Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

11 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Scouts > Razor > Eve > Anna. You have a LOT of quests to do before you should be talking with her.

I don't know anything about what you said. That the first "trader" the game sent me to.

Now I'm in a desert "trader" base and need to find a person named Razor but can't find them.

3 minutes ago, FujiToday said:

I don't know anything about what you said. That the first "trader" the game sent me to.

Now I'm in a desert "trader" base and need to find a person named Razor but can't find them.

The actual traders will have Scouts somewhere in their compound, need to do quests for them until they send you to a new trader. That will be Razor. Repeat for him til he sends you to Eve. Do the same for her and she'll send you to Anna.

5 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

The actual traders will have Scouts somewhere in their compound, need to do quests for them until they send you to a new trader. That will be Razor. Repeat for him til he sends you to Eve. Do the same for her and she'll send you to Anna.

I think I'm gonna give up on this mod. Too confusing. Still can't find any scout.

The only person I could find at the desert base is a "Seasoned Survivor". Sometimes I hear sounds of a female jumping around but can't find anyone.

35 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

I get what you are saying here. I did about 10ish missions for the scout in Rekt's compund. She sent me to razor who had no missions for me, just the text 'nevermind'!

Is this a bug or do i need to do more missions for the scout before Razor will give me quests?

1 hour ago, MDS79 said:

I get what you are saying here. I did about 10ish missions for the scout in Rekt's compund. She sent me to razor who had no missions for me, just the text 'nevermind'!

Is this a bug or do i need to do more missions for the scout before Razor will give me quests?

Iirc somebody was saying that was a bug on a certain map(s). I've not encountered that bug as of yet, as I don't bother with quests until I've hit level 175+ and have horde base established.

11 hours ago, FujiToday said:

This just happened to me on my first playthrough (you can read it a couple pages back). It send me to Dr. Anna at an underground base. I was VERY confused, lol. I had to search around for the real trader (ended up being Bob in my case, about 750m away). I just started doing quests for him. Hope it then tells me to go to the correct person after that. The mod is amazing, but starting with the wrong questline really hurts beginners.

1) Need help from anyone knowledgeable...I just started trying farming with a rain catcher. I placed it incorrectly, but I can't destroy it or pick it up. I had to dig around it so that it destroyed itself. Is this intended? I can interact (pick up, destroy, etc) with everything around it, but no tool will let me hit it. Can't pick it up.

2) Why can I read multiple schematics like workbench without it showing a "I read it" open book symbol? I suspect it's because you know more levels of the skills, and can craft better items (read book once, craft 11-20, read another, craft 21-30, etc)...but it doesn't make sense to me with a workbench?

Appreciate any help.

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

I have some questions。Where are the underground bunkers located? Are there any characteristics?

Black glasses with booty added. I want to know I got it at level 5. Is this a bug? There is also a time when I got the red specialized book from the airdrop. At game level 5

Black glasses with booty added. I want to know I got it at level 5. Is this a bug? There is also a time when I got the red specialized book from the airdrop. At game level 5

Hi Khaine. First time posting here. First run through ever of darkness falls. When i loaded up the game the food, water, health and stamina bars aren't where they are ment to be. They are still looking like the vanilla version but also they are in the centre of my screen behind my toolbar. Anyway I could correct this? I do have the food and water bar modlet downloaded for Vanilla as well. 

Ok so some friends and I are trying to play Darkness Falls using a Nodecraft server. Individually we've each installed the mod on our personal computers without issue and have been able to play solo. I was tasked with installing the mod onto the server which I did exactly like I did for my single player game. I uploaded the zip file and then unzipped it into a fresh install of 7 Days. I'm having an issue starting the server up with the pre-generated worlds though. If I used DFalls-Navezgane or just Navezgane as the map everything is fine. When I try to load the NoCP worlds (I've tried small, medium, and large) I used to get the following error:

ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.

and the server fails to start. Looking at the Darkness Falls blocks.xml file it does appear that the entry for bedrollArmyGreen is missing. There is one for bedrollArmyGreenPOI but not for just bedrollArmyGreen. I edited the copy of the Darkness Falls blocks.xml file by pasting in the bedrollArmyGreen entry from the vanilla blocks.xml file and I no longer get the error when starting the server but the server still crashes and won't start when attempting to load the NoCP worlds.  Now I just get this:

[2022-02-12 11:05:12] [INF]: Started thread ChunkRegeneration
[2022-02-12 11:05:12] [INF]: Started thread ChunkCalc
[2022-02-12 11:05:12] [INF]: Started thread ChunkMeshBake
[2022-02-12 11:05:12] [INF]: World.Load: DFalls-Medium1-NoCP
[2022-02-12 11:05:12] [INF]: BloodMoon SetDay: day 10, last day 0, freq 10, range 0
[2022-02-12 11:05:44] [NodePanel]: Game server process offline.

but only on the NoCP maps so far.

