Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The purpose is that I'm limited by the game stage system.

Basically, in a wandering horde, the gamestage caps at 50, then it wraps back around to 1.

So either I go easy on the game stages for wandering hordes, which then makes them an absolute JOKE at higher levels, or I work with what I've got and accept some folks are going to be super unlucky at low level.

If I could have up to 1000 gamestage like I can on the 7 day horde, then it wouldn't be a problem.

It's alright- I was just bitching.

1.8 is the best (hardest) yet, every day so far I'm having a number of "Oh ♥♥♥♥!" moments.

Running at 25% loot also makes base building slow and horde nights defense was almost non-existent except for by bow and hunting rifle.

Nope.

I can make a quest to go fetch the items, but I can't make a quest NOT complete if you don't have inventory space, which sucks. >_<

What I may do for A17 is look at creating bags full of items. That way I only give the player 1 item, they place it and loot it. It's a little bit more work but means items won't be lost as easily.

That would work better .. a bag or crate would pop into inventory with the quest items in it .. You know HOW "Games4kickz and Kage848" PLAY ALWAYS running around with Full inventory and Still Looting .. lol.

But Good thought … the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

Would it be possible to create a "placeholder", something like a certificate or special paper for the quest completion? Meaning, you accept the quest, it gives you your tasks AND a certificate (looks like a quest paper or whatever). If the task is "kill 20 ____" then after you finish killing the 20 whatevers, you need to put the certificate in your inventory, and THAT (placing in inventory) is what finishes the quest. Then, the quests "takes" the certificate away, and replaces the spot with the reward bag.

My fear is that if you just give a bag of items as the reward, the same thing would happen if your inventory is full as it would normally.

General rule.

What I've done with the quests so far is pretty much the best I can do. The problem is, if you give the player an item after finishing a quest, it automatically goes into the inventory which means the NEXT quest would then also be completed.

The best option would be to give the player 1 item (say a suitcase) that they "read", which gives them a quest to grant the items. That way players have more control over when they recieve their stuff, I can control what they get so quality and such isn't random and everyone should be happy.... hopefully. ;)

But the A17 quest system might let me do a LOT more.

Simply a 10/10

Khaines! Just wanted to say amazing mod! That's putting it lightly, I've played through so many mods this Alpha and darkness falls just stands out so much. The classes, the new items and workstations, dead trader locations and the QUEST GIVER! It's a work of art. This will be the final mod I play this Alpha and through a good bit of experimental as well. Can not wait to see what you accomplish with the new A17 changes. Looking forward to it. Thanks again Khaines. Oh and love the unarmed combat!

Glad you like it. :D

I'm SO looking forward to A17 and the quest system. I'm going to keep the guard trader NPC in so it's obvious where to get quests from, but I'm hoping I can get some of the finicky things working properly.

Khaines! Just wanted to say amazing mod! That's putting it lightly, I've played through so many mods this Alpha and darkness falls just stands out so much. The classes, the new items and workstations, dead trader locations and the QUEST GIVER! It's a work of art. This will be the final mod I play this Alpha and through a good bit of experimental as well. Can not wait to see what you accomplish with the new A17 changes. Looking forward to it. Thanks again Khaines. Oh and love the unarmed combat!

I feel the same exact way. I can't praise khaine enough. I've played starvation, ravenhearst, gnamod, and wotw. This (to me) tops them all as far as fun, originality, and replayability. This is how 7dtd should be!

1) Probably an oversight on my part, will look into it.

2) Read it. It gives +1 tool crafting skill. However, if you cannot gain a level in that skill because you aren't a high enough player level, then the book isn't a work around. You'll need to wait.

3) Not that I know of.

Khaine, I started a series and got the civilian class, is it possible to craft the civilian class again once I get all the stuff needed for crafting class papers?

Also, if I already have the first forge perk, and I pick the miner class and get forge perk. Would I get another forge book or will I automatically get the second forge perk(bigger forge).

Yes you can craft the class again, but you can't do the quests again. They are not repeatable.

Taking the miner class SHOULD give you the second level of the forge perk. Note: I didn't test this, but it should work in THEORY.

And no, Lockpick quality does not affect the time to break into the safe. The iron lockpick does it faster and works the same way as the basic one. :)

For Erik... I've had a look at that kill animals quest.

<objective type="AnimalKill" value="5" />

That's the code. So apparently snakes don't count as animals for some reason. I'm going to have a look at entityclasses later and see if there's any way to fix that, but I doubt it. :)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)