Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

just started the game, loaded fine using the mod launcher. when i try to repair, first the stone ax, then the shovel, got the disintegrating sound you get when when you empty an airdrop crate and the item, ax s,tone shovel so far. disappears from my inventory. otherwise all systems green. 

Anyone having trouble with the new Mod? I have fully reinstalled everything from steam, backed up the 7DTD folder and copied across the files... I feel like I probably doing something stupid as it has been a little while since I did this for A18.

I basically can not launch the mod.

EDIT: HAHA I knew as soon as I posted it would work. I was probably using the wrong exe to boot but who knows. 

Edited by DoctorOozy
Im stupid and my post is now pointless (see edit history)

1 hour ago, gpcstargate said:

Good day KhaineGB

Just a quick question .. On A19 Stable update v3.0 .. did you make new maps or are you still using the same ones .. before I reload and set out.

Thank You .. Be Safe and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌

New maps. :)

1 hour ago, oldguy67 said:

just started the game, loaded fine using the mod launcher. when i try to repair, first the stone ax, then the shovel, got the disintegrating sound you get when when you empty an airdrop crate and the item, ax s,tone shovel so far. disappears from my inventory. otherwise all systems green. 

When you repair stuff, it loses quality. If the base quality is 6 or lower, it breaks.

So you broke your stuff. :p

I literally just replaced it. Going to update in a moment.

There was a bug that ONLY happened on servers so I had to fix it and reupload.

I hate servers.

EDIT: Google drive links updated. Git is already updated, so launcher users will get an update. Nexus client files updated, server uploading now.

Nexus server files done.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

doing the trader quests, got to hugh in the cold region, no dialogue window with him, there are two captains that do have dialogue windows and with their normal inventories instead of the usual one. not a big deal to me, just thought i would mention it

actually it fixed itself. i went outside to kill some bad guys came back in and it's worked since. still have two captains but will see if they are still there when i restart. otherwise smooth as silk. i like the new intro screen too. nice artwork.

Is something wrong with trader guards? They're barely shooting. Same trader, theoretically same guard placement and wall integrity. I've had at least a dozen zombos break into the trader already, and it's still day time. In the previous version they obliterated anything that came within like 50 yards of the walls.

I'm also losing a lot of items when I repair them. They just disappear, and may or may not reappear in the future. I can't figure out what triggers them to reappear. I read older versions had a durability system where they'd lose a tier each time you repaired, 11 to 10, 10 to 9, etc. with 1 being destroyed since there's no zero tier. That can't be it, because it happened with items of all tiers. And, before you ask, no, I am not accidentally scrapping them. I have been extra careful about clicks and button presses after the first few items up and poofed on me.

Edited by crapass (see edit history)

Greetings! Fellow lover of DF here. Gray haired and long in the tooth but still playin games till I die. I am currently having trouble loading v3 for a19. I was able to download the zip file and after copying the files to my 7d2d directory the game would hang on start up. ("loading game files"). So I verified files through steam then reinstalled the files from the zip. And unfortunately no luck. I can verify files in steam and play vanilla at any time, but am jonesing for my df fix. The screen it is hanging on is the vanilla splash screen (with the trees) and now is the part where I sheepishly have to admit I vaguely remember something similar to this happening when I installed DF for a18... and I can't for the life of me remember what the heck I did to get it to work. Do I need to have a full fresh install of the base game before copying the files/folders from the zip? I honestly think I'm just missing something basic and I apologize in advance for the rookie errors. Thank you much for your time folks... -dk9

12 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

When you repair stuff, it loses quality. If the base quality is 6 or lower, it breaks.

Does this maybe help your tool disappearance issue crapass?

8 hours ago, crapass said:

Is something wrong with trader guards? They're barely shooting. Same trader, theoretically same guard placement and wall integrity. I've had at least a dozen zombos break into the trader already, and it's still day time. In the previous version they obliterated anything that came within like 50 yards of the walls.

I'm also losing a lot of items when I repair them. They just disappear, and may or may not reappear in the future. I can't figure out what triggers them to reappear. I read older versions had a durability system where they'd lose a tier each time you repaired, 11 to 10, 10 to 9, etc. with 1 being destroyed since there's no zero tier. That can't be it, because it happened with items of all tiers. And, before you ask, no, I am not accidentally scrapping them. I have been extra careful about clicks and button presses after the first few items up and poofed on me.

There's less trader guards than there used to be. So they don't work as well.

No I have no plans to change that. They aren't there to protect you. They're there for flavour ONLY.

7 hours ago, darkknight9 said:

Greetings! Fellow lover of DF here. Gray haired and long in the tooth but still playin games till I die. I am currently having trouble loading v3 for a19. I was able to download the zip file and after copying the files to my 7d2d directory the game would hang on start up. ("loading game files"). So I verified files through steam then reinstalled the files from the zip. And unfortunately no luck. I can verify files in steam and play vanilla at any time, but am jonesing for my df fix. The screen it is hanging on is the vanilla splash screen (with the trees) and now is the part where I sheepishly have to admit I vaguely remember something similar to this happening when I installed DF for a18... and I can't for the life of me remember what the heck I did to get it to work. Do I need to have a full fresh install of the base game before copying the files/folders from the zip? I honestly think I'm just missing something basic and I apologize in advance for the rookie errors. Thank you much for your time folks... -dk9

Does this maybe help your tool disappearance issue crapass?

Made this quickly last night to help out other folks. Maybe it'll help?

4 hours ago, Delside said:

Will localization be done entirely into Russian? Or can you only dream about it? 🙂

Um, it is? I threw all my localization into google translate for all languages.

2 hours ago, susumu0607 said:

When you start the quest on the multi-server, 0m is displayed.
Also, the excavation que is displayed differently. The quest will not complete if you complete the excavation in the correct location and return to the trader to speak.

Fixed last night. Reverted trader quests back to vanilla because servers have to be special.

Hey there Khaine buddy pal...!

Do you have a simple prefablist in .txt format that you use for generating your maps? I'd like to use Nitrogen and add in a few custom POI's but trying to pull the prefablist from the mod's Worlds folder isn't working I think due to the formatting(?). If you have a list that can be plugged into Nitrogen that would be super duper and much appreciated!

1 hour ago, jamesandmichelletwitch said:

I am having issues getting the game to load on my Gportal server. All is great until the game loads and then gets stuck at :

{Steamworks.NET} Lobby creation succeeded

{Steamworks.NET}Lobby entered.

It hangs here forever, any ideas?

stuck.png

I'd check your server log file.

1 hour ago, kosh401 said:

Hey there Khaine buddy pal...!

Do you have a simple prefablist in .txt format that you use for generating your maps? I'd like to use Nitrogen and add in a few custom POI's but trying to pull the prefablist from the mod's Worlds folder isn't working I think due to the formatting(?). If you have a list that can be plugged into Nitrogen that would be super duper and much appreciated!

Nope.

And nitrogen is not supported for DF, and never will be, because it doesn't obey biome restrictions.