Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

I just generated a map with the name "testing" and the first large town I found was at about 6230s 6260w and the town is 50% empty street.

If you have time to look at the seed I still contend that there is a total absence of army camps, see if you are able to see any as I flew around the map for about 5 mins and did not find one.

Yep, I see that town.

3 traders nearby though, which amuses me.

You are probably going to need to identify what zone it is in that hub. You just shortchanged the prefabs for the zone is all.

One of the downfalls of not being able to control the zone sizes for hubs.

You are probably going to need to identify what zone it is in that hub. You just shortchanged the prefabs for the zone is all.

One of the downfalls of not being able to control the zone sizes for hubs.

It's ok. I think I know what the issue is. :) Testing something now

Second idea. It might be the new menu music and background.

ONLY copy the Managed folder from 7DaysToDie_Data to your install. Don't copy any of the .asset files and see if that helps.

Excellent, that did it.

So Music or background is to blame. I could see the new background and also hear the new music playing when I previously copied everything over. Principally both "worked" to some extent.

Ok, so 2 major things.

1) I honestly think that particular seed is just bad. No matter how much I adjust the min/max count + probabilities, there's just TONS of water POI's, traders and mines everywhere. Never seen anything like it on any other seed when I've been testing.

2) Yes, I can fix the city issue. Doing so then causes severe lag due to all the clustered buildings and sleeper spawns trying to trigger, which is exactly why I added the blank spaces to the RWGMixer back in 1.7.something.

So that is pretty much going to be a "likely not touching it until A17. I suggest finding better seeds." I know I posted one earlier that has been FANTASTIC for me on stream.

Excellent, that did it.

So Music or background is to blame. I could see the new background and also hear the new music playing when I previously copied everything over. Principally both "worked" to some extent.

Odd... but... whatever. :D

I only thought of that because I remember the game crashing under similar circumstances when I was testing the build before I posted it. Except I got a TON of red text errors... while you didn't.

Odd... but... whatever. :D

I only thought of that because I remember the game crashing under similar circumstances when I was testing the build before I posted it. Except I got a TON of red text errors... while you didn't.

Interesting. How did you get rid of the red text errors?

Just a heads up. Away for the weekend. My only internet access is my old Note 2 phone (because my decent phone is RIP until I can get it fixed), so I likely will not be replying here.

Didn't want anyone to think I was ignoring them. :) However I -will- try to reply to anything in discord as that works on this phone.

Except Guppy. I always ignore him. ;)

With KhaineGB unable to access this site it is naturally a great time to make a suggestion.

So the main tediousness of the game is the low-level zeds that wander everywhere, they are no threat (even at level 1) and there is a ton of them.

Is there some way to make them more of challenge?

Maybe every week or few days there are less of them but they are more dangerous?

Ha! Got it working on this poor, old phone :D

I -wish- I could have variety in biome spawn based on time elapsed. I might talk to Stompy about it once A17 is out as that's something we may be able to add via C# patch script.

As for the other zombies, the only way to really make them more dangerous would be to play with sight/sound distance to sense you, increase damage, apply nasty buffs on hit, etc.

I did consider doing the "scratched" system from WotW but I think that might just get annoying if every zombie does it. What I may do is redo how antibiotics and infection work, so there's a chance of getting outright infected OR it builds up over time the more you get hit.

I've made a couple of post over the last week about issues with the RWG since the last 1.8.1 update, well I have discovered something I cannot explain. I have tried this 3 time to make sure it wasn't a one off.

I load up 7DTD and start a new game and I have the issue the partly vacant cities, no army camps and every city comprised of the almost exactly the same 20 POI's.

I then exit the game and reload the game but before starting a new game I load an old game I started when it was 1.8, when I now start a new game it will generate the world with the 1.8 RWG settings not the newer 1.8.1

I don't know yet if the new game is ignoring all the changes with 1.8.1 or if only the RWG is affected.

I also came across Kage's Book for the 1st time yesterday and had a good chuckle at the messages when you read it, great response to his scrap happy tendencies.

Questions

Really loving the mod, enjoy all that you have done. I have a few questions. I cannot seem to find anywhere or an item to learn titanium arrowheads with. Have all classes unlocked and level 185 and do not have the recipe. Another thing I have ran into is that when using the flamethrower or shotgun incen rounds, pretty much anything with fire it desyncs other people on the server and they have to completely relog. Not sure if this is a new issue or not. Anyways, thanks for such a great mod.

Well, I had the 1.8 rwgmixer backed up on my server, so I've tossed it into discord for people to try out.

Faster is certainly possible. I know 1.3 is "running zombie" territory, so I could try 1.1 or 1.2 (can't remember the default off the top of my head)

Love the mod, thought I made this post earlier but I guess it did not go through as I do not see it. I have two questions in regards to the mod. The first is in regards to titanium arrows. I have al lclasses unlocked and I am at level 190 or so but cannot craft them nor see any book in creative menu. Second was that anytime a fire item such as the flamethrower or shotgun incend rounds light something on fire, other people desync and then cannot access anything and I see them running in place even though my game is fine. Thanks for the great mod though.

Questions

Love the mod, thought I made this post earlier but I guess it did not go through as I do not see it. I have two questions in regards to the mod. The first is in regards to titanium arrows. I have al lclasses unlocked and I am at level 190 or so but cannot craft them nor see any book in creative menu. Second was that anytime a fire item such as the flamethrower or shotgun incend rounds light something on fire, other people desync and then cannot access anything and I see them running in place even though my game is fine. Thanks for the great mod though.

Yep. Just make the class book, do that then get the mastery book.

You can master every single one if you want to put the time in. :)

Also folks, got home yesterday, passed out for like... 18 hours. Only just woke up an hour and a half ago so I'm slowly going through messages and stuff.

I need more coffee... thank god the shop is 24hr.,

Great Mod - Well Done.

A couple of suggestions...

1) there's too much food! Probably not the mods fault but everywhere you roam there's potatoes, tomatoes, fruit trees etc.

I think it would be better to make these much more scarce including tinned food when looting and on Z's and also eggs in bird nests. This would mean more emphasis on the need for gardens etc to stay alive and healthy. Im thinking a 75% drop in overall food availability. Or maybe an option to adjust this?

2) Advanced Forges and Ovens etc. Wouldnt it be better to have these only work when connected to a generator bank?

Just ideas ;) Keep up the good work!

The plants/trees/etc I do want to decrease the spawn rate on. What REALLY annoys me is they love to spawn in clumps, so you won't see one for ages and there will suddenly be 5 of the buggers. :D

Food actually decreases in spawn rate as you level. Otherwise it's the same as vanilla values. I think turning loot abundance down in your game options would help on that.

Regarding Forges/Ovens needing power... tried that. It was one of the first things I tried actually. Broke the game. ;) But something I want to look into for A17 as we MIGHT be getting to mess with the electric system a little more.