Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I have to say, the Fun Pimps have a lot to live up to with the next alpha.... between darkness falls, ravenhearst and war of the walkers I could stay in THIS alpha for another year and be fine! Although I'm looking forward to the jeep, gyrocopter, etc, I bet with more time you guys could make better vehicles (you could prolly fix the pathing before them too lol)

V1.8 is out, live and on GitHub!

Patch notes.

• New menu music and background!
  • New UI added and tweaked so it should work on 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions.
  • Pine Forest and Plains biomes removed. Pine forest merged into Maple Forest, Plains merged into Desert.
  • Blueberries removed from Maple Forest. Now only found in snow biomes, but higher spawn chance (in theory).
  • Wasteland increased in size. Starts at 4000, then wasteland_hub starts at 3000.
  • Wasteland decoration changed. It's now snow ground (does not give snowballs) for more of a "nuclear wasteland" feel.
  • Zombie spawns increased due to survivors killing them all. Military NPC spawn decreased because the wasteland sounded like a warzone.
  • Loot.xml edited so containers SHOULD always contain something (in most cases, destroyed workstations are the exception).
  • Trader.xml edited to remove nailgun from normal traders. Caitlin still has it.
  • Caitlin edited to ONLY spawn in wasteland_hub so it's more dangerous to get to her.
  • Dead area's increased on cities to help with lag.
  • Future Tech perk added! Good luck getting it.
  • Uranium ore added! Underground in desert and burnt forest. Above ground in Wasteland.
  • Plutonium added! Only found when digging up radiated ground.
  • New workbench added! Good luck getting it.
  • Fusion forge added! Good luck getting it.
  • All-in-one-Tool added! Tough to get but basically a super-wrench that can upgrade to titanium!
  • Laser Pistol, Laser Rifle and Laser Sword added!
  • Extra Compo Pack POI's added!
  • 2 new POI's added. You can find them in the Burnt Forest and Wasteland.
  • Classes reworked for balance reasons.
  • Female bandit voice updated with voice lines from my friend.
  • Some zombies are unaffected by slow down from spikes and shotguns, so have fun!
  • New(ish) zombies! The Frostbitten Hunter has made a return, and two zombie scientists have been added.
  • Original Behemoth added! The other male behemoth is now the radiated version.
  • Double Drawbridge added.
  • Extra titanium blocks added (rounded, wedge and wedge tip).
  • Builder quests added to the trader captain.
  • Vanilla quests heavily edited so they're more fun.
  • 2 new perks added, which can only be learned via books! Books are rare but can be purchased from the trader.
  • Auger sounds reduced so you don't go deaf anymore.
  • Crafting perks have altered level requirements. 1-4 have no level requirement, 5+ now goes 30/60/90/120/150. This means players can now get Iron Tools at level 30 (was 50) and Steel at 90 (was 100). Titanium is still 150.
  • Lockable storage cabinet space increased to 120 slots.
  • Insecure versions of cabinets added for single-player (doesn't use a padlock).
  • Lockable and Insecure craftable fridges added (also 120 Lockable (and insecure) versions of the Gun Safe and Munitions box added for player crafting! 120 slot storage.
  • Metal walkways added! Same model as metal catwalks, except craftable AND you can pick them back up. Good for building/painting huge structures.
  • Advanced Forge changed. Cannot be unlocked until level 90.
  • Big Forge added! You must buy the Forge perk a second time to get the recipe. Works like a normal forge, but has 3 slots.
  • UMA Textures reduced in size! No major difference graphically, but has increased load times and decreased RAM usage.

Known issues.

• Builder quests on the trader do not show the block you need to gather. The subtitle tells you.
  • Trader gather quests have you gathering the same items twice. This is a workaround to stop folks turning in the quest and not losing items.
  • Vanilla quests may only tell you to kill one kind of zombie. Localization SHOULD tell you what zombies work. This is just a display issue.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Good Day and Thank you KhaineGB,

Lovin the INTRO sounds .. alittle loud but good.

You didn't say start a New Game anywhere for sure .. BUT Thought it was a good idea with that big of an Update and Changes.

SO Far very well balanced .. making a starter base at poor Trader Bob's _ "Now Z's Bob once a trader". And Trader Rekt is just down the Road.

Both were with-in 400 meters of my starting point on my map and the seed looks like it might a good one so far.

Map seed if anyone needs one .. ** DarkenPath69DF ** (without the **) .. all one word. If you use it let me know how it works for you, thank you.

Keep up the great work and Hope all is going well _ Enjoy the weekend and Have Fun … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Using Mod version from the Launcher .. Darkness Falls BBM

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Ah, yes I should've stated that a restart is recommended due to the 2 new POI's I included and all the compo pack stuff, so that was my bad. :)

Kage also had the mod randomly delete his class quest when swapping from 1.7.5 to 1.8, which is a very odd bug.

Should be.

Basically if I say "It's on github" then it should be on the launcher because it points to the github file. :)

Thanks!.

Question, can u give us information about the 2 new POI's and what else you added from the COMPO pack? ty.