We would like to play on the Darkness Falls medium map for the size but I guess we could fall back to the DFalls-Navezgane if we had to. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Did I do something wrong in terms of applying the Mod to the server?

New play-through started on small map and no bugs worth mentioning... all TFP related issues I think, not DF.

Query:  is there a long term DF plan for the 'Survivors' I find constantly running about?  I'm starting to find them annoying - If not, can we kill them and have them drop 'Strange Meat' (ala Fallout), hehe...  (nice RP for an evil character)  ;)

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

8 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

This just happened to me on my first playthrough (you can read it a couple pages back). It send me to Dr. Anna at an underground base. I was VERY confused, lol. I had to search around for the real trader (ended up being Bob in my case, about 750m away). I just started doing quests for him. Hope it then tells me to go to the correct person after that. The mod is amazing, but starting with the wrong questline really hurts beginners.

1) Need help from anyone knowledgeable...I just started trying farming with a rain catcher. I placed it incorrectly, but I can't destroy it or pick it up. I had to dig around it so that it destroyed itself. Is this intended? I can interact (pick up, destroy, etc) with everything around it, but no tool will let me hit it. Can't pick it up.

2) Why can I read multiple schematics like workbench without it showing a "I read it" open book symbol? I suspect it's because you know more levels of the skills, and can craft better items (read book once, craft 11-20, read another, craft 21-30, etc)...but it doesn't make sense to me with a workbench?

Appreciate any help.

Not sure about your first question, but considering the second one I belive it's because you can't craft it even though you've read the recipe. You can't craf it because you haven't met the requirements of course, but it's still complicating things, because you don't know which books you can scrap and which ones you should read. I have the same problem. 😃

Hello, I've been reading through the post and it's great that so many can play the game.  I'm on 7D2D 20.2 with the latest version of Darkness Falls. I am NOT using a launcher, I am simply launching from game file. My game getting struck in one of two locations the loading Config files or after the map is loaded the creating character screen.  I have been waiting for DF and now I cannot play... Please Help. I moved files over into a fresh 7D2D 20.2 folder what did I miss?

1 hour ago, Kirilles said:

Not sure about your first question, but considering the second one I belive it's because you can't craft it even though you've read the recipe. You can't craf it because you haven't met the requirements of course, but it's still complicating things, because you don't know which books you can scrap and which ones you should read. I have the same problem. 😃

Haha, well thanks, glad I'm not misunderstanding. I figured out after some skill investigation that multiple books do indeed count for higher levels of the same skill. I looked at a few leather armor books, and am now at leather armor 3. I'll have to wait for a 4th leather book and see if it now displays as "read" instead of showing unread (which I suspect is the case).

Now I want to know if there are working DF stations like writing desk in POIs somewhere, just as you can find working vanilla workbenches, etc...

Edit: Found another leather book, shows as read, so it does take into account individual levels. However, I just read 3 workbenches. Workbenches have 2 levels, and my 2nd is red (locked behind tool crafting 2 which I don't have yet), so my theory is that if you can't use it yet, you can read way more of a book than needed, but if you meet the requirements, like me with all 3 leather armor levels, then it stops once you max it out. Since I can't attain workbench 2 yet, the schematic will keep showing "not read" until I find and use it when the 2nd tier is able to be achieved by me.

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

21 hours ago, FujiToday said:

On average, how long does it take to load the game ? Like 15 minutes ?

My laptop is using SSD.

So when I press F1, I saw a lot of errors such as: Could not load Prefab xyz...

Then a long lines of NullReferenceException. 🥴

Edit: I used the wrong launcher, should have used the non-EAC one. Now it worked. But there were still 2 errors related to Prefab.

Just tested. 2min 20 seconds on the large map (12k). Disk utilisation was negligible. There's clearly a lot more going on that just loading assets; compiling all the xmls (vanilla, then compiling overrides by DF), uncompressing assets(?), but generally cpu and disk utilisation is minimal. One thing is for certain; it is a longer load time than vanilla - and that's to be expected. Whether there's any more optimisations TFP can do I don't know - certain aspects can't be multithreaded I'm sure.

