Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

1 hour ago, ZombieMikeG said:

So I'm very excited to try DF for the first time. Would most other smaller mods off Nexus not work with this, like faster crafting/smelting speed increases, etc? I like the zombie and environmental challenge of a mod like this, but not QoL things like wait times, better HUD display, making Rekt nice (lol), etc. 

Are there any approved mods/modlets for DF (or ones that folks have used with success?). I saw some mods specifically titled with DF via Nexus, but it was only a few. Appreciate any input.

You could try pasting the other mods into the mods folder, if it prompts an overwrite, then it probably won't work well or at all with DF. You could try moving them over and declining to overwrite to see how that goes.

35 minutes ago, Chivalric said:

You could try pasting the other mods into the mods folder, if it prompts an overwrite, then it probably won't work well or at all with DF. You could try moving them over and declining to overwrite to see how that goes.

Sad that I didn't just think of it myself. Makes complete logical sense. Appreciate the idea.

I'm noticing quite a bit more loot in the various freight boxes (working stiff, ect) then what i'm used to seeing in early game. At lvl 1, i opened up a WS box and found a bellows, anvil, several bars of steel, ect. No points in any of the loot skills yet. Another box had a lvl -52- turret. I'm assuming that the crates are not supposed to be that rich in loot in early days, much less day 1?

The only thing i remember reading about the boxes in the patch notes was that certain crafting items are only found in said crates. Also notice that jen's trailer is having a freakout when you get close to her door. The door texture is missing, screen has mini-seizures back and forth until i actually open said door, then the door appears and the shaking stops.

20 hours ago, Kirilles said:

Were you launching from shortcut? Check your vanilla 7 Days for errors through Steam, then delete modded folder and make another copy of vanilla 7 Days and install DF files into it. And of course no EAC.

EDIT: So I ended up moving it to yet another location (after a fresh install) and it worked! :D

So the error continues. I completely wiped the install, cleaned it of all traces, installed it in a different location through steam, and copied the files over to a new place as well. The world eventually launches... Just without any of the things in the errors (which from what I can tell is literally all of the Darkness Falls POIs? 

Anybody got any idea?

Darkness Falls Error.png

Edited by MadE92 (see edit history)

4 hours ago, MadE92 said:

So the error continues. I completely wiped the install, cleaned it of all traces, installed it in a different location through steam, and copied the files over to a new place as well. The world eventually launches... Just without any of the things in the errors (which from what I can tell is literally all of the Darkness Falls POIs? 

Just to make sure, you are starting a new game, yes? Also, not sure which world you are trying to use, but random gen isn't working with it yet.

For all having issues --- Maybe if we made these instructions bigger with pictures -- it will be helpful. These instructions although here --- apply to all 7D2D mods.

Summary --- With a downloaded compressed file - you are extracting the compressed file contents in to the root of a vanilla copy of your 7D2D client.

* USE A FRESH COPY OF A VANILLA INSTALL.

* DELETE THE MODS FOLDER (IF ONE EXISTS).

* EXTRACT THE CONTENTS OF THE COMPRESSED FILE (ZIP) IN TO THE ROOT OF THE VANILLA FOLDER COPY. A common mistake is to extract the compressed file as it's own directory that is typically named as the compressed file. Be aware that the compressed file CONTENTS must be extracted directly in to the root of the vanilla copy.

* IT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS WITH A MODS FOLDER CREATED.

image.png.9a0b9943a47727b091ec89ce6870613c.png

THE MODS FOLDER WILL NO LONGER BE EMPTY & HAVE THIS FOR DARKNESS FALLS (other mods will have different folders...but you get the idea);

image.png.90b30c6fe0f1aaa4a4ba1164baaa16f1.png

* ONLY EXECUTE 7DAYSTODIE.EXE --- YOU CAN DELETE THE EAC EXE FOR ALL WE CARE.

image.png.86583ce79d9d19a2654f9dc01e6fefc4.png

*** YOU CAN STOP HERE AND PLAY A GAME WITH YOUR CLIENT ***

* FOR A DEDICATED DARKNESS FALLS SERVER ***YOU ARE HOSTING*** (IGNORE OTHERWISE) --- Note - This only applies to Darkness Falls, as it uses 0-DarknessFallsCore to place the world directory you are using, otherwise this is in /DATA/WORLDS.

image.png.8eec609c8eaa57c795ad621ac54a63a6.png

HAVE FUN!

