Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Ok, so this is from the biomes file, so hopefully should help.

<layer depth="1" blockname="desertGround" />
			<layer depth="23" blockname="sandStone" />
			<layer depth="*" blockname="sandStone" >
				<resource blockname="ironOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="titaniumOre" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="oilDeposit" cluster="1" prob="0.1130" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="silverOre"  cluster="1" prob="0.00030" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="goldOre"    cluster="1" prob="0.00020" rwgGenerationType="all" />
				<resource blockname="diamondOre" cluster="1" prob="0.00010" rwgGenerationType="all" />
			</layer>
			<layer depth="3" blockname="bedrock" />
		</layers>

So it spawns in sandstone, and has the same probability of finding iron veins as well. I know that's not much to go on, but hopefully it'll help. :)

Titanium upgrade?

First - thank you - a brilliant mod! I've spent way too much time with it. :smile-new:

Apologies if someone else has posted this, but I couldn't find anything, so:

In my current game, I can't upgrade to titanium. Previously, I could upgrade from the steel upgrade (or whatever it is actually called) to titanium with forged titanium. Now I can't. It keeps telling me I lack forged titanium, despite having a whole mess with me. Is this a bug, or has there been a change that I've missed?!

Thanks!

First - thank you - a brilliant mod! I've spent way too much time with it. :smile-new:

In my current game, I can't upgrade to titanium. Previously, I could upgrade from the steel upgrade (or whatever it is actually called) to titanium with forged titanium. Now I can't. It keeps telling me I lack forged titanium, despite having a whole mess with me. Is this a bug, or has there been a change that I've missed?!

Thanks!

I should get to titanium tonight, I'll test it out.

Do you have a titanium tool? Might need that.

Also it a class skill so you must be of construction class class.

Grants the following:

Quest 1 - White t-shirt, brown denim pants, worn boots, mining helmet.

Quest 2 - 2 boiled water, 2 beef rations, Scrap Iron Tool Perk.

Quest 3 - 2 first aid bandage.

Quest 4 - Forge Perk.

Quest 5 - Nailgun.

Quest 6 - Nailgun recipe.

Class mastery: Gaining the Construction Mastery perk grants the following:

Titanium frame recipes for building bases.

Titanium bar recipes (normal and centred).

Titanium clawhammer (only way to upgrade to Titanium).

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Thanks!

Erik got there first, but he's exactly right.

You need a Titanium Clawhammer to upgrade to titanium. :)

Erik got there first, but he's exactly right.

You need a Titanium Clawhammer to upgrade to titanium. :)

Yeah - I just tested that, and it worked.

Many thanks!

And apologies for the cluelessness, should have thought to try that.

cheers,

I planted a bunch of crops and have now found that they've suddenly disappeared (happened twice so far on two separate plots with a mix of different crop types)

Have I done something wrong, is this an intended feature of the mod or is this a bug???

I've also noted that the Farming Quest doesn't always pick up crafting the Mortar & Pestle in the Forge unless you sit and look at it crafting for the duration... Leaving the forge to do its work sometimes doesn't register completing that part of the quest.

I planted a bunch of crops and have now found that they've suddenly disappeared (happened twice so far on two separate plots with a mix of different crop types)

Have I done something wrong, is this an intended feature of the mod or is this a bug???

I've also noted that the Farming Quest doesn't always pick up crafting the Mortar & Pestle in the Forge unless you sit and look at it crafting for the duration... Leaving the forge to do its work sometimes doesn't register completing that part of the quest.

As Jazual mentioned, plants must be within 2 blocks of water or they die. Trees do not have to be near water, and I strongly recommend keeping tree's away from plants if possible.

Occasionally it kills the plants, and I'm still trying to track down why. :)

Any quest that says "craft this" you HAVE to sit there and watch it complete if it's not made in your backpack. That's just an issue with how the quest system works, but I'm considering changing it from Craft to FetchKeep so quests will say "Gather X" instead. Means you don't have to watch it be crafted.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Idk if this has been covered or not yet (I didn't want to sift through 55 pages of posts) but my game seems different than youtubers' like kage848, games4kickz, etc. For example my UI is different, the trader quests do not include fetch quests, and even the pause splash screen is different. Are they playing on a different version or something?

P.S. I am using the 7dtd mod launcher to run it

Idk if this has been covered or not yet (I didn't want to sift through 55 pages of posts) but my game seems different than youtubers' like kage848, games4kickz, etc. For example my UI is different, the trader quests do not include fetch quests, and even the pause splash screen is different. Are they playing on a different version or something?

When were the videos done? The game is now 1.75 and they might be playing on earlier versions.

Kickz and Kage are using 1.7.5.

If you downoloaded the EAC compatible version of the mod, then you need to know that isn't updated anymore. I think that's v1.6.2 but it does say that in the description on the launcher.

Kickz and Kage are using 1.7.5.

If you downoloaded the EAC compatible version of the mod, then you need to know that isn't updated anymore. I think that's v1.6.2 but it does say that in the description on the launcher.

It tells me on the splash screen I'm on version 1.6.2. Meh oh well. It's not s big deal, I was curious. It works, I love it and that's all that matters.

Next question, if I were to download the Darkness Falls BBM version, will my current world need to be restarted? Or could I just simply hop back in with my bigger backpack?

Amazing job on this mod btw. Great balancing of progression, challenge and rewards.

Okay... if my memory is correct, then downloading and using the BBM version will NOT cause any issues. I know Kickz did, and some of my testers updated from 1.6 to 1.7 when I was testing it out.

You might be missing a new POI, but all the fruit trees and such will still spawn in unexplored areas. :)

However, if you're planning to restart, I recommend not doing so yet. I'm prepping a new update where a restart will be recommended.

Impossible To launch the v1.8

What's the problem?

If you're getting the game pop up with a window saying "Dedicated" then you need to delete the 7DaysToDieServer_Data folder from TempMods before launching the mod for the first time.

Yep, it's trying to load the dedicated server version of the game.

Delete the mod, have the launcher do a clean install, then redownload the mod. Before launching, go into the folder where the launcher stored the game, go into TempMods and delete 7DaysToDieServer_Data.

That should leave you with 3 folders. 7DaysToDie_Data, Data and Mods.

Then try and launch the mod from the launcher. :) It should work. If not, the next step is to try a manual install (Just had someone on discord with the same issue, manual install fixed it)

Okay... if my memory is correct, then downloading and using the BBM version will NOT cause any issues. I know Kickz did, and some of my testers updated from 1.6 to 1.7 when I was testing it out.

You might be missing a new POI, but all the fruit trees and such will still spawn in unexplored areas. :)

However, if you're planning to restart, I recommend not doing so yet. I'm prepping a new update where a restart will be recommended.

It worked beautifully! My world is intact, have bigger backpack AND updated version! I didn't even lose anything from my inventory. Nice. Time to kick butt on this before I go to 1.8!