Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

when i crafted career book i get two book , and seems like all crafting items are doubled  in b36 , is this bug or game balance? 

and in DF Wooden door can sell 20$ only use 4 wood is insan so i can get 40k money only use one day this breaks the game.

15 minutes ago, MadE92 said:

Hey Khaine! Huge fan of your mod, but don't have a lot of experience with installing mods and stuff.

I want to be able to keep the vanilla install, but also your DF mod, without having to move the mods folder each time I want to play the vanilla (because I play with friends that like the vanilla). 

Is there a way to do this? 

Just copy 7 days files from steam folder into a different folder and copy mod files into it, you will have both vanilla and DF. Don't forget to launch DF from the modded 7 days folder

1 hour ago, Kirilles said:

Just copy 7 days files from steam folder into a different folder and copy mod files into it, you will have both vanilla and DF. Don't forget to launch DF from the modded 7 days folder

This! I have like 3 copies of my 7 Days directory for diff overhauls and mod combos.  Never work on your original copy of 7 Days, always make a copy, that way you can still play old versions of 7Days/Mods without worrying Steam will update :D

image.png.82385286c10a9e3715182968637d329e.png

Then create a shortcut to the new folders' 7DaysToDie.exe using the LOVELY Darkness Falls icon provided (darknessfalls.ico) and bam job done :D

Edited by MikeyUK
Shortcut (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, MadE92 said:

Damn I never even thought that was an option... I've just chucked a copy in my Programs directory and have it working now :)

Steam will still show you as playing 7 Days too (I seem to recall) so it kind of acts just the same but you have control of those new directories.

Shortcuts make it super easy to load each version.

image.png.417cb74264c9843fbe90094c01cef815.png

Just make a copy of the game

1 hour ago, LipaCat said:

when i crafted career book i get two book , and seems like all crafting items are doubled  in b36 , is this bug or game balance? 

and in DF Wooden door can sell 20$ only use 4 wood is insan so i can get 40k money only use one day this breaks the game.

You failed to follow the instructions of DELETING the Mods folder before installing the release version

Just got started a bit ago. Food was low, risked a can of pears and got food poisoning. Died w/i 30 seconds. Awesome start :)

Can't wait to sink another 200+ hours into the game now that we have the new DF out. Great job as always, Kh. Though i do have to question the sanity of bringing back the cowboy and renaming him what you did... (also love the new effect that radiated zombies have, and the new zombie models)

4 hours ago, MikeyUK said:

This! I have like 3 copies of my 7 Days directory for diff overhauls and mod combos.  Never work on your original copy of 7 Days, always make a copy, that way you can still play old versions of 7Days/Mods without worrying Steam will update :D

image.png.82385286c10a9e3715182968637d329e.png

Then create a shortcut to the new folders' 7DaysToDie.exe using the LOVELY Darkness Falls icon provided (darknessfalls.ico) and bam job done :D

Eh, I prefer launch it from the folder, launching from shortcut causes a massive red sheet of errors in the console. Everything fine if I launch it as I usually do though

I came across the visual glitch where assets disappear when you move around. For me it's only doing it when I face southeast, south, and southwest.

I deleted all the mod folders from before and am using the launcher.

Is there a fix for this? I can still interact with the interact-able objects like doors and such, but it starts to become very maddening, very quickly, when your movement is blocked by things like metal shelves that only show up when you look away from the direction you need to walk.

27 minutes ago, Gidaeon said:

I came across the visual glitch where assets disappear when you move around. For me it's only doing it when I face southeast, south, and southwest.

I deleted all the mod folders from before and am using the launcher.

Is there a fix for this?

Turn off occlusion.

The wasteland is def. far, far easier to deal with now, no longer calling in every zombie within miles while mining, and they don't instantly respawn anymore. Demon variants of zombies are spawning at a far higher rate though, on night two I had at least 3 demon zombies spawn with the rest of the radiated/feral and normal ones.

13 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

Turn off occlusion.

The wasteland is def. far, far easier to deal with now, no longer calling in every zombie within miles while mining, and they don't instantly respawn anymore. Demon variants of zombies are spawning at a far higher rate though, on night two I had at least 3 demon zombies spawn with the rest of the radiated/feral and normal ones.

TY much.

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to jump into wasteland from the start. I ain't THAT good. :)

8 minutes ago, Falaffel said:

Does anybody knows the German translation of occlusion? Can't find such a thing under options.

umgebende Okklusion

That's what google translate says.

You have to disable it while not in a game.

20220208155902_1.thumb.jpg.33016ed2a5b502b18f9ae05be0d5667d.jpg20220208155906_1.thumb.jpg.717393e624adc2dcba11bcce30b4a473.jpg20220208155921_1.thumb.jpg.dee8cfae88738c33606cb6def6c6ab67.jpg

Added the pictures in case the translation didn't help.

On 2/7/2022 at 4:11 PM, KhaineGB said:

NoCP means No CompoPack, which is user-generated buildings, because it's not done.

Just wondering - does that mean Compo is normally part of DF (if CP is working?) and will be included later?

Thanks for all your hard work Khaine.

1 hour ago, Falaffel said:

TY, it's "Umgebungsverdeckung". 

👍

38 minutes ago, Thundy said:

Just wondering - does that mean Compo is normally part of DF (if CP is working?) and will be included later?

Thanks for all your hard work Khaine.

At least with A19, all of the DF maps had a "vanilla" and Compo version you could choose from.