Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

Thank you for the reply. I can’t imagine how busy you are with this mod so the whole community appreciates it. Do you know of any gun mods that are compatible with DF? I recently tried the war3zuk overhaul and saw there was a wide variety of weapons. I was not sure if that is a mod that could also be played with darkness falls to be able to get all of those weapons. Thank you for all you do

You can't add war3zuk to DF because we both change too much code.

Don't know of any gun mods that will just work "out of the box" without a lot of editing either.

I'll also NEVER understand players obsessions with "MOAR GUNZ" when they're just the same with different skins and damage numbers. ;) I've been tweaking the current ones i've got to make them all a little specialized.

Like pistol is... kinda just a good all rounder. Shotgun is good for close range, single target, auto weapons are good for multi-target, rifle is good for long range stealth kills.

Coilguns are a stepping stone to laser and have a buff in damage vs demons (there's a coilshotgun now) and laser is anti-demon.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

The coilshotgun sounds like a great idea. The reason I like the more guns idea is there is more types of ammo then. If I have a base with an ak turret and carry an m4 and m60 I only need 7.62 steel. The idea of needing different types of rounds would seem fun for example the m4 using 5.56. I’m a gun person in general so I thought I would ask. I appreciate the responses and love the mod. Thank you

On 7/23/2020 at 8:42 AM, KhaineGB said:

Ok, so the system I have is a mix of both.

It uses the old rocks, but those rocks mark where there is a good chance of a vein. So basically, give it a smack and if you get resources, dig down and you have a good chance of finding that resource.

But i'll be keeping that in A19. :)

Cool thank you Khaine :)

Okay so this mod is LIT. I just downloaded it for the server I bought and my friends are STRUGGLING. Even though it throws in new challenges, I still love this! It literally makes the game more interesting and more fun when grinding. Does anyone have any good tips when starting out? LOL

But honestly, great mod. Love it. Pisses off some of my friends, but still play. 😃

I've been playing this mod a bit and so far I've been enjoying it. It took me a bit to get the mod working, but it was worth the trouble. I'm having a bit of an issue, though. I can't seem to switch ammo for my weapons. My current world I'm playing I'm on day 7 and I've been using a Primitive Bow and a Pipe Rifle. I only have the normal 7.62 rounds for the rifle, but I made iron arrows for the bow and I can't get the weapon to actually use them. I've tried holding down the reload button (just default R key for me) and nothing pops up.

Tried to search if I'm having a problem, or missing something, or if there was an extra button in the controls I was missing, but couldn't find anything. Not sure if I'm being stupid or if I'm missing something that is probably obvious and I just missed.

@belowzeros Ah, thank you. I thought that might be it, but I couldn't find anywhere that it tells you the primitive bow can't use special ammo, and in the vanilla game you can switch it out even on that weapon. When I read the description for the bow itself, it said you could still swap ammo types which is why I confused. Is there a way to change that for the mod or no?

Nope. It's intended because I boosted the base stats of the primative bow so it doesn't suck quite as much.

It will be able to use the new Scrap Iron Arrow type in A19 though, but still not iron or steel. Get an iron bow for those. :p

Mhm, I see that now. I don't mind the change, and kind of like it since it is meant to be a primitive weapon. I was more confused because of what I read in the picture (from Darkness Falls game). What I meant was if there was a way for you to change it to something hinting at the primitive bow not being able to use special ammo (as my confusion came from the description that it could change ammo types). Though, if you are adding a new arrow type for it to use in the next patch, I guess that's redundant.

Thanks for the replies! I'm still enjoying the mod quite a bit!

Screenshot (224).png

Edited by Warvyn (see edit history)

That's great to hear! I like that you're pulling the Compo POIs, we came across a crazy OP one that basically ruined our A18 playthrough.

Question on traps and XP: are you able to make the XP from kills shared by party? Likewise, any thoughts towards having traps besides electric fence give XP? I'm a bit forgetful on the skill differences between base game and this mod (50% electric kill XP but only for person who set the traps up is base game I believe). Would be great if that at least could be shared in party so one person does not run away with levels.

Hey Khaine - great work!

I'm currently looking into setting this up for a personal game, but I'm wondering if it's possible to edit out certain animals out of the files without causing any errors to the mod itself. My arachnophobia (the giant spiders) is the only thing keeping me from trying it out. I'd probably punch a hole or ten in my screen if I ever met one of those... (bit lame, I know, but it's more than enough to keep me at bay so to speak 😅).

And if it is doable - could you tell me which file I need to look at to make that edit? I can probably figure it out if I know where to look.

Thanks!

I do like this mod, but it nearly maxes out my memory and after about 20 minutes of playing, when the memory just completely fills up, I get those ghost blocks all over the world. The only way to fix it is to completely exit and restart the game.  rip