schematics to trader inventory.
- Added some extra checks to anemia debuffs to properly remove them when a certain food stat threshold is reached.
- Removed most vehicles from trader inventory as I don't want them easily purchasable (some vehicle parts have been left, however).
- Increased wild fruit tree spawn since they disappear now.
- Very slightly tweaked drop rates of keycards (as in, more common).

Main Download: http://darknessfallsmod.co.uk/DF-V5-DEV-B24.zip (you may need to copy and paste this)
Backup Download 1: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZKUX6RNtOwxMVLBblFPiOkl5s_wn7urH/view?usp=sharing
Backup Download 2: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cPIFqf-kV_OgF6d4cPS-pI0wvTjtCDts/view?usp=sharing

Like the work Khaine! a21 ... vanilla nerfed the screamer spawns. using b19 at the moment. We were hoping DF would fix this. Is there a way to get screamer spawns like we did in a19? I saw in your B23 notes above: "Updated the custom game options mod for wandering horde/screamer zombies on main menu"

Q: should this "wandering horde/screamer zombies on main menu" option be available in b19? or we we need to update to b24?

Cheers.

2 hours ago, solarplexus said:

Like the work Khaine! a21 ... vanilla nerfed the screamer spawns. using b19 at the moment. We were hoping DF would fix this. Is there a way to get screamer spawns like we did in a19? I saw in your B23 notes above: "Updated the custom game options mod for wandering horde/screamer zombies on main menu"

Q: should this "wandering horde/screamer zombies on main menu" option be available in b19? or we we need to update to b24?

Cheers.

This was fixed in B24, so yes, you'd need to update.

Loving everything you have done so far! I have only come across 1 bug so far and that is dropped loot bags from zombies disappearing 20% of the time when looting them, sometimes more. I have been gone for 2 weeks and did not see if that was fixed or noted. Everything else looks good and cant wait to play again tonight!

If I may I have a Suggestion to add more guns to darkness falls. I know there is already more than enough compared to vanilla, but I feel like have more guns to craft/find would be awesome. IDK if there is any mods I can add to darkness falls with more guns but I just thought I would throw that out there as playing couple K hours of darkness falls using the same guns gets old, but I am not complaining at all compared to vanilla!  

Suggestion for guns:

1: p90 SMG 

2: 50.Cal Sniper one bullet slow reload but ALOT of damage.

3: pp90m1 SMG

That is just a couple that would be a cool add. I feel at least more smgs are needed kinda for that early game spray and pray on hordes!

Just a couple things I think would be cool. again thanks for your awesome work on this mod and keeping 7d2d fun!

Hello! I think I have a problem. I completed the last job for Razor, and he gave me the quest to find Eve. But right after I accepted the quest, the game told me that I failed the mission. Eve is nowhere to be found on the compass. Why did that happen and what am I supposed to do now?

spacer.png

I'm guessing that you have a RWG map and she didn't spawn on the map. Enter debug mode and open the poi teleporter. Type df you should see Razor, Caitlin, Eve, Anna, the Bunker and Lab, at a minimum. I don't  currently have the experimental version installed but this is the advice from earlier alphas.

If this is the case, unless you know how to add a POI to a map and an existing save you need to start over and use one of the df pregen maps. There are plenty of videos out there (and in even in this thread) on how to add a poi to a map and get it to show up in your save.

Edited by wanderinpaladin (see edit history)

34 minutes ago, ZykovEddy said:

Wait, this mod is not suitable for random generation maps? o.o

I haven't had problems with missing POIs in any of the ... 10 or so maps I've generated since the first V5 experimental (there's usually two of each POI, actually).

Eve's POI does need desert, so if you've made a map without, that would be the problem.

2 minutes ago, Similar said:

I haven't had problems with missing POIs in any of the ... 10 or so maps I've generated since the first V5 experimental (there's usually two of each POI, actually).

Eve's POI does need desert, so if you've made a map without, that would be the problem.

Yep, I generated the map without the desert. Not a fan of this biome, and also thought I'd make game more challenging by not being able to mine oil shale for gas. And indeed, Eve did't spawn on my map.

Would be nice to know in advance that DF story needs desert biome... Any way to spawn Eve and reactivate the quest? I've put a ton of effort into my game already, would be heartbreaking to see it go to waste. I really wanted to complete the story.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, ZykovEddy said:

Any way to spawn Eve and reactivate the quest? I've put a ton of effort into my game already, would be heartbreaking to see it go to waste. I really wanted to complete the story.

I would think you can spawn her, but I can't actually see how because I can't find any of the traders in the menu. Granted, never tried to spawn a trader before, but still, it seems like they should be there.

An alternative might be to add her POI. This video was helpful when I needed to add a trader a while ago. It's for A20, but hopefully not much has changed in this respect in A21.

5 hours ago, ZykovEddy said:

Yep, I generated the map without the desert. Not a fan of this biome, and also thought I'd make game more challenging by not being able to mine oil shale for gas. And indeed, Eve did't spawn on my map.