The prefab error I get is for remant_skyscraper_01, something to do with block 'bedrollArmyGreen' is unknown. Is that what you're seeing too? The number of times it appears would depend on how many instances are on the map.

11 hours ago, ZombieMikeG said:

1. I'm inclined to agree - just tested and I can't seem to locate the pick up action. In A19 DF, the pick up action was a bit difficult to find - it seemed the sweet spot to aim the crosshairs at was tiny. I ended up just jumping in to the hole with it and jiggling around whilst looking down can get it eventually but that is not working in this version.

2. Some are a bit janky. Bow schematic is the one that seems to always show up for me. Only suggestion I can make is store the books before scrapping unneeded ones for skill notes, or just keep a note of the ones you read.

Kind of related: the Forge Ahead book does not unlock the bellows as the description suggests. Nor is the book listed under the unlock options of the bellows crafting page.

5 hours ago, BarryTGash said:

1. I'm inclined to agree - just tested and I can't seem to locate the pick up action. In A19 DF, the pick up action was a bit difficult to find - it seemed the sweet spot to aim the crosshairs at was tiny. I ended up just jumping in to the hole with it and jiggling around whilst looking down can get it eventually but that is not working in this version.

2. Some are a bit janky. Bow schematic is the one that seems to always show up for me. Only suggestion I can make is store the books before scrapping unneeded ones for skill notes, or just keep a note of the ones you read.

Kind of related: the Forge Ahead book does not unlock the bellows as the description suggests. Nor is the book listed under the unlock options of the bellows crafting page.

I've picked up the rain catcher once so far in A20, but yeah, the hitbox has always been bad. 

On a side note, got my new pc built, went from freezing up on absolute lowest settings frequently, to being on highest settings at 120+ fps.. god I'm so happy right now.

17 hours ago, Riley666 said:

Hi Khaine. First time posting here. First run through ever of darkness falls. When i loaded up the game the food, water, health and stamina bars aren't where they are ment to be. They are still looking like the vanilla version but also they are in the centre of my screen behind my toolbar. Anyway I could correct this? I do have the food and water bar modlet downloaded for Vanilla as well. 

I would guess the food and water modlet is your problem. If you have that installed as well that will likely mess up the HUD in DF.

13 hours ago, Chivalric said:

120+ fps.. god I'm so happy right now

That's great! My machine is a little like Theseus' ship - I've just upgraded everything except the case, psu and gpu so there's extreme 1% lows and minimal lag from spawning in zombies. The gpu (1070 ti) is the bottleneck right now but 80-90fps is good for now.

Hello, Does anybody know how to increase crafting tier more than 80? I tired modify items "<set xpath="/items/item[@name='DFmeleeToolMacheteScrap']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@tier">1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80,90,100</set>" But nothing changing. Could someone direct me where to look?

Edited by Voras (see edit history)

Hey Khaine, great job on the mod as usual. One thing I can't seem to figure out though is how to disable the health bar. Here's what I've tried so far:

- changed "ShowTargetHealthBar" from true to false in blocks.xml (that used to work but it was a different name)

- commented out lines 505 to 511 in styles.xml

- deleted the HealthBar folder under UI

- all of the above together

I see there's a XUiC_TargetBar C# file in Harmony. Is that it? Or is it something the Pimps did?

Sure would be nice to be able to turn that thing off. Cheers!

Never mind. I figured it out. For anyone else that wants to turn it off go to:

7 Days To Die\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Config\XUi\windows.xml line 113 and change visibility="always"  to visibility="never".

And you still need to change "ShowTargetHealthBar" from true to false in 7 Days To Die\Mods\2-SCore\Config\blocks.xml line 101.

The other two steps I tried aren't necessary. Might need to start a new game for it to take effect. Have fun!

Edited by scubahalo
Figured it out (see edit history)

11 hours ago, Voras said:

Hello, Does anybody know how to increase crafting tier more than 80? I tired modify items "<set xpath="/items/item[@name='DFmeleeToolMacheteScrap']/effect_group[@name='Base Effects']/passive_effect[@name='ModSlots']/@tier">1,11,21,31,41,51,61,71,80,90,100</set>" But nothing changing. Could someone direct me where to look?

You can't.

5 hours ago, suto2200 said:

i've installed and re-installed 5 times and each time i cant open the skill menu it shows the exception error.

Sounds like either a bad install OR you have additional mods that add more skills.