Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Also bees/hornets don't count as animals I believe when I was doing that quest lastnight

- - - Updated - - -

I now have the advanced forge. Have clay in it but it is not allowing me to craft bowls. Bug???

Anything that's an SDX entity generally won't count for quests unless the entity name is SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the quest.

FFS. I fixed the damn advanced forge once already for the bowls. :)

Anything that's an SDX entity generally won't count for quests unless the entity name is SPECIFICALLY mentioned in the quest.

FFS. I fixed the damn advanced forge once already for the bowls. :)

And my minibike needs machines guns...sound good Khaines

Double checked. The bowl recipe is there.

<recipe name="emptyBowl" count="1" craft_area="advForge" material_based="true" craft_time = "30">
<ingredient name="unit_clay" count="15"/>
</recipe>

I'll double check again. For some reason unable to craft bowls in the advanced forge unless my game just hates me. I'll check and see what happens this time.

For the love...crops

Hey there folks.

Khaine, my dear...wonderful mod that you've made! Clearly you have put a lot of work into it, so I really want to thank you. We are totally enjoying ourselves with it. Especially the update!

I'm in a major brawl with crops right now, and haven't been able to find an answer after lots of searching and sifting through the thread. It's the same old crops disappearing business. They ARE planted within 2 blocks of a water barrel and there are NO trees anywhere around them. I have planted after, I assume, the water barrels are full as they no longer say "partially filled" and have been there for days. I have experimented both before and after the update, with a full server reload and restart. I have found that plants immediately disappear when trying to plant side by side. They stay for the time being when I leave an empty space between them. If I leave the base for a while and return, they are all gone completely. So are there any additional conditions I'm just not following aside from the two blocks of water and staying away from trees?

I tried to avoid posting about it, but I've got nothing here. Looking forward to enjoying cooking with all of the added recipes, but it's difficult when relying on found crops, and more than one player eating here. I really appreciate any help or information. And thanks so much, again, for the excellent hard work on this great mod, and for all information you have posted in here. Cheers!

I think I see your problem.

They ARE planted within 2 blocks of a water barrel and there are NO trees anywhere around them.

They have to be planted within 2 blocks of a WATER BLOCK. The code check is this.

for (var x = -2; x <= 2; x++)
   {
     for (var z = -2; z <= 2; z++)
     {
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 0, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, -1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
     }
   }

So when you can't pick up the water barrel anymore, break it. You'll get a bucket of water AND an empty barrel back.

Dig a hole, place the water from the bucket in the hole and then plant around that. :)

EDIT: For the record, this is what the code for the full water barrel looks like.

<block id="2038" name="waterBarrel3">
<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>
<property name="Material" value="wood"/>
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="Model" value="#WaterBarrel?WaterBarrel" />
<property name="RotationAllowed" value="pivotOnFloor" />
<property name="RandomTintColor1" value="255,255,255"/>
<drop event="Destroy" name="waterBarrel1" count="1" />
<drop event="Harvest" name="bucketRain" count="1" />
<property name="MaxDamage" value="40" />
</block>

So the reason it's not working is because the full Water Barrel is Material=wood and plants are looking for Materlal=water or they die. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I think I see your problem.

They have to be planted within 2 blocks of a WATER BLOCK. The code check is this.

for (var x = -2; x <= 2; x++)
   {
     for (var z = -2; z <= 2; z++)
     {
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 0, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, -1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
       if (_world.GetBlock(_blockPos + new Vector3i(x, 1, z)).Block.blockMaterial.id == "water") return false;
     }
   }

So when you can't pick up the water barrel anymore, break it. You'll get a bucket of water AND an empty barrel back.

Dig a hole, place the water from the bucket in the hole and then plant around that. :)

EDIT: For the record, this is what the code for the full water barrel looks like.

<block id="2038" name="waterBarrel3">
<property name="LightOpacity" value="0"/>
<property name="Material" value="wood"/>
<property name="Shape" value="ModelEntity"/>
<property name="Model" value="#WaterBarrel?WaterBarrel" />
<property name="RotationAllowed" value="pivotOnFloor" />
<property name="RandomTintColor1" value="255,255,255"/>
<drop event="Destroy" name="waterBarrel1" count="1" />
<drop event="Harvest" name="bucketRain" count="1" />
<property name="MaxDamage" value="40" />
</block>

So the reason it's not working is because the full Water Barrel is Material=wood and plants are looking for Materlal=water or they die. :)

OOOOOHH man, gotcha. I totally misunderstood the use of the barrel! Thanks so much for this!

V1.8.1 - The bug squishing update, is live and on GitHub!

• Removed Metal Workstation recipes from the Laser Workbench to help with lag.
  • Fixed the Laser Workbench not working properly.
  • Fixed the "Future Technology" book taking skill notes instead of research notes.
  • M4A1 recipe wasn't granted by the security class. This has been fixed.
  • M4A1 recipe item added as a "creative mode only" item to fix any issues players have.
  • Fixed steel and titanium helmets also taking up the "eye" slot.
  • Titanium Helmet (Light) added.
  • Fixed missing item description for Keycards.
  • Fixed missing item description for Lockpick Components.
  • Edited Lockpick Sets to make it clear they use Lockpick Components.
  • Female Behemoth sounds now use the same as the Female Snow Zombie for more variance.
  • Male Behemoth's now use entirely new sounds.
  • Snakes should now count as an animal.
  • Clay Bowls fixed AGAIN for the Advanced Forge.
  • New Behemoth had the generic zombie loot list. This has been fixed. (same as other behemoths)
  • RWGMixer edited with regards to towns/hub city. See below.

So one of the problems with the RWGMixer and a lack of the vanilla shops, was the fact that they only spawn in Towns and Cities... and the RWGMixer really, really, really liked spawning Rural cities (which don't have them). So I decreased the probability of the rural towns/cities and INCREASED the probability of normal towns. Cities have been left unchanged. I also drastically increased the chance of Hub City spawning. It still doesn't spawn exactly on 0,0 all the time, but my testing did find 2 Hub Cities within 1000 of 0,0 on one map. Most maps now have a very high chance of them spawning.

Obviously this will only take effect on world restart. It is entirely up to you if you want to do that, but old saves work fine. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

BSOD then save reset

I last night I got a BSOD while playing. Service system exception. When I logged back into the game and loaded the exact same save I was playing previously, it was now a multi-player save reset to day 1. This has happened twice. Any idea on how I can prevent it? I was only 9 or 10 days into the game, but having to restart is getting old. Im probably going to system restore to Tuesday so I can have my save back, but if there is something I can do to prevent this as well that would be awesome. After playing this mod I have no desire to play vanilla or any other lol.

Okay I found it I had seen the camp with 5 small tent and 1 big tent days ago on way to search for traders. Just found the door. Can we build the doors you have being used here for our bases? If not can that become a think in a future version of the mod. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction this place is awesome

Mod seems great... from what I read...

Single player no problem through launcher... but how do I install this mod on our Nitrado server?

if I try it same way I do with Ravenhears, Valmod or WoW... it's not working

The server is simply not responding... I think a file gives a problem... the question is: which

Which files/directories do I need to upload to the server ?`

EDIT: seems in the logfile I see a lot of NULL-REFERENCES

Edited by Fren (see edit history)

Yes, you need ALL of the files.

It's an SDX mod. Without the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder, SDX stuff won't work and that's why you're getting NRE's.

The zip files can be ignored.

I just copied them all... adjusted server settings like name, etc etc... and restarted the thing

Waited for 20 mins, no server.

is there anything I should not turn off or on? (EAC?)