Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

12 hours ago, darkknight9 said:

Does this maybe help your tool disappearance issue crapass?

Naw. I've been losing the first skill point tier of 11 quality items fairly frequently. And they do reappear randomly, if I leave their hotbar slot open. I can't figure it out.

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

There's less trader guards than there used to be. So they don't work as well.

No I have no plans to change that. They aren't there to protect you. They're there for flavour ONLY.

I wasn't using the trader as my base. I did a few POIs around it before getting in there for the newbie quest and there were already holes all over it, with zombos inside. The guards aren't there to protect me, of course. But it seems they aren't there to protect themselves or the trader, either. More than a few times I saw zombos bashing on walls right under a line of guards and they didn't do anything, like they have a minimum distance awareness and blind spots underneath them where they just won't spot or shoot zombos.  I even cheated in a dozen new guards to test, just lined the walls with them, then spawned in a small amount of zombies and they still got in and tore up the walls.

Anyone else have similar reports? Numbers aside, the guards feel so much less effective in this version.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Nope. Probably because I told the discord to stop complaining about the guards or i'll just remove them (which me and the testers HAVE discussed)

I would lean toward removing them completely, this would make people less likely to setup shop there. Although when you first arrive on day 1 you do feel a tiny bit safer just because you have nothing. I do find their gunfire sound to be really loud and annoying, sometimes I swear they are firing at nothing. Haha.

I’m having a blast so far with DF, I’m playing perma death, warrior, zombies jog during day and playing on VSmall 1. I’m on day 4 and it’s been a REAL struggle for food and drink, finally able to make bacon and eggs which is a life saver. I think this is the first play through that I’ve actually had to use the tiny bit of money I had to buy food and drink from the trader and vending machine. Question, are we still able to collect resource from a car using an axe or only salvage tools? I’m only getting scrap iron from them, so does this mean no more OP Auger? Also, do the cars explode when hitting them or is it like A18 where only zombies makes them explode?

43 minutes ago, LeonProfessional said:

I would lean toward removing them completely, this would make people less likely to setup shop there. Although when you first arrive on day 1 you do feel a tiny bit safer just because you have nothing. I do find their gunfire sound to be really loud and annoying, sometimes I swear they are firing at nothing. Haha.

I’m having a blast so far with DF, I’m playing perma death, warrior, zombies jog during day and playing on VSmall 1. I’m on day 4 and it’s been a REAL struggle for food and drink, finally able to make bacon and eggs which is a life saver. I think this is the first play through that I’ve actually had to use the tiny bit of money I had to buy food and drink from the trader and vending machine. Question, are we still able to collect resource from a car using an axe or only salvage tools? I’m only getting scrap iron from them, so does this mean no more OP Auger? Also, do the cars explode when hitting them or is it like A18 where only zombies makes them explode?

The axe doesn't get you any stuff at all (but i'm gonna alter that so you get some resources at a MASSIVELY reduced rate).

Only tools like the wrench/wratchet/impact driver will get you the battery, engine and radiator. Any other stuff could be gained with a pickaxe... in theory.

Hey Khaine, just an FYI in regards to the HDHQ mod. Main packs DO NOT work, Textures DO NOT work, Lighting no longer works (including the 18.4 b4 version on Nexus). The modlets (I'm testing the Biome Pack, Biome Particles, and Plants-Wind) appear to work so far. We shall see. I think the particle effects are especially cool but who knows what kind of issues the modlets may cause down the road. We shall see.

10 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Made this quickly last night to help out other folks. Maybe it'll help?

Well, I thought it was helpful :) Having the same issue where it hangs (image attached). Interesting twist though. Whereas I can see logfiles from yesterdays attempts, post watching the vid (and following the directions) it hangs but makes no log text file in the 7DaysToDie_Data folder. Yesterday I was just trying to add files to the steamapps/common/7d2d folder and got logs. Today I verified steam files, copied to a different folder (with a goofy name so I would remember where I put it) merged folders/copied files from the zip (over 2000 conflicts to replace) and it hangs at the same screen but no log. I suspect whomever is responsible for the zombie apocalypse is stealing my logfiles. :)  In all seriousness would a pastebin of yesterdays attempts be at all helpful? (Thank you again for the help. Much appreciated.)

hangs.png

OMG its huge. Its seriously over 14 megs. And it says "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" A LOT.

Here is the pastebin of the first part (before the cascade of NullReferenceExceptions)

https://pastebin.com/iK49iMYB

Ack!! For some reason I didn't get it all. Here is the rest up till the Nulls start:

https://pastebin.com/xikrud89

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

...or you're running Linux.