Would be nice to know in advance that DF story needs desert biome... Any way to spawn Eve and reactivate the quest? I've put a ton of effort into my game already, would be heartbreaking to see it go to waste. I really wanted to complete the story.

spacer.png

I'm also not seeing the one of the quest locations. Is it the bunker? It needs the snow biome. Your best bet is to follow the video link in Similar's post and add it to the world. I never got a map to generate properly in rwg in the older alphas. Happy to see that's fixed. With the older alphas I'd generate a world then add the missing DF pois. Usually Anna and Caitlyn got put in but I've added Razor, Eve, the Bunker and the Lab multiple times. 

Have a question, not sure if it's a bug.

Playing on 21.1, happened on B23 and B24.

Got trader Jen, did first quests, got sent off on the trader quest, up to that point, everything was fine but the following day, I was expecting quest tier to increase but they stay stuck on tier 1.

Just came back to DF after a year or so, am I not remembering something correctly or is my game borked?

TIA!

4 hours ago, Chapita33 said:
Hi, I have a question in general is DF stable for alpha 21.2? or only for 21.1? My friends and I are waiting for the stable version to be able to play the mod

Only for 21.1. Doesn't work with 21.2 for now.

Khaine has said that they're waiting for 21.2 to get a stable version before they move DF to it.

It'll probably take a while before there's a DF version that is considered stable. A21 seems like it's a pain to work with...

Edited by Similar (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Darthzabi said:

None of the update links for B24 work for me anyone got an updated link?

The one to the DF site seems to work for me (I do get a warning from Firefox about it not being allowed or some such, so I have to manually allow it).

The Google links have never worked for me for any of the versions; they always say too many downloads.

14 hours ago, Kurosagi said:

Got trader Jen, did first quests, got sent off on the trader quest, up to that point, everything was fine but the following day, I was expecting quest tier to increase but they stay stuck on tier 1.

Just came back to DF after a year or so, am I not remembering something correctly or is my game borked?

TIA!

I normally don't pay attention; I just do a quest here and there and then I get an Open Trade Routes quest some day, and then at some point I have tier II quests available without really knowing how I got there.

In my current game (day 8 so far) I had an Open Trade Routes from Hugh in my quests list, so I decided to pay attention this time (I play 120 minute days, so that's one  reason it took a while to reply). My reputation with Hugh was 5. I did the quest and, and after having to wait to the next day, then 5 more fetch/clear/buried quests until my reputation with him was 10.

When I handed in the last quest, I got a console error (screenshot below), so I don't know if that has anything to do with things turning out how they have, but I didn't get the tier II reward, and the next day I didn't have tier II quests either. I did another quest, just to see if it changed anything, but it didn't.

So maybe there is a problem.

I'm reasonably certain I had tier IIs in my B23 game (but I'd done more Scout quests in that game than I have now, so I should maybe see if they affect things).

EDIT: I got the Scout faction up to 10 and then did random stuff for a day or a bit more, took a clear quest (tier I) from Hugh late in the day and did it the next morning and now he has tier II quests. Hugh is at 13 now.

So I don't know if Scout reputation matters or exactly what is going on, but it is possible to get tier IIs.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Edited by Similar
Additives (see edit history)

Latest DevB24, brand new gamesave:

- When HP of orange trees reach zero they fall over. When HP of apple trees reach zero, however, they keep standing and I have to hit them one more time to chop them down. Not consistent.

- Some perks say "no laborer class" and I have selected laborer class. I can still pick those perks and spend skill points on them which doesn't make any sense to me.

- I get the attached error message when pressing hotkey "r" (take all) in camp fire.

Screenshot 2023-09-22 201227.JPG

Edited by PoloPoPo (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Similar said:

I normally don't pay attention; I just do a quest here and there and then I get an Open Trade Routes quest some day, and then at some point I have tier II quests available without really knowing how I got there.

In my current game (day 8 so far) I had an Open Trade Routes from Hugh in my quests list, so I decided to pay attention this time (I play 120 minute days, so that's one  reason it took a while to reply). My reputation with Hugh was 5. I did the quest and, and after having to wait to the next day, then 5 more fetch/clear/buried quests until my reputation with him was 10.

When I handed in the last quest, I got a console error (screenshot below), so I don't know if that has anything to do with things turning out how they have, but I didn't get the tier II reward, and the next day I didn't have tier II quests either. I did another quest, just to see if it changed anything, but it didn't.

So maybe there is a problem.

I'm reasonably certain I had tier IIs in my B23 game (but I'd done more Scout quests in that game than I have now, so I should maybe see if they affect things).

EDIT: I got the Scout faction up to 10 and then did random stuff for a day or a bit more, took a clear quest (tier I) from Hugh late in the day and did it the next morning and now he has tier II quests. Hugh is at 13 now.

So I don't know if Scout reputation matters or exactly what is going on, but it is possible to get tier IIs.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I'll try doing the same, getting the scout to 10 after getting the Open trade routes quest, to see if it makes a difference.

On 9/22/2023 at 3:03 AM, Kurosagi said:

TIA!

A21.1 B22 here. Finished 1st Open Trade Route quest. After that there were still Tier 1 quests only. After 2 another quests completed there were Tier 2 quests. It looks as if the Open Trade Route quests either have nothing to do with Tier advancement or it isn't the only requirement.

Edited by H7dek7 (see edit history)