From the compo pack? No, cos it's a big pack.

Basically I just updated the mod with the more recent version on the forums. :)

The 2 new POI's I want to be a surprise, but you can find them in the Burnt Forest and the Wasteland.

I strongly recommend going to the one in the Burnt Forest first as it should give you items you need for the one in the Wasteland.

EDIT: Oh! You'll get some of the new zombies spawning in the Military camps too. They will also give you items you need for BOTH POI's, so I strongly recommend scavenging those.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Sick, been waiting for this update! Just wonderin, you get the laser beams workin or still invisible?

Still invisible.

On the "to do" list for A17 as it apparently has to do with particle effects while firing, and I'm probably going to have to re-do all of my assets for A17 anyway :)

You get the items from finishing the quest, not starting it. ;)

<reward type="Quest" id="quest_classtraininghunter6" />
<reward type="Item" id="gunHuntingRifle" value="50" />
<reward type="Item" id="762mmBullet" value="75" />
<reward type="Skill" id="Hunting Knife" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/> 
<reward type="Skill" id="Better Lead Than Dead" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/>

Good Day KhaineGB,

TWO things .. update first to .. Start New Game for 1.8

And is " The Man Eater " quest your add on .. if so _ if possible can make '' Kill some MALE Zombies ( PUT MALE in Red ) I wondering why at 21 dead zombies I wasn't getting the count .. when it was only asking for 10 .. until I read it again in a different light condition and saw " MALE "

Good Day KhaineGB,

TWO things .. update first to .. Start New Game for 1.8

And is " The Man Eater " quest your add on .. if so _ if possible can make '' Kill some MALE Zombies ( PUT MALE in Red ) I wondering why at 21 dead zombies I wasn't getting the count .. when it was only asking for 10 .. until I read it again in a different light condition and saw " MALE "

That would be one of the localization things I forgot about.

Will make sure that's done. I suspect Lady Killer has the same issue. :)

Good Day KhaineGB,

Sorry about incomplete sentences, but I see you figured it out .. as I was typing I noticed that my keyboard was delete words as I went along. Had to reboot computer to get to work again.

Anyway .. Enjoying the game and everything seems to working just fine except highlighting maybe "main words" lol

Have fun … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

- - - Updated - - -

But for quest 5's kill 5 animals doesn't it require me to kill them with the rifle?

You Need a ** HUNTING ** Rifle .. it is different than regular rifle.

I'm aware - I think the quest has changed. You no longer get a HRifle to do the 5 kills so you can kill them with and weapon.

So I was having fun until the 8-foot zombie chick that one hit kills me shows up, seriously what is the purpose of her appearing early on when the player as not even a small chance of surviving?

But for quest 5's kill 5 animals doesn't it require me to kill them with the rifle?

Quest 5.

<quest id="quest_classtraininghunter5" group_name_key="quest_classtraininghunter" name_key="quest_classtraininghunter5" subtitle="Craft a Forge" subtitle_key="quest_classtraininghunter5_subtitle" description_key="quest_classtraininghunter5_description"
icon="ui_game_symbol_rifle" category_key=".quest" offer_key="quest_classtraininghunter_offer" >
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="leatherHood" value="1" />
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="leatherJacket" value="1" />
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="leatherGloves" value="1" />
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="leatherPants" value="1" />
	<objective type="FetchKeep" id="leatherBoots" value="1" />

<reward type="Quest" id="quest_classtraininghunter6" />
	<reward type="Item" id="gunHuntingRifle" value="50" />
	<reward type="Item" id="762mmBullet" value="75" />
	<reward type="Skill" id="Hunting Knife" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/> 
	<reward type="Skill" id="Better Lead Than Dead" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/>
   </quest>

Quest 6.

<quest id="quest_classtraininghunter6" group_name_key="quest_classtraininghunter" name_key="quest_classtraininghunter6" subtitle="Craft a Barbed Club" subtitle_key="quest_classtraininghunter6_subtitle" description_key="quest_classtraininghunter6_description"
icon="ui_game_symbol_rifle" category_key="quest" offer_key="quest_classtraininghunter_offer" >

<objective type="ZombieKill" value="10" />
		<requirement type="Holding" id="gunHuntingRifle" />

<objective type="AnimalKill" value="5" />
		<requirement type="Holding" id="gunHuntingRifle" />

<reward type="Skill" id="Hunting Rifle" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/> 
	<reward type="Skill" id="ClassHunter" value="1" stage="aftercomplete"/> 
   </quest>

So no. Quest 5 isn't kill stuff with the hunting rifle. It's make armour.

Quest 6 is kill stuff with the rifle, but you get the rifle when you finish quest 5.

Just an FYI... and this is for anyone... if you finish a quest and do NOT gain items you are supposed to get (list is earlier in the thread), then your inventory was probably full.

Nope.

I can make a quest to go fetch the items, but I can't make a quest NOT complete if you don't have inventory space, which sucks. >_<

What I may do for A17 is look at creating bags full of items. That way I only give the player 1 item, they place it and loot it. It's a little bit more work but means items won't be lost as easily.