I'm not nearly smarty pants enough to run Linux. :D

7 hours ago, darkknight9 said:

OMG its huge. Its seriously over 14 megs. And it says "NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object" A LOT.

Here is the pastebin of the first part (before the cascade of NullReferenceExceptions)

https://pastebin.com/iK49iMYB

Ack!! For some reason I didn't get it all. Here is the rest up till the Nulls start:

https://pastebin.com/xikrud89

I'm not nearly smarty pants enough to run Linux. :D

Loading Patch: Mythix_NovehicleBM+Mythix_NovehicleBM_Init
TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100000e (from typeref, class/assembly Harmony.HarmonyInstance, 0Harmony, Version=1.2.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
  at DMTChanges.HookHarmony () [0x00196] in <80884e85b8bc41dd9f30ce4ffc047727>:0 
  at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 

^ There's your issue. My guess is something isn't installed correctly.

5 hours ago, Glaston said:

Saw it mentioned on Steam forums .

Just tried it myself and had similar thing.

Using frames underground, if you pick them up you cannot place anything in that spot.

Bug or intended?

Bug and no idea why. My GUESS is it might be related to the caves.

1 hour ago, scubahalo said:

Are there any Desert spawn points left in Navezgane or am I going to have to set one manually? Tried about 30 different game names and never once a Desert spawn.

I think TFP removed most of them.

23 hours ago, jamesandmichelletwitch said:

I am having issues getting the game to load on my Gportal server. All is great until the game loads and then gets stuck at :

{Steamworks.NET} Lobby creation succeeded

{Steamworks.NET}Lobby entered.

It hangs here forever, any ideas?

stuck.png

Did you solve it dude? We are having the same issue, we tried to reinstall everything but same result.

7 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Cant help without server log files to see what the issue is.

Though my guess is bad install. ALWAYS check the mod in SP first. Always.

If it works, it's a server problem. If it doesn't, it's a client problem.

Just now I think I can see the issue, during the copy the "Bundles" folder couldn't be created on the seerver because of an error, and I can't copy it at all. I will contact my provider, copy the folder somehow and check again. So yes, almost sure it's bad install. (Client works without any issue)

Edited by kloudwork (see edit history)

6 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Loading Patch: Mythix_NovehicleBM+Mythix_NovehicleBM_Init
TypeLoadException: Could not resolve type with token 0100000e (from typeref, class/assembly Harmony.HarmonyInstance, 0Harmony, Version=1.2.0.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null)
  at DMTChanges.HookHarmony () [0x00196] in <80884e85b8bc41dd9f30ce4ffc047727>:0 
  at GameManager.Awake () [0x00000] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 

^ There's your issue. My guess is something isn't installed correctly.

Okay. I'm going to start from the ground up, fresh install of the game and new download of the mod. Is the bit of code telling me that I need to get a copy of 0harmony.dll and put that into the appropriate folder?

27 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Harmony should be included in the download. :)

It is. I just cant figure out if I need a new download because something got hosed along the way or if my pc is not copying something correctly. I even tried unzipping the mod to a separate folder and copying it into the copy folder of the game I made. No dice. :( I still feel like I am doing something inherently wrong... Or it could be my fear of spiders manifesting itself to self sabotage at this point. :)

ok, I'm probably flaunting my ignorance here but in the unlocks (forge ahead 2) it says player level GTE 25, i've seen GTE in other unlocks and have no idea what it's referring to. i read all the journal entries and did not see it mentioned.

2 hours ago, Thundy said:

Was compo pack added back in btw? I thought it was removed due to glitches :)

There's a heavily modified version added.

1 hour ago, oldguy67 said:

ok, I'm probably flaunting my ignorance here but in the unlocks (forge ahead 2) it says player level GTE 25, i've seen GTE in other unlocks and have no idea what it's referring to. i read all the journal entries and did not see it mentioned.

Greater Than or Equal To (GTE)

On 8/21/2020 at 4:27 PM, scubahalo said:

Hey Khaine, just an FYI in regards to the HDHQ mod. Main packs DO NOT work, Textures DO NOT work, Lighting no longer works (including the 18.4 b4 version on Nexus). The modlets (I'm testing the Biome Pack, Biome Particles, and Plants-Wind) appear to work so far. We shall see. I think the particle effects are especially cool but who knows what kind of issues the modlets may cause down the road. We shall see.

I had the same experience and people in other threads called me crazy.  Glad to see I still might be sane :)