Edited by TechieZero
clarification (see edit history)

23 minutes ago, ThouShallNotCamp said:

Has anyone found a stack mod that works with this newest version and A20?

It's not hard to modify, I set everything in the items.xml that has a stack value over 1 to stack to 50k. If interested I can share it through discord or something.

1 minute ago, Chivalric said:

It's not hard to modify, I set everything in the items.xml that has a stack value over 1 to stack to 50k. If interested I can share it through discord or something.

That would be awesome and appreciated! I am very new to creating mods (as in about two days into learning the very basics). My name on Discord is the same as here if you want to send it through there. :) 

46 minutes ago, ThouShallNotCamp said:

That would be awesome and appreciated! I am very new to creating mods (as in about two days into learning the very basics). My name on Discord is the same as here if you want to send it through there. :) 

I'd need your # number to msg through discord. I'm Hati Skoll#5317, for example. Tried to upload to dropbox but it's being @%$#y about the share settings.

So I just started my first game, installed per the instructions shared above (or so I thought, haha), but my first trader via the map quest marker is not a trader, but a futuristic settlement with sliding star trek doors inside a shell of a broken down house (and a Dr. Anna who offers jobs). Used the small DF map. Is this normal? 

Edit: people mentioned in Discord that it's normal. Ok then, the science lab is my new home now, haha. Now to find an actual trader...

Edited by ZombieMikeG (see edit history)

I dont know that it has an impact on anything I havent done any quests yet. I do get this error on my startup of server and local both using the "DFalls-Medium1-NoCP" map. Since I love a good skyscraper crawl or if a quest sends me to a building that is not there yet. Just thought I would put this out there.

2022-02-10T18:09:50 499.755 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:09:50 499.756 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-10T18:10:03 513.094 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:10:03 513.094 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it
2022-02-10T18:10:04 514.251 ERR Loading prefab "remnant_skyscraper_01" failed: Block "bedrollArmyGreen" (12517) used in prefab is unknown.
2022-02-10T18:10:04 514.252 WRN Could not load prefab 'remnant_skyscraper_01'. Skipping it

Edit: this is a fresh install on both. And game does run fine.

Edited by Kepana (see edit history)

I checked the Map folder in MOD and found the the locations for the 3 remnant_skyscraper_01. I logged in and ported to the locations and they are just empty lots. I figured that would happen. However, I have searched all files and cant find "bedrollArmyGreen" anyplace in the folders. Im not smart enough to do much more. 

Still finding allot of loot in shipping crates that in all previous games didn't start showing up until i was lvl 20+, and had a cple levels of lucky looter.

Day 2, opened up a WS crate and got: Crucible x2 / Tool/Die x2 / 12 steel bars / 4 repair kits, some wood and a wire-cutter. It's nice to see shipping crates having more then 1 item in them, but i'm still thinking that the crate-loot system is currently a bit unbalanced. Also getting bad lag/stuttering in the starter town that i'm currently in. Only seems to kick-in when i wake up the poi zombies AND there's at least 1 group of wanderer's milling about close or actively approaching me. There might be too many zed's set to random spawn in.

I have a hefty system (2080 ti / i9 9900 / 32gigs ram) i should not be having any sort of performance drops, especially considering i'm playing with some of my graphic settings toned down a bit from what i can be running. If the small starter town is giving me hiccups like this, the big cities might be practically unplayable at times..

8 minutes ago, FujiToday said:

Does anyone have trouble starting a single player game with Darkness Fall ? 

I tried to start with the DF-8k map but it took too long. The screen kept staying at "Loading game data...".

That's normal to take a long time, hit F1 and make sure there are no errors being thrown up repeatedly.

Can someone help me better understand how to use skill points.

1) Should I take the chef skill as a farmer...or will I get them automatically by finishing the quests? I noticed I already got 2 living off the land. Don't want to take anything I will get naturally. So basically, should I not touch any skills in farmer if I started as a farmer?

2) What do you feel are generic "must haves" for Darkness Falls? I see that many are reworked, like Sexual T-Rex, etc. Doesn't look nearly as OP.

Thanks for